Tea Party Lunacy Infects US Military

Should US Marine Sgt. Gary Stein get disability benefits when he gets discharged?

• Total voters
Even if he is an asshole, Barry is still the CIC of the Military.

As a civilian this marine can think and can say what he pleases.

As a member of the military he can't. At least not publicly.

Not a very smart move by this marine.

Marines are not know for their intellect, just balls.

I know this guy who has been in the military for almost a decade knows better. Is his mental state service related? Or has his politics corrupted his honor, loyalty, and patriotism?

What that guy said would have been fine coming from a non military citizen, but was highly in appropriate coming from an active soldier, especially during wartime.

The guy's just after attention ("look at me, I'm political") and there was absolutely no good reason he needed to post this on Facebook.

I hope he's dismissed. He can't be trusted anymore.

Another assbrain - he's a MARINE not a Soldier, idiot.
Why don't you enlist with that Dante faggot.
God knows we need the cannon fodder.

Jesus Christ, Warrior - cool down.

It was a gaffe in terminology, but totally irrelevant. The same argument above applies for Marines, so what point are you even trying to make?

Also, Warrior, just want to remark on how much of a big boy you sound like by using "faggot" (very impressive, indeed); I'm guessing you're about 10 or 11ish? Just roundin' out the 6th grade, maybe?

Last edited:
I know this guy who has been in the military for almost a decade knows better. Is his mental state service related? Or has his politics corrupted his honor, loyalty, and patriotism?

I'd take his honor, loyalty and patriotism over yours any day.

If you don't like what's happening in the military - enlist, assbrain.

You forget, the military works for us, the American public. We pay them. Now stfu. Maybe go down to the nearest Post Office and salute a flag.

Dime store patriots need to be reminded that they serve, not own the country.

Fuck you, you elitist piece of shit. They work for the good of the nation, not for *you* personally. And *we* hire those who tell them what to do...I promise you, marines, soldiers, sailors, are not obligated to pay any heed whatever to *your* directives.

What a puke.

Oh? So, the military works for the nation, not for me personally? Too bad you don't take the same logic to taxes.

We have a volunteer military. They are far better paid in money and benefits than when I volunteered. Fuck, not everyone who volunteers is a patriot:

O.C. homeless slaying suspect aspired to kill 16, court records say - latimes.com

Ocampo told police he joined the Marines in 2006 with the hope of learning to kill, but he was disappointed that during a six-month tour in Iraq he drove a water truck and never saw combat, according to the transcript of the February grand jury hearing.

"He felt in order to become a real Marine, he needed to kill," Wyatt testified.

served 6 months in Iraq -- never saw combat too.

His dismissal from the Corps is likely already in effect unless he is serving time in the brig for dishonorable duty.
sad.

this is what happens when there is no treatment for mental illness in politics.

yeah, cuz anyone who speaks out against Obama is obviously mentally ill and should be locked up.

:cuckoo:

Maybe you'll get lucky and Obama will open up some handy dandy work camps for those who dare to complain about him on fb!!! That would be COOL!

I gave my conservative cousins out here a pass for the camps. You'd better get one. We're running low. When we open the camps...:eusa_boohoo:

:cuckoo: Tea Party Lunacy Infects US Military :cuckoo:

Marine's Facebook page tests military rules - Boston.com

U.S. Marine faces boot for anti-Obama Facebook posts

SAN DIEGO (AP) – A Marine sergeant who started a Facebook group that is openly critical of President Obama and posted comments saying he will not follow the unlawful orders of the commander in chief is facing possible dismissal from the Corps.

The Marines on Wednesday told Sgt. Gary Stein — a Camp Pendleton Marine who started the Facebook page called Armed Forces Tea Party — that he is in violation of Pentagon policy barring troops from political activities.

Stein, a nine-year member of the Corps, said he started the page to encourage fellow servicemembers to exercise their free speech rights. He has also criticized U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta for his comments on Syria.

No one is supposed to follow unlawful orders from superior officers. It's one of the first things they teach you when you join the military. Maybe if you ever served you'd know that.

O.C. homeless slaying suspect aspired to kill 16, court records say - latimes.com

Ocampo told police he joined the Marines in 2006 with the hope of learning to kill, but he was disappointed that during a six-month tour in Iraq he drove a water truck and never saw combat, according to the transcript of the February grand jury hearing.

SAN DIEGO (AP) – A Marine sergeant who started a Facebook group that is openly critical of President Obama and posted comments saying he will not follow the unlawful orders of the commander in chief is facing possible dismissal from the Corps.

The Marines on Wednesday told Sgt. Gary Stein — a Camp Pendleton Marine who started the Facebook page called Armed Forces Tea Party — that he is in violation of Pentagon policy barring troops from political activities.

Stein, a nine-year member of the Corps, said he started the page to encourage fellow servicemembers to exercise their free speech rights. He has also criticized U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta for his comments on Syria.

No one is supposed to follow unlawful orders from superior officers. It's one of the first things they teach you when you join the military. Maybe if you ever served you'd know that.

What unlawful orders? :lol:

The CinC is not giving out orders. Commanding Officers are. Are you accusing the US Military Command Structure of complicity in following unlawful orders from the CinC?

You fucking America hater!!!!!

Get the fuck out of my country!!!! Traitor!!! :mad:

And that has bum fuck what to do with the OP?

Instead of just claiming there's a law against active duty personal to speak their mind, PROVE IT. I don't believe it constitutional for the military to say that as soon as someone becomes active duty they lose their first amendment rights.

As it is now, it doesn't look like there is such a law. Maybe the military frowns on it, but that is NOT a LAW, so if there's a problem, it better get settled now.

DO ACTIVE DUTY PERSONAL LOSE THEIR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS OR NOT? That is the question.

Is Dante a shit lickin' little puss bag? Yes.

:cuckoo: - 4 - Cocoa Puffs. :cuckoo:

Because most vets who talk shit, there are many of them, file for service related disability benefits. Mostly fudging stories and facts. Just visit the VA shelters or other programs. Everyone knows how to scam the system.

And you can maybe provide a link to support that> Or did you pull it out of your ass with the gerbil?
Ernie, I am quoting from Dante's second OP link:

He said he determined he was not in violation and relaunched the page. Last week, he said his superiors told him he could not use social media sites on government computers after he posted the message stating he would not follow the president's unlawful orders.
Stein said his statement was part of an online debate about NATO allowing U.S. troops to be tried for the Quran burnings in Afghanistan.
In that context, he said, he was stating that he would not follow orders from the president if those orders included detaining U.S. citizens, disarming them or doing anything else that he believes would violate their constitutional rights.

I'm pretty sure he is in trouble with a superior commanding officer (POTUS) and that his dishonorable discharge is imminent. Being right is not an option in the face of disobedience to the military code of ethics. It's a military matter, not a junkyard fight.

And in my years of being an army brat, I often heard the trite platitude, "There's a right way, and there's a wrong way, and there's the Army way. The Army way wins." :rolleyes:
:clap2:

When you are in the Military you are not allowed to publicly criticize the commander in Chief especially on Active Duty.

This is true 100%. I was in the Navy during the Clinton years. Lots of bases were getting closed. We were (strongly) against commenting on the matter if we had the chance to. In this instance here, there is a tinge of hypocrisy. If this guy were speaking out is this fashion during a Republican presidency this thread would be about what a hero this man is, and how it would be a crime to not give him his befits. Its a cowardly post from a cowardly poster.

Instead of just claiming there's a law against active duty personal to speak their mind, PROVE IT. I don't believe it constitutional for the military to say that as soon as someone becomes active duty they lose their first amendment rights.

As it is now, it doesn't look like there is such a law. Maybe the military frowns on it, but that is NOT a LAW, so if there's a problem, it better get settled now.

DO ACTIVE DUTY PERSONAL LOSE THEIR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS OR NOT? That is the question.

Is Dante a shit lickin' little puss bag? Yes.

Actually bro I think you kind of do, I can't find actual regulations that say that but I can find several high ranking officers saying that you cannot criticize the commander in chief while you are in the Military.

What unlawful orders? :lol:

The CinC is not giving out orders. Commanding Officers are. Are you accusing the US Military Command Structure of complicity in following unlawful orders from the CinC?

You fucking America hater!!!!!

Get the fuck out of my country!!!! Traitor!!! :mad:

Exactly, what orders did this marine not follow? All he did was say he wouldn't follow unlawful orders, which is what every military member is expected to do.

Pointing out this fact makes me an America hater? Damn you're a fucking wacko :cuckoo:

His dismissal from the Corps is likely already in effect unless he is serving time in the brig for dishonorable duty.
sad.

this is what happens when there is no treatment for mental illness in politics.
The man signed an oath of allegiance to the Constitution, not a political party nor even to his heart for that matter. It could be he was not made fully aware of his obligations.

The duties of military people was earlier demonstrated in the national debate in or around 1998-1999 when it was shown it took a higher ethical code to be an enlisted private in the army than to be a POTUS.

That said, you are correct. "there is no treatment for mental illness in politics." The impeached president refused psychological treatment for the illness his wife claimed he had, and instead opted for "spiritual counselling" with Jesse Jackson, who was fathering a child out of wedlock at the time.

The only effect these revelations had on the press was their pantysniffing of 100% of Republican congresscritters and senators from then on, with Democrats getting a free pass unless the accused went against a Democrat vote even once, the name James Traficant comes to my mind on that count.

/wah-wah trumpet

Last edited:
You forget, the military works for us, the American public. We pay them. Now stfu. Maybe go down to the nearest Post Office and salute a flag.

Dime store patriots need to be reminded that they serve, not own the country.

Fuck you, you elitist piece of shit. They work for the good of the nation, not for *you* personally. And *we* hire those who tell them what to do...I promise you, marines, soldiers, sailors, are not obligated to pay any heed whatever to *your* directives.

What a puke.

Oh? So, the military works for the nation, not for me personally? Too bad you don't take the same logic to taxes.

We have a volunteer military. They are far better paid in money and benefits than when I volunteered. Fuck, not everyone who volunteers is a patriot:

served 6 months in Iraq -- never saw combat too.

You don't have to see combat to have PTSD.

And you can maybe provide a link to support that> Or did you pull it out of your ass with the gerbil?
Ernie, I am quoting from Dante's second OP link:

He said he determined he was not in violation and relaunched the page. Last week, he said his superiors told him he could not use social media sites on government computers after he posted the message stating he would not follow the president's unlawful orders.
Stein said his statement was part of an online debate about NATO allowing U.S. troops to be tried for the Quran burnings in Afghanistan.
In that context, he said, he was stating that he would not follow orders from the president if those orders included detaining U.S. citizens, disarming them or doing anything else that he believes would violate their constitutional rights.

I'm pretty sure he is in trouble with a superior commanding officer (POTUS) and that his dishonorable discharge is imminent. Being right is not an option in the face of disobedience to the military code of ethics. It's a military matter, not a junkyard fight.

And in my years of being an army brat, I often heard the trite platitude, "There's a right way, and there's a wrong way, and there's the Army way. The Army way wins." :rolleyes:

Of course he's in trouble. I am not disputing that.
I am disputing his contention that speaking out constitutes some form of mental illness that he would be likely to claim benefits for.

The mental illness is NOT speaking out. The mental illness is Tea Party Lunacy. It has the 8 year Marine doing things that are clearly nutty. It is ideological mental illness.

or do you think believing some douchebaghs interpretation of the Constitution and Military Code of Ethics, as this poor man has done, is normal?

He has been ideologically brainwashed.

Forum List

Back