Teacher Defends Showing Her Class Gay Disney Film

That article essentially says the same thing. Under same sex parents, cohabitating (unmarried) same sex parents are no different than co-habituating hetero couples. In other words MARRIAGE increases stability for the child regardless of the sex of the parents. Another reason for same sex marriage.

Also, I didn’t make any claim about step parents, by adoptive families I meant no biological parents.

SSM might increase the stability but not to the satisfaction children get from living with their married, biological parents, all things being equal.

SSM might increase the stability but not to the satisfaction children get from living with their married, biological parents, all things being equal.

That isn't supported by research though.

We conclude that there is a clear consensus in the social science literature indicating that American children living within same-sex parent households fare just, as well as those children residing within different-sex parent households over a wide array of well-being measures: academic performance, cognitive development, social development, psychological health, early sexual activity, and substance abuse.

The results indicate that children raised by same-sex parents from birth perform better than children raised by different-sex parents in both primary and secondary education.

Children with gay, lesbian, transgender or other sexual minority parents fare as well as, or better than, children with parents of the opposite sex, according to research published Monday in BMJ Global Health,...

That isn't supported by research though.

We conclude that there is a clear consensus in the social science literature indicating that American children living within same-sex parent households fare just, as well as those children residing within different-sex parent households over a wide array of well-being measures: academic performance, cognitive development, social development, psychological health, early sexual activity, and substance abuse.

The results indicate that children raised by same-sex parents from birth perform better than children raised by different-sex parents in both primary and secondary education.

Children with gay, lesbian, transgender or other sexual minority parents fare as well as, or better than, children with parents of the opposite sex, according to research published Monday in BMJ Global Health,...

Rejected whole-heartedly. No.

Ask children whether they would like to be raised by their biological, married parents OR by "two daddies", only one of whom fathered them, and a donor mother they will never know.

"Science" is busted. Who "trusts the experts" anymore?

I'm not talking about "films"; I'm saying that everyone knows a child growing up in the home of her biological, married parents--all things being equal--is superior to gay parents, steps or whatnot.

Anyone that has ever known parents of adopted children knows this is total bullshit.

Ask children whether they would like to be raised by their biological, married parents OR by "two daddies", only one of whom fathered them, and a donor mother they will never know.

Ok Sue, that's a "fail". I provided examples of research that indicates those children do just as well as children with two biological parents, all else being equal, and suddenly "who trusts the experts". Yet, those experts were good enough for you earlier. :rolleyes:

So, when you present studies they are solid proof of your argument and then when others do so, science can no longer be trusted.

How very convenient for you

Ask that of the kids that were raised by a same sex couple. I’m guessing the answers wouldn’t be quite what you think.

Ok Sue, that's a "fail". I provided examples of research that indicates those children do just as well as children with two biological parents, all else being equal, and suddenly "who trusts the experts". Yet, those experts were good enough for you earlier. :rolleyes:

Because this was submitted by the American Sociological Association and was massaged all the way through. Again--after Covid, I'm done playing footsie with Stupid Science. Any child would do better with two loving adults who care for child vs. two awful adults, this is true. But given the choice between two loving adults who biologically created the child vs. maybe one who did and a "mystery sperm donor" or whatever, what is best for the child?

We all know that answer.

Because this was submitted by the American Sociological Association and was massaged all the way through. Again--after Covid, I'm done playing footsie with Stupid Science. Any child would do better with two loving adults who care for child vs. two awful adults, this is true. But given the choice between two loving adults who biologically created the child vs. maybe one who did and a "mystery sperm donor" or whatever, what is best for the child?

We all know that answer.
Sue, I posted multiple studies and now they are all "stupid science?"

What is best for the child is a stable loving home. That can be provided without being the biological parent. The only thing biological parents offer that others can't is their genes. In essence, you are saying that, all else being equal? adoptive families can not possibly be as loving, caring and stable as biological ones?

One thing comes to mind, many times adoptive families are unable to have children, or have tried and failed multiple times. Adoption is a lengthy process. I am willing to bet that child is all the more precious as a result.

"Teacher Defends Showing Her Class Gay Disney Film"

The film is not gay, there is no depiction of gay "activities," it's not even gay themed. It has a gay character.

This thread title is inaccurate and meant to appeal only to the low bigotry of the simple minded.

Sue, I posted multiple studies and now they are all "stupid science?"

What is best for the child is a stable loving home. That can be provided without being the biological parent. The only thing biological parents offer that others can't is their genes. In essence, you are saying that, all else being equal? adoptive families can not possibly be as loving, caring and stable as biological ones?

One thing comes to mind, many times adoptive families are unable to have children, or have tried and failed multiple times. Adoption is a lengthy process. I am willing to bet that child is all the more precious as a result.

Yes, all other things being equal. Would a child rather be raised by:

his/her own two, happily married, stable biological parents OR

two happily married, stable parents, one of whom is biological and then a perhaps anonymous egg/sperm donor.

Any "science" which claims there's no difference is junk science

two happily married, stable parents, one of whom is biological and then a perhaps anonymous egg/sperm donor.
Why would a child care beyond curiosity? You are inserting your own feelings here, particularly in emphasizing "anonymous sperm doner" and singling out only one kind of adoptive situation.

If a child was raised in a loving supportive family, why would they prefer to be raised by a biological parent? Meet them...I can see that, we all like to know where we came from.

Oh come on! That is The Worst rationale!

You are such a vile, nasty fucking whore it's disgraceful.

Satan loves what?
FziYnHKaIAArtcQ

American "priests" who have crossed over to the side of LGBT relations have begun to prove that Jesus was actually gay. This is allegedly stated in the Bible itself. There's a reason why Christian exhibitions depict Jesus in the arms of his disciples, says the man in pink.

American "priests" who have crossed over to the side of LGBT relations have begun to prove that Jesus was actually gay. This is allegedly stated in the Bible itself. There's a reason why Christian exhibitions depict Jesus in the arms of his disciples, says the man in pink.

You're Russian?

Forum List

Back