Tea Party Lunacy Infects US Military

Should US Marine Sgt. Gary Stein get disability benefits when he gets discharged?

• Total voters
You got that right! Look the welfare fraud discovered all the time. Say, have YOU ever been in the military? If not, you don't know what the HELL you are talking about.

go to any drunk hangout, or homeless shelter, even the OCCUPY sites, and you find VA counselors counseling people on how to upgrade discharges and how to file for a faux related service related benefit claim..

and whether I joined up or not is irrelevant and none of your business. post y our name, address, job place and more, and I'll post private info you ask for.

Go ahead and file a "faux" related service claim. You still have to PROVE it, moron, and without DAMN GOOD PROOF, you're just going to be shown the door.

Find a new angle idiot.

yeah, and welfare queens have to prove they deserve benefits too. oh yeah, and unemployed people need to prove they are unemployed.

We all know people who have and are scamming the VA system. Just visit the homeless shelters and food kitchens in America. Even at the OCCUPY sites there were VA counselors signing people up.

Of course some are deserving. Many were deadbeats who drifted into military service. Then leave and get an upgrade to their discharge. Then file and lie about service related issues. Well know fact. Just ask any of the street people who get favors for helping VA counselors find other clients.

This is an article I found on it, I am still looking for actual regulations.

SAN DIEGO — Marine Sgt. Gary Stein first started a Facebook page called Armed Forces Tea Party Patriots to encourage service members to exercise their free speech rights. Then he declared that he wouldn’t follow orders from the commander in chief, President Barack Obama.

While Stein softened his statement to say he wouldn’t follow “unlawful orders,” military observers say he may have gone too far.

The Marine Corps is now looking into whether he violated the military’s rules prohibiting political statements by those in uniform and broke its guidelines on what troops can and cannot say on social media. Stein said his views are constitutionally protected.

While troops have always expressed their views in private, Stein’s case highlights the potential for their opinions to go global as tech-savvy service members post personal details, videos and pictures that can hurt the military’s image at home and abroad.

“I think that it’s been pretty well established for a long time that freedom of speech is one area in which people do surrender some of their basic rights in entering the armed forces,” said former Navy officer David Glazier, a professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.

“Good order and discipline require the military maintain respect for the chain of command,” Glazier said. “That includes prohibiting speech critical of the senior officers in that chain of command — up to and including the commander in chief.”

According to Pentagon directives, military personnel in uniform can’t sponsor a political club; participate in any TV or radio program or group discussion that advocates for or against a political party, candidate or cause; or speak at any event promoting a political movement

Marine’s Facebook page tests military rules - Navy News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Navy Times

We pay them. Now stfu. Maybe

"We" pay them?

You do realize that military men and women pay taxes, correct, assbrain? You're not stupid enough to believe they are exempt from paying taxes while Chickenshits like you are comfy back home playing with yourself, while they're off serving their country?

Maybe you are.

chickenshit? :lol:

So they pay taxes. Whoop-dee-doo. On what salary? a salary paid for by American taxpayers...all taxpayers, even commies and leftists. :lol:

Imagine, you took money from the left.

What that guy said would have been fine coming from a non military citizen, but was highly in appropriate coming from an active soldier, especially during wartime.

The guy's just after attention ("look at me, I'm political") and there was absolutely no good reason he needed to post this on Facebook.

I hope he's dismissed. He can't be trusted anymore.

Most likely will be. Its not good to be on the news for military folk. That said, why is he bad for exercising his rights as an American ?

When you are in the Military you are not allowed to publicly criticize the commander in Chief especially on Active Duty.

This is true 100%. I was in the Navy during the Clinton years. Lots of bases were getting closed. We were (strongly) against commenting on the matter if we had the chance to. In this instance here, there is a tinge of hypocrisy. If this guy were speaking out is this fashion during a Republican presidency this thread would be about what a hero this man is, and how it would be a crime to not give him his befits. Its a cowardly post from a cowardly poster.

Why does disability payments immediately come to the leftie mind? Does the left think disability benefits should be withheld for anyone who criticizes the president?

Because most vets who talk shit, there are many of them, file for service related disability benefits. Mostly fudging stories and facts. Just visit the VA shelters or other programs. Everyone knows how to scam the system.

Maybe so, but food stamp and SSDI recipients are way better at scamming the system.

Vets have counselors scouring shelters, streets, and other places looking to sign up anyone who ever served a day. Upgrade and file. It's been going on forever.

I know someone who charged people in the 70s for upgrades. Common knowledge. Many Vietnam Era vets have scammed the system. Vietnam Era Vets

I know this guy who has been in the military for almost a decade knows better. Is his mental state service related? Or has his politics corrupted his honor, loyalty, and patriotism?

What that guy said would have been fine coming from a non military citizen, but was highly in appropriate coming from an active soldier, especially during wartime.

The guy's just after attention ("look at me, I'm political") and there was absolutely no good reason he needed to post this on Facebook.

I hope he's dismissed. He can't be trusted anymore.

Agreed. I oppose the war, but it's completely inconsistent for someone to VOLUNTARILY sign up for the military...then say they won't follow orders. They should be dishonorably discharged and get nothing. Then they should as you say as a private citizen oppose the war and I hope it works and they end it. But being in the military is not a place to carry a political banner and even threatening publicly to not follow orders should be taken totally seriously.

Note unlike the flamingly hypocritical left who are as willing as this soldier to harm the country that gave them so much for cheap political points, I said the same thing when soldiers made similar remarks when Bush was president...

Because most vets who talk shit, there are many of them, file for service related disability benefits. Mostly fudging stories and facts. Just visit the VA shelters or other programs. Everyone knows how to scam the system.

Maybe so, but food stamp and SSDI recipients are way better at scamming the system.

Vets have counselors scouring shelters, streets, and other places looking to sign up anyone who ever served a day. Upgrade and file. It's been going on forever.

I know someone who charged people in the 70s for upgrades. Common knowledge. Many Vietnam Era vets have scammed the system. Vietnam Era Vets

Alot of people from Vietnam never got the benefits they were entitled to, whats the fuckin problem?

You can get food stamps over the phone.

...Obama just ties their hands...

tell that to Al Qaeda . more drone strikes than under Bush/Cheney and what about Ossama?

:lol::lol::lol:

oduchebagh fail!!!

Ok...then YOU can tell it to the innocent americans that died for a book burning, and after Obama apologized for what our military did to their precious book! Once they killed even ONE of our soldiers over this, Obama should have let them respond to it too. He tied their hands..would not let them fight back. We need to get them all home before Obama kills more of our soldiers by being irresponsible.

Most likely will be. Its not good to be on the news for military folk. That said, why is he bad for exercising his rights as an American ?

When you are in the Military you are not allowed to publicly criticize the commander in Chief especially on Active Duty.

This is true 100%. I was in the Navy during the Clinton years. Lots of bases were getting closed. We were (strongly) against commenting on the matter if we had the chance to. In this instance here, there is a tinge of hypocrisy. If this guy were speaking out is this fashion during a Republican presidency this thread would be about what a hero this man is, and how it would be a crime to not give him his befits. Its a cowardly post from a cowardly poster.

exactly.
(Ft Gordon GA, USAMPS, in the 70s) there were classes on this.

Alot of people from Vietnam never got the benefits they were entitled to, whats the fuckin problem?

stop drinking while posting

pay attention

Vietnam Era Vets

...Obama just ties their hands...

tell that to Al Qaeda . more drone strikes than under Bush/Cheney and what about Ossama?

:lol::lol::lol:

oduchebagh fail!!!

Ok...then YOU can tell it to the innocent americans that died for a book burning, and after Obama apologized for what our military did to their precious book! Once they killed even ONE of our soldiers over this, Obama should have let them respond to it too. He tied their hands..would not let them fight back. We need to get them all home before Obama kills more of our soldiers by being irresponsible.

We are there to help. Even Bush asked haters like you to STFU

pay attention

Vietnam Era Vets

So? alot of Vietnam era Vets never got their benefits or disabilites for their service? whats the problem?

This is an article I found on it, I am still looking for actual regulations.

SAN DIEGO — Marine Sgt. Gary Stein first started a Facebook page called Armed Forces Tea Party Patriots to encourage service members to exercise their free speech rights. Then he declared that he wouldn’t follow orders from the commander in chief, President Barack Obama.

While Stein softened his statement to say he wouldn’t follow “unlawful orders,” military observers say he may have gone too far.

The Marine Corps is now looking into whether he violated the military’s rules prohibiting political statements by those in uniform and broke its guidelines on what troops can and cannot say on social media. Stein said his views are constitutionally protected.

While troops have always expressed their views in private, Stein’s case highlights the potential for their opinions to go global as tech-savvy service members post personal details, videos and pictures that can hurt the military’s image at home and abroad.

“I think that it’s been pretty well established for a long time that freedom of speech is one area in which people do surrender some of their basic rights in entering the armed forces,” said former Navy officer David Glazier, a professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.

“Good order and discipline require the military maintain respect for the chain of command,” Glazier said. “That includes prohibiting speech critical of the senior officers in that chain of command — up to and including the commander in chief.”

According to Pentagon directives, military personnel in uniform can’t sponsor a political club; participate in any TV or radio program or group discussion that advocates for or against a political party, candidate or cause; or speak at any event promoting a political movement

Marine’s Facebook page tests military rules - Navy News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Navy Times

the military’s rules prohibiting political statements by those in uniform

pay attention

Vietnam Era Vets

What about them ?

Where does the Tea Party come in and why is the left so terrified of it? The Tea Party consists of ordinary people who wave the Flag and sometimes carry a copy of the Constitution in their back pockets. I can see why that would terrify radical lefties. The Tea Party is just a pressure group that tries to get conservative candidates elected. It would work within the democrat party but democrats have drifted so far to the left that they are off the map and hopeless. The president whines about a fair and balanced difference of opinion and radical lefties refer to good and decent people who disagree with them as lunatics. What else is new?

pay attention

Vietnam Era Vets

Stop being an ass and read the reply dipshit.

pay attention

Vietnam Era Vets

Stop being an ass and read the reply dipshit.

We lost people in the war. I also know Vietnam Era Vets who scam the system. I know vets who were denied benefits for Agent Orange related issues, while bums were collecting for bullshit claims about service related issues.

so please, pay attention. stop defending all vet claims as if they are equal. They are not. This is why the Vietnam Era vets got changes to what they are called. Blur the distinctions between those who served during hostilities and those who served without ever being in danger of being near hostilities.

I know about this shit. And so do you I suspect

I know this guy who has been in the military for almost a decade knows better. Is his mental state service related? Or has his politics corrupted his honor, loyalty, and patriotism?

It seems to me, his honor, loyalty and patriotism are spot on. He is questioning the same in his commander in chief, which I believe is warranted.

Not according to the military. Get a grip. This guy knows better. He has a mental illness. Tea Party Lunacy is a terrible condition to suffer, but watch this conservative lose his principles and file for a service related illness after he is discharged.

Granted, political activism is a no no in the military, but only in your world is speaking out against "The One" considered lunacy.

Forum List

Back