Tea Party Lunacy Infects US Military

Should US Marine Sgt. Gary Stein get disability benefits when he gets discharged?

• Total voters
:cuckoo: Tea Party Lunacy Infects US Military :cuckoo:

Marine's Facebook page tests military rules - Boston.com

U.S. Marine faces boot for anti-Obama Facebook posts

SAN DIEGO (AP) – A Marine sergeant who started a Facebook group that is openly critical of President Obama and posted comments saying he will not follow the unlawful orders of the commander in chief is facing possible dismissal from the Corps.

The Marines on Wednesday told Sgt. Gary Stein — a Camp Pendleton Marine who started the Facebook page called Armed Forces Tea Party — that he is in violation of Pentagon policy barring troops from political activities.

Stein, a nine-year member of the Corps, said he started the page to encourage fellow servicemembers to exercise their free speech rights. He has also criticized U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta for his comments on Syria.

To answer your question Dante that will all depend on what kind of discharge he gets, if he gets anything less than a General discharge than I believe he will not get any entitlements.

I know this guy who has been in the military for almost a decade knows better. Is his mental state service related? Or has his politics corrupted his honor, loyalty, and patriotism?

If you don't like what's happening in the military - enlist, assbrain.

You forget, the military works for us, the American public. We pay them. Now stfu. Maybe go down to the nearest Post Office and salute a flag.

Dime store patriots need to be reminded that they serve, not own the country.

And YOU forget CONGRESS works for us, too. We pay THEM, too. YOU "stfu."

Why does disability payments immediately come to the leftie mind? Does the left think disability benefits should be withheld for anyone who criticizes the president?

Because most vets who talk shit, there are many of them, file for service related disability benefits. Mostly fudging stories and facts. Just visit the VA shelters or other programs. Everyone knows how to scam the system.

Even if he is an asshole, Barry is still the CIC of the Military.

As a civilian this marine can think and can say what he pleases.

As a member of the military he can't. At least not publicly.

Not a very smart move by this marine.

The military is beginning to get a clue that their CIC wants them to die as quickly as possible. I agree that any military member should keep it to themselves, or only discussed among themselves.

All obama needs is a widespread military revolt. Keep it quiet though.

Why does disability payments immediately come to the leftie mind? Does the left think disability benefits should be withheld for anyone who criticizes the president?

Because most vets who talk shit, there are many of them, file for service related disability benefits. Mostly fudging stories and facts. Just visit the VA shelters or other programs. Everyone knows how to scam the system.

You got that right! Look the welfare fraud discovered all the time. Say, have YOU ever been in the military? If not, you don't know what the HELL you are talking about.

If you don't like what's happening in the military - enlist, assbrain.

You forget, the military works for us, the American public. We pay them. Now stfu. Maybe go down to the nearest Post Office and salute a flag.

:cuckoo:

CONGRESS represents us. We vote them in. We pay them to represent us.

I spent eight years in the military myself Claudette, and I don't recall anyone, ever telling me that I'd lost my First Amendment Rights just because I was active duty.

I know this guy who has been in the military for almost a decade knows better. Is his mental state service related? Or has his politics corrupted his honor, loyalty, and patriotism?

What that guy said would have been fine coming from a non military citizen, but was highly in appropriate coming from an active soldier, especially during wartime.

The guy's just after attention ("look at me, I'm political") and there was absolutely no good reason he needed to post this on Facebook.

I hope he's dismissed. He can't be trusted anymore.

Most likely will be. Its not good to be on the news for military folk. That said, why is he bad for exercising his rights as an American ?

When you are in the Military you are not allowed to publicly criticize the commander in Chief especially on Active Duty.

Exactly, but they seem to forget that.

You got that right! Look the welfare fraud discovered all the time. Say, have YOU ever been in the military? If not, you don't know what the HELL you are talking about.

go to any drunk hangout, or homeless shelter, even the OCCUPY sites, and you find VA counselors counseling people on how to upgrade discharges and how to file for a faux related service related benefit claim..

and whether I joined up or not is irrelevant and none of your business. post y our name, address, job place and more, and I'll post private info you ask for.

What that guy said would have been fine coming from a non military citizen, but was highly in appropriate coming from an active soldier, especially during wartime.

The guy's just after attention ("look at me, I'm political") and there was absolutely no good reason he needed to post this on Facebook.

I hope he's dismissed. He can't be trusted anymore.

Most likely will be. Its not good to be on the news for military folk. That said, why is he bad for exercising his rights as an American ?

When you are in the Military you are not allowed to publicly criticize the commander in Chief especially on Active Duty.

I never heard that while I was active duty. I think before that claim is floated, someone better prove it.

Exactly, but they seem to forget that.

no they do not. people do not join the parties so they never get to select candidates that will run and get backing from the parties.

the public has only themselves to blame, and we get the government we ask for and deserve..

I think the current congress represents the split in American wingnut politics.

go to any drunk hangout, or homeless shelter, even the OCCUPY sites, and you find VA counselors counseling people on how to upgrade discharges and how to file for a faux related service related benefit claim..

and whether I joined up or not is irrelevant and none of your business. post y our name, address, job place and more, and I'll post private info you ask for.

Go ahead and file a "faux" related service claim. You still have to PROVE it, moron, and without DAMN GOOD PROOF, you're just going to be shown the door.

Find a new angle idiot.

I spent eight years in the military myself Claudette, and I don't recall anyone, ever telling me that I'd lost my First Amendment Rights just because I was active duty.
8 years? is that all? OMFG :lol: you spent only 8 years of your life in the military and you define your life by what you did for 8 years? :cuckoo:

every fool who signs up or got drafted knows this:

According to Pentagon directives, military personnel in uniform cannot sponsor a political club; participate in any TV or radio program or group discussion that advocates for or against a political party, candidate or cause; or speak at any event promoting a political movement. Commissioned officers also may not use contemptuous words against senior officials, including the defense secretary or the president.

Marine says Corps kicking him out for criticism - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

:cuckoo: Tea Party Lunacy Infects US Military :cuckoo:

Marine's Facebook page tests military rules - Boston.com

U.S. Marine faces boot for anti-Obama Facebook posts

SAN DIEGO (AP) – A Marine sergeant who started a Facebook group that is openly critical of President Obama and posted comments saying he will not follow the unlawful orders of the commander in chief is facing possible dismissal from the Corps.

The Marines on Wednesday told Sgt. Gary Stein — a Camp Pendleton Marine who started the Facebook page called Armed Forces Tea Party — that he is in violation of Pentagon policy barring troops from political activities.

Stein, a nine-year member of the Corps, said he started the page to encourage fellow servicemembers to exercise their free speech rights. He has also criticized U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta for his comments on Syria.

To answer your question Dante that will all depend on what kind of discharge he gets, if he gets anything less than a General discharge than I believe he will not get any entitlements.

a discharge can be upgraded. most all the bums who scam the VA system had their discharges upgraded just so they could file claims. nothing to do with patriotism or honor.

follow the money

Maybe so, but food stamp and SSDI recipients are way better at scamming the system.

I never heard that while I was active duty. I think before that claim is floated, someone better prove it.

They did tell me that when I was on active duty, I am not sure of the regulations I will try and find them.

Forum List

Back