Tea Party Lunacy Infects US Military

Should US Marine Sgt. Gary Stein get disability benefits when he gets discharged?

• Total voters
stop drinking while posting

pay attention

Vietnam Era Vets

Stop being an ass and read the reply dipshit.

We lost people in the war. I also know Vietnam Era Vets who scam the system. I know vets who were denied benefits for Agent Orange related issues, while bums were collecting for bullshit claims about service related issues.

so please, pay attention. stop defending all vet claims as if they are equal. They are not. This is why the Vietnam Era vets got changes to what they are called. Blur the distinctions between those who served during hostilities and those who served without ever being in danger of being near hostilities.

I know about this shit. And so do you I suspect

No doubt some scammed the system, It wasnt a volunteer war. One who benefited shopping his discharge was John Kerry himself.
We also have every government program in existence being scammed, yet congress most often blocks reform under its racist grounds.

Why does disability payments immediately come to the leftie mind? Does the left think disability benefits should be withheld for anyone who criticizes the president?

Because most vets who talk shit, there are many of them, file for service related disability benefits. Mostly fudging stories and facts. Just visit the VA shelters or other programs. Everyone knows how to scam the system.

And you can maybe provide a link to support that> Or did you pull it out of your ass with the gerbil?

You forget, the military works for us, the American public. We pay them. Now stfu. Maybe go down to the nearest Post Office and salute a flag.

Dime store patriots need to be reminded that they serve, not own the country.

And YOU forget CONGRESS works for us, too. We pay THEM, too. YOU "stfu."
:cuckoo:

CONGRESS represents us. We vote them in. We pay them to represent us.
We pay the military to die for us, asshole!

:cuckoo: Tea Party Lunacy Infects US Military :cuckoo:

Marine's Facebook page tests military rules - Boston.com

U.S. Marine faces boot for anti-Obama Facebook posts

SAN DIEGO (AP) – A Marine sergeant who started a Facebook group that is openly critical of President Obama and posted comments saying he will not follow the unlawful orders of the commander in chief is facing possible dismissal from the Corps.

The Marines on Wednesday told Sgt. Gary Stein — a Camp Pendleton Marine who started the Facebook page called Armed Forces Tea Party — that he is in violation of Pentagon policy barring troops from political activities.

Stein, a nine-year member of the Corps, said he started the page to encourage fellow servicemembers to exercise their free speech rights. He has also criticized U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta for his comments on Syria.
His dismissal from the Corps is likely already in effect unless he is serving time in the brig for dishonorable duty.

Because most vets who talk shit, there are many of them, file for service related disability benefits. Mostly fudging stories and facts. Just visit the VA shelters or other programs. Everyone knows how to scam the system.

You got that right! Look the welfare fraud discovered all the time. Say, have YOU ever been in the military? If not, you don't know what the HELL you are talking about.

go to any drunk hangout, or homeless shelter, even the OCCUPY sites, and you find VA counselors counseling people on how to upgrade discharges and how to file for a faux related service related benefit claim..

and whether I joined up or not is irrelevant and none of your business. post y our name, address, job place and more, and I'll post private info you ask for.

More DNC recruiters?

Stop being an ass and read the reply dipshit.

We lost people in the war. I also know Vietnam Era Vets who scam the system. I know vets who were denied benefits for Agent Orange related issues, while bums were collecting for bullshit claims about service related issues.

so please, pay attention. stop defending all vet claims as if they are equal. They are not. This is why the Vietnam Era vets got changes to what they are called. Blur the distinctions between those who served during hostilities and those who served without ever being in danger of being near hostilities.

I know about this shit. And so do you I suspect

No doubt some scammed the system, It wasnt a volunteer war. One who benefited shopping his discharge was John Kerry himself.

We also have every government program in existence being scammed, yet congress most often blocks reform under its racist grounds.

Your shit about Kerry is false. but...

It was a volunteer war after a certain date. Vietnam Era was invented to cover dooshbags in vet orgs who wanted it to appear they served in times of danger.

Most Vietnam vets are not drunks, druggies, bums, or degenerates. Most never filed a claim or had the need to upgrade a discharge. But concerning those who file claims and upgrade discharges...I know a few things.

I also know for a fact that Kerry is a genuine war hero. I met and spoke with the men in his boats. Not the ideological hacks who were upset over how they were portrayed in Brinkley's book, or were upset over Kerry's honorable protest against the war.

:eusa_angel:

You got that right! Look the welfare fraud discovered all the time. Say, have YOU ever been in the military? If not, you don't know what the HELL you are talking about.

go to any drunk hangout, or homeless shelter, even the OCCUPY sites, and you find VA counselors counseling people on how to upgrade discharges and how to file for a faux related service related benefit claim..

and whether I joined up or not is irrelevant and none of your business. post y our name, address, job place and more, and I'll post private info you ask for.

More DNC recruiters?

more pimps on a VA salary

SAN DIEGO (AP) – A Marine sergeant who started a Facebook group that is openly critical of President Obama and posted comments saying he will not follow the unlawful orders of the commander in chief is facing possible dismissal from the Corps.

The Marines on Wednesday told Sgt. Gary Stein — a Camp Pendleton Marine who started the Facebook page called Armed Forces Tea Party — that he is in violation of Pentagon policy barring troops from political activities.

Stein, a nine-year member of the Corps, said he started the page to encourage fellow servicemembers to exercise their free speech rights. He has also criticized U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta for his comments on Syria.
His dismissal from the Corps is likely already in effect unless he is serving time in the brig for dishonorable duty.
sad.

this is what happens when there is no treatment for mental illness in politics.

And YOU forget CONGRESS works for us, too. We pay THEM, too. YOU "stfu."

CONGRESS represents us. We vote them in. We pay them to represent us.
We pay the military to die for us, asshole!

what?

People volunteer. People used to be asked to serve and follow a call of duty.

Please, most vets I knew after WWII and before 911, never faced a danger except in basic or when going through AIT or it's equivalent.

:lol:

Why does disability payments immediately come to the leftie mind? Does the left think disability benefits should be withheld for anyone who criticizes the president?

And you can maybe provide a link to support that> Or did you pull it out of your ass with the gerbil?
Ernie, I am quoting from Dante's second OP link:

He said he determined he was not in violation and relaunched the page. Last week, he said his superiors told him he could not use social media sites on government computers after he posted the message stating he would not follow the president's unlawful orders.
Stein said his statement was part of an online debate about NATO allowing U.S. troops to be tried for the Quran burnings in Afghanistan.
In that context, he said, he was stating that he would not follow orders from the president if those orders included detaining U.S. citizens, disarming them or doing anything else that he believes would violate their constitutional rights.

I'm pretty sure he is in trouble with a superior commanding officer (POTUS) and that his dishonorable discharge is imminent. Being right is not an option in the face of disobedience to the military code of ethics. It's a military matter, not a junkyard fight.

And in my years of being an army brat, I often heard the trite platitude, "There's a right way, and there's a wrong way, and there's the Army way. The Army way wins." :rolleyes:

We pay them. Now stfu. Maybe

"We" pay them?

You do realize that military men and women pay taxes, correct, assbrain? You're not stupid enough to believe they are exempt from paying taxes while Chickenshits like you are comfy back home playing with yourself, while they're off serving their country?

Maybe you are.

chickenshit? :lol:

So they pay taxes. Whoop-dee-doo. On what salary? a salary paid for by American taxpayers...all taxpayers, even commies and leftists. :lol:

Imagine, you took money from the left.

I was told this post insults the military?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

good gawd, it's time spanked many of these fucking vets who hide behind the flag as if America has a class system where vets are more American than others.

:mad:

facts suck for you? too bad. :redface:

Most likely will be. Its not good to be on the news for military folk. That said, why is he bad for exercising his rights as an American ?

When you are in the Military you are not allowed to publicly criticize the commander in Chief especially on Active Duty.

This is true 100%. I was in the Navy during the Clinton years. Lots of bases were getting closed. We were (strongly) against commenting on the matter if we had the chance to. In this instance here, there is a tinge of hypocrisy. If this guy were speaking out is this fashion during a Republican presidency this thread would be about what a hero this man is, and how it would be a crime to not give him his befits. Its a cowardly post from a cowardly poster.

Instead of just claiming there's a law against active duty personal to speak their mind, PROVE IT. I don't believe it constitutional for the military to say that as soon as someone becomes active duty they lose their first amendment rights.

As it is now, it doesn't look like there is such a law. Maybe the military frowns on it, but that is NOT a LAW, so if there's a problem, it better get settled now.

DO ACTIVE DUTY PERSONAL LOSE THEIR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS OR NOT? That is the question.

Is Dante a shit lickin' little puss bag? Yes.

Last edited:

Ernie, I am quoting from Dante's second OP link:

He said he determined he was not in violation and relaunched the page. Last week, he said his superiors told him he could not use social media sites on government computers after he posted the message stating he would not follow the president's unlawful orders.
Stein said his statement was part of an online debate about NATO allowing U.S. troops to be tried for the Quran burnings in Afghanistan.
In that context, he said, he was stating that he would not follow orders from the president if those orders included detaining U.S. citizens, disarming them or doing anything else that he believes would violate their constitutional rights.

I'm pretty sure he is in trouble with a superior commanding officer (POTUS) and that his dishonorable discharge is imminent. Being right is not an option in the face of disobedience to the military code of ethics. It's a military matter, not a junkyard fight.

And in my years of being an army brat, I often heard the trite platitude, "There's a right way, and there's a wrong way, and there's the Army way. The Army way wins." :rolleyes:

Of course he's in trouble. I am not disputing that.
I am disputing his contention that speaking out constitutes some form of mental illness that he would be likely to claim benefits for.

I know this guy who has been in the military for almost a decade knows better. Is his mental state service related? Or has his politics corrupted his honor, loyalty, and patriotism?

If you don't like what's happening in the military - enlist, assbrain.

You forget, the military works for us, the American public. We pay them. Now stfu. Maybe go down to the nearest Post Office and salute a flag.

Dime store patriots need to be reminded that they serve, not own the country.

Fuck you, you elitist piece of shit. They work for the good of the nation, not for *you* personally. And *we* hire those who tell them what to do...I promise you, marines, soldiers, sailors, are not obligated to pay any heed whatever to *your* directives.

What a puke.

sad.

this is what happens when there is no treatment for mental illness in politics.

yeah, cuz anyone who speaks out against Obama is obviously mentally ill and should be locked up.

Maybe you'll get lucky and Obama will open up some handy dandy work camps for those who dare to complain about him on fb!!! That would be COOL!

When you are in the Military you are not allowed to publicly criticize the commander in Chief especially on Active Duty.

This is true 100%. I was in the Navy during the Clinton years. Lots of bases were getting closed. We were (strongly) against commenting on the matter if we had the chance to. In this instance here, there is a tinge of hypocrisy. If this guy were speaking out is this fashion during a Republican presidency this thread would be about what a hero this man is, and how it would be a crime to not give him his befits. Its a cowardly post from a cowardly poster.

Instead of just claiming there's a law against active duty personal to speak their mind, PROVE IT. I don't believe it constitutional for the military to say that as soon as someone becomes active duty they lose their first amendment rights.

As it is now, it doesn't look like there is.

I dont know that its illegal, but for us it was STRONGLY discouraged. You may not get charged with anything, but your career will be finished and you will be run out of the service. There does not have to be a law in place to keep a service man or woman quiet.

Last edited:

facts suck for you? too bad. :redface:

Not at all. Please present some.

Forum List

Back