Vaping Stupid

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
There is a student in one of my classes who basically lives in the gym. I run into him there all the time. His entire personality revolves around being all jacked up. Haven't convinced him to join the wrestling team yet. Anyway, as I was leaving my day school to go over to night school, there he is standing just behind the school with two of his buddies. Something looked a little fishy about the way they were all glancing around. I have seen that glance a million times. It means the student knows he/she is doing something they shouldn't. I watched them for a few seconds and sure enough the gym rat pulled out a vape and took a puff before handing it over to his buddy. I was super pissed. Not only is that sort of thing of course prohibited on school grounds, but this kid spends all his time working out then inhales poison. I walked over and caught them in the act. The kid made a ridiculously obvious attempt at hiding it. I took the stupid thing away from them and told them to get lost. In class today I spent at least 20 minutes reading him the riot act in front of the whole class. He was properly chastised and stayed after class to apologize and thank me for not dropping a dime on him with the school administration. I know his older brother, and he would have killed him.

Just the kind of thing that happens every day.

You.

School shootings, stabbings, beating the living shit out of teachers.............

Don't you read about whats going on in the world?

Most are good kids. I wouldn't work where I do if I were faint of heart. My classes are always the ones with the "challenging" students because the admin knows who I am.

Very bad OP .
At least two vapers in your story but you only punished one .
Not sure that the public dressing down was a smart move either .
I always give my charges a private dressing down first or a touch of the Dutch Uncle treatment .
Going broadscale later only if required .

There is a student in one of my classes who basically lives in the gym. I run into him there all the time. His entire personality revolves around being all jacked up. Haven't convinced him to join the wrestling team yet. Anyway, as I was leaving my day school to go over to night school, there he is standing just behind the school with two of his buddies. Something looked a little fishy about the way they were all glancing around. I have seen that glance a million times. It means the student knows he/she is doing something they shouldn't. I watched them for a few seconds and sure enough the gym rat pulled out a vape and took a puff before handing it over to his buddy. I was super pissed. Not only is that sort of thing of course prohibited on school grounds, but this kid spends all his time working out then inhales poison. I walked over and caught them in the act. The kid made a ridiculously obvious attempt at hiding it. I took the stupid thing away from them and told them to get lost. In class today I spent at least 20 minutes reading him the riot act in front of the whole class. He was properly chastised and stayed after class to apologize and thank me for not dropping a dime on him with the school administration. I know his older brother, and he would have killed him.

So, ... how was the vape? Good shit?

Narc. 🙄

At least two vapers in your story but you only punished one .

Only one is in one of my classes. The others can go be stupid on their own time, as long as it's not on school grounds.

I didn't "punish" anyone.
Come on , you are talking to a hardened professional .
That's psycho babble .
The key element in punishment is the type and degree of reinforcement provided and how you later build on it .
But hopefully you practise positively and long term already

Another problem with the vaping bullshit is that these days you can't know what it might be laced with.

It boggles the mind that many vapers still say “at least it’s better than smoking”…. Umm no, it isn’t.

Forum List

Back