Televangelist Jim Bakker sells $45 Trump Coin, says its "point of contact" with God

If the election of Trump has revealed one thing, it is that there is a serious level of mental illness in America that is neither being talked about, nor addressed from a medical perspective.

Televangelist Jim Bakker sells $45 Trump coin, calls it ‘point of contact’ with God

This coming from the same man that just lashed out at the Alabama abortion law to stop abortions?

Very telling indeed.
Um....no. But then again, all those religious flim-flam artists look and sound alike.

I just find it amusing how the so-called Christian right in this country continues to push the nonsensical narrative that Trump is the modern day Cyrus. I wonder what image rehab corporation came up with this meme? Sadly, it's just too easy to mislead people who self identify as Christian these days.
lepikr5plhk21.jpg

I think that Christians are just pleased to have a leader that doesn't look down upon them as a "bunch of deplorables" "clinging to their firearms and bibles".

No one confuses Donald J. Trump with holy hermit sitting on a mountain, all that Christians are asking for, to quote the late great Aretha Franklin, is a little respect.

If one of the ultra liberal candidates would go to rural areas, and explain they don't hate the Pro-Life movement, aren't gunophobic and agree that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden, they would go a long way to bridging the gap
A very ironic post since having donnie in the WH has shown everyone that many many CRCs are just that.....a "bunch of deplorables clinging to their firearms and bibles." The last few years has made that very clear.

If the election of Trump has revealed one thing, it is that there is a serious level of mental illness in America that is neither being talked about, nor addressed from a medical perspective.

Televangelist Jim Bakker sells $45 Trump coin, calls it ‘point of contact’ with God

This coming from the same man that just lashed out at the Alabama abortion law to stop abortions?

Very telling indeed.
Um....no. But then again, all those religious flim-flam artists look and sound alike.

How about Liberal Religious Flim Flam artists like Jim Wallis, Louis Farrakhan and Al Sharpton? Did you know they ask for donations too?

Still no where near as loony as bed wetters who believe in the "New green deal" and MMGW.

Fo sho'. We're bursting at the seams with batshit crazy on both sides of the left/right pissing match.

Very telling indeed.

my grandmother used to watch Leroy Jenkins back in the 60's and 70's ---

leroy-jenkins-televangelist-54f5de32-9272-4cdd-a3a7-142d35e4c56-resize-750.jpeg

there must be a mold for those pricks ....

I think that Christians are just pleased to have a leader that doesn't look down upon them as a "bunch of deplorables" "clinging to their firearms and bibles".

They're just pissed because the statement is so accurate. It holds up even today.

No one confuses Donald J. Trump with holy hermit sitting on a mountain, all that Christians are asking for, to quote the late great Aretha Franklin, is a little respect.

Respect is earned. Do something worthy of respect, and you just might get it. Being a hippocrite won't get you respect.

If one of the ultra liberal candidates would go to rural areas, and explain they don't hate the Pro-Life movement, aren't gunophobic and agree that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden, they would go a long way to bridging the gap

You want candidates to think like you do. It's an unreasonable request.

They're just pissed because the statement is so accurate. It holds up even today.

Respect is earned. Do something worthy of respect, and you just might get it. Being a hippocrite won't get you respect.

You want candidates to think like you do. It's an unreasonable request.

who the hell is pissed?

these bible thumping carnival barkers can reach in your pocket a grab a $10 dollar bill faster than you can say amen - thats too F'n funny !

Last edited:

I agree and it’s strongly present in both his supporters and detracters.

Unlike Comrade minus, President Obama never used his office on Air Force One to publicly attack and bully a political opponent. ⁣

Very telling indeed.

I always liked the greatest theologian to ever come out of Akron and eastern Ohio, Rev. Ernest Angley.

Very telling indeed.

I always liked the greatest theologian to ever come out of Akron and eastern Ohio, Rev. Ernest Angley.

earnest was a sexual predator like Trump -- same hair God too.

AR-190118212.jpg

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Interesting that nobody has spoken out against this yet. I personally think that mixing politics and religion is bad, period. You conservatives constantly talk about Sharia law and being against a theocracy, but here it is, coming from the Christian side of the house.
I'll bite. So, had this guy simply started marketing a coin for sale, I'd be fine with that, as that is just captlitalism, however, since he is marketing it as a point of contact with God, it is wrong. I mean, whose to say, maybe he had a divine intervention and this is what he was told to do. Barring that, it's a scam.

While I'm not the most religious person around, I'm pretty confident that God is not going to require anyone to purchase a coin in order to pray for someone.

I'm sure there will be people who will get taken by this, and that is why I think its wrong.

Interesting that nobody has spoken out against this yet. I personally think that mixing politics and religion is bad, period. You conservatives constantly talk about Sharia law and being against a theocracy, but here it is, coming from the Christian side of the house.
I'll bite. So, had this guy simply started marketing a coin for sale, I'd be fine with that, as that is just captlitalism, however, since he is marketing it as a point of contact with God, it is wrong. I mean, whose to say, maybe he had a divine intervention and this is what he was told to do. Barring that, it's a scam.

While I'm not the most religious person around, I'm pretty confident that God is not going to require anyone to purchase a coin in order to pray for someone.

I'm sure there will be people who will get taken by this, and that is why I think its wrong.

Exactly. The difference between normal capitalism and fleecing the people for your political/religious beliefs is simple.

Basic capitalism would be someone making a teddy bear, dressing it up like Trump, and calling it "Trumpy Bear" (which is a real thing BTW). While I personally think it's stupid and a waste of money, there are those out there that don't, and they will buy one. Nothing was said about that bear being a touchstone to anything.

The coin? TOTALLY different thing. Yes, it's being sold for capitalist reasons (to make money), but they are also dressing it up as something that gives a person a connection to God. That is where it goes wrong. You can't sell a connection to God. Faith is what gets a person that kind of thing, not a 45 dollar coin.

Too bad Christians don't know that anymore.

Exactly. The difference between normal capitalism and fleecing the people for your political/religious beliefs is simple.

Basic capitalism would be someone making a teddy bear, dressing it up like Trump, and calling it "Trumpy Bear" (which is a real thing BTW). While I personally think it's stupid and a waste of money, there are those out there that don't, and they will buy one. Nothing was said about that bear being a touchstone to anything.

The coin? TOTALLY different thing. Yes, it's being sold for capitalist reasons (to make money), but they are also dressing it up as something that gives a person a connection to God. That is where it goes wrong. You can't sell a connection to God. Faith is what gets a person that kind of thing, not a 45 dollar coin.

Christian's do know this, but you have those, in any group, who are going to be more fanatical about certain things.

Christian's do know this, but you have those, in any group, who are going to be more fanatical about certain things.

If Christians know this, then why are they allowing some of their own to use God's blessings for their own benefit? The money changers were doing the same thing in the Temple, and Jesus became unglued and whipped them and turned over their tables. Many times that story is told to show how it's not good to sell God's blessings. Why is it okay when Bakker and his pals do it?

If Christians know this, then why are they allowing some of their own to use God's blessings for their own benefit? The money changers were doing the same thing in the Temple, and Jesus became unglued and whipped them and turned over their tables. Many times that story is told to show how it's not good to sell God's blessings. Why is it okay when Bakker and his pals do it?

It's not ok for them to do it, but what do you want people to do?

It's not ok for them to do it, but what do you want people to do?

Well, for starters, how about regular real Christians denouncing what is being done by Bakker and his pals? I mean, you want the moderate Muslims to tone down the fanatics, why can't Christians do the same with their belief system?

Forum List

Back