Marine Sues To Block Discipline Over Obama Facebook Critique...

And why is the Government allowed to monitor his Facebook Account? Seems very intrusive and unjust. And i don't care about that 'Once you sign onto the Military, you have no rights' shite either. They shouldn't be monitoring the man's Facebook Account. Period, end of story.

Actually they can and do monitor the social accounts of Military members, when I was in the service a Filipina girl had photos of herself in her lingerie on her Myspace account, her commander saw the photos and she was ordered to remove them. My First Sergeant saw my Myspace page at the time and had OSI start an investigation on me because the song on my page was from a group called "La Coka Nostra" which means this cocaine of ours or something, they made me take a urinalysis but didn't tell me why, I didn't find out about the investigation until afterwards, you really don't have that many rights in the Military.

Yeah, that's pretty awful. Unfortunately, Big Brother grows bigger & bigger everyday. But hey, it's for your own good, right?

Got a problem with our Military, don't join it dipshit.

A U.S. Marine facing discipline and possible discharge for using his "Armed Forces Tea Party" Facebook page to criticize President Barack Obama has filed suit seeking to halt military proceedings against him.

Lawyers for Sergeant Gary Stein, 26, a meteorologist stationed at Camp Pendleton, were expected in federal court in San Diego on Wednesday to try to block the proceedings, arguing that the Marine Corps was violating his right to free speech. Stein ran into trouble for a critical comment he posted in an online debate over the punishment faced by NATO and U.S. military personnel over burning copies of the Koran in Afghanistan.

The Marine sergeant has said he is free to express personal political opinions when he is off-duty and out of uniform, and Defense Department rules allow soldiers to make political statements so long as they are not doing so as representatives of the armed services.

Military experts have said that by associating the name of his Facebook page with the armed forces, Stein essentially put himself in the position of speaking publicly while in uniform.

Stein posted a copy of his lawsuit, along with a letter sent to the Marine Corps on his behalf by U.S. Representative Duncan Hunter, a former Marine who supports Stein, on his Facebook page on Tuesday.

Read More:
Marine sues to block discipline over Obama Facebook critique - Yahoo! News Canada
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Obama's his boss.... this isn't acceptable. Simple as that.

A U.S. Marine facing discipline and possible discharge for using his "Armed Forces Tea Party" Facebook page to criticize President Barack Obama has filed suit seeking to halt military proceedings against him.

Lawyers for Sergeant Gary Stein, 26, a meteorologist stationed at Camp Pendleton, were expected in federal court in San Diego on Wednesday to try to block the proceedings, arguing that the Marine Corps was violating his right to free speech. Stein ran into trouble for a critical comment he posted in an online debate over the punishment faced by NATO and U.S. military personnel over burning copies of the Koran in Afghanistan.

The Marine sergeant has said he is free to express personal political opinions when he is off-duty and out of uniform, and Defense Department rules allow soldiers to make political statements so long as they are not doing so as representatives of the armed services.

Military experts have said that by associating the name of his Facebook page with the armed forces, Stein essentially put himself in the position of speaking publicly while in uniform.

Stein posted a copy of his lawsuit, along with a letter sent to the Marine Corps on his behalf by U.S. Representative Duncan Hunter, a former Marine who supports Stein, on his Facebook page on Tuesday.

Read More:
Marine sues to block discipline over Obama Facebook critique - Yahoo! News Canada
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Have to disagree. Fuck Obama and Big Brother.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

He openly criticized the Commander in Chief... you can't do that... there is protocol. Privately, that;s another thing and it's done with great regularity.

Baracknaphobic Libo-Pauli is at it again and if you disagree you're an Obamabot :)

The Marine Corps notified Sgt. Gary Stein Wednesday that it is moving to dismiss him for violating the Pentagon's policy barring troops from engaging in political activities.

The military has had a policy since the Civil War limiting the free speech of service members, including criticizing the commander in chief.

And why is the Government allowed to monitor his Facebook Account? Seems very intrusive and unjust. And i don't care about that 'Once you sign onto the Military, you have no rights' shite either. They shouldn't be monitoring the man's Facebook Account. Period, end of story.

The same thing would happen under Bush, Reagan (if they'd had Facebook then), etc. When in the military you do NOT denigrate your chain of command...including your Commander in Chief. Of course, if you'd ever served, you'd know that.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Of course, you have NO IDEA how the military works....hard to sign up when they can't even get you to come out from under that bed.

Of course, you have NO IDEA how the military works....hard to sign up when they can't even get you to come out from under that bed.

These men & women risk their bleepin lives for this Nation in Hell-Holes all across this World. So leave their damn Facebook pages alone. They deserve better.

These men & women risk their bleepin lives for this Nation in Hell-Holes all across this World. So leave their damn Facebook pages alone. They deserve better.

Christ, get a fucking grip :cuckoo:

They can post whatever they like to Facebook, but when those posts insult their superiors, they're subject to disciplinary action. They knew it when they signed up. You should get that tinfoil hat refitted; I think it's too tight.

They can post whatever they like to Facebook, but when those posts insult their superiors, they're subject to disciplinary action. They knew it when they signed up. You should get that tinfoil hat refitted; I think it's too tight.

Like i said, fuck Obama and Big Brother. Leave the kids alone. Get off their damn Facebook pages for God's sake. These kids are out risking it all, while fat-ass bureaucrats are sitting around trolling their Facebook pages? And you think that's right? Well sorry, i'll have to disagree. They've more than earned their right to privacy. Big Brother needs to get a fuckin life.

Like i said, fuck Obama and Big Brother. Leave the kids alone. Get off their damn Facebook pages for God's sake. These kids are out risking it all, while fat-ass bureacrats are sitting around trolling their Facebook pages? And you think that's right? Well sorry, i'll have to disagree. They've more than earned their right to privacy. Big Brother needs to get a fuckin life.

Yeah I get it. Never mind the rules. Never mind that this is the way it's always been.

"Blah blah blah fuck Obama and big brother. Obamabot blah blah blah"

You sound like a fucking broken record.

Like i said, fuck Obama and Big Brother. Leave the kids alone. Get off their damn Facebook pages for God's sake. These kids are out risking it all, while fat-ass bureacrats are sitting around trolling their Facebook pages? And you think that's right? Well sorry, i'll have to disagree. They've more than earned their right to privacy. Big Brother needs to get a fuckin life.

Yeah I get it. Never mind the rules. Never mind that this is the way it's always been.

Their rules are fuckin stupid. Quit trolling their Facebook pages. They've earned their privacy. They risked it all for it. Shame on Big Brother. And piss off if you don't like what i have to say. You joined this thread. I didn't ask you to. Now do us all favor and go call someone a Racist. That's your only function in life at this point. So beat it, ya big dummy.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Then he shouldn't have named his FB page "Armed Forces Tea Party" and posted political statements there. Like, duh.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Like i said, fuck Obama and Big Brother. Leave the kids alone. Get off their damn Facebook pages for God's sake. These kids are out risking it all, while fat-ass bureaucrats are sitting around trolling their Facebook pages? And you think that's right? Well sorry, i'll have to disagree. They've more than earned their right to privacy. Big Brother needs to get a fuckin life.

Thats how I felt when my chain of command was trolling my Myspace page but thats the rules for the Military.

Their rules are fuckin stupid. Quit trolling their Facebook pages. They've earned their privacy. They risked it all for it. Shame on Big Brother. And piss off if you don't like what i have to say. You joined this thread. I didn't ask you to. Now do us all favor and go call someone a Racist. That's your only function in life at this point. So beat it, ya big dummy.

My gawd, you are fucking stupid :lol::lol::lol:

Thats how I felt when my chain of command was trolling my Myspace page but thats the rules for the Military.

Fuckin degenerate bureaucrat assholes. Trolling the kids' Facebook/MySpace pages. What a joke. Out there risking their lives everyday and they have to deal with this petty shite? Unbelievable.

My gawd, you are fucking stupid :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, you said that already dipshit. Now run along and go call someone a Racist. The adults are trying to have a conversation.

Fuckin degenerate bureaucrat assholes. Trolling the kids' Facebook/MySpace pages. What a joke. Out there risking their lives everyday and they have to deal with this petty shite? Unbelievable.

Yup thats how it is in the Military, you really don't have any privacy, if you live on base its even worse, they can come into your home and search whatever they like, even your computer without a warrant.

Yup. Barry is the CIC and anyone in the Military, no matter what they think privately, has to follow the rules.

Guys an idiot in my book.

/agree. The guy has to know the rules. You keep your trap shut when it comes to politics especially when it concerns the Commander-in-Chief. He's an idiot.

Forum List

Back