Tariffs DO raise prices: That is the point!

If you want Americans to reduce their purchases of Chinese products, tariffs are the best way to do it. There will be a slight increase in the retail prices of these products (tariffs are applied at the wholesale level), but consumers can mitigate this effect by switching to other products.

So why all the hoopla about "punishing" American consumers? Does anybody believe that we will be better off by preserving the status quo?

Free trade is rational, protective tariffs are irrational. Ask anyone but a trumpanzee and they agree free trade creates partners, protective tariffs create enemies.

under a system of free trade, all the jobs and all the product production ends up in the countries with the lowest wages and the lowest standards of living. Tariffs protect american workers. Yes, sometimes it means paying more for an american built product than a chinese copy. But you are free to shit on american union workers and continue to buy chinese crap if it makes you feel good.

I feel quite sure that my IQ exceeds yours by a significant margin, so the fucking moron in this discussion is clearly you.

The fact you just made this post proves your IQ is about that of a head of cabbage. Nobody with an actual high IQ has ever felt the need to tell anyone!

If you are over 2016 why do you repeat the dem talking point lies about Trump every day on this silly message board?

Such a thing has never happened. Feel free to try and give on example

I stand by my post, and all of your previous posts. You are a joke on this message board, and you are too dumb to even know it.

I feel quite sure that my IQ exceeds yours by a significant margin, so the fucking moron in this discussion is clearly you.

The fact you just made this post proves your IQ is about that of a head of cabbage. Nobody with an actual high IQ has ever felt the need to tell anyone!

If you are over 2016 why do you repeat the dem talking point lies about Trump every day on this silly message board?

I stand by my post, and all of your previous posts. You are a joke on this message board, and you are too dumb to even know it.

Ahh...the poor little Trump worshiper thinks I am a joke...how will I ever be able to sleep tonight.

Though I do thank you for openly admitting you lack the integrity to back up a damn thing you post.

So, how many people in this thread use a cellphone made in America?

or a TV made in America?

How about the computer you are on, where is it made?
Exactly.

Which is why no jobs are "coming back."

auto and steel jobs are already back, do you live under a rock?

provide the numbers of jobs that have come back...do not just parrot talking points...back them up

In Trump's First 30 Months, Manufacturing Up By 314,000 Jobs Over Obama; Which States Are Hot?

Ahh...the poor little Trump worshiper thinks I am a joke...how will I ever be able to sleep tonight.

Though I do thank you for openly admitting you lack the integrity to back up a damn thing you post.

check my last post, read the cite, learn something instead of continuing to make a fool of yourself, and yes, you have become one of the USMB clowns.

So, how many people in this thread use a cellphone made in America?

or a TV made in America?

How about the computer you are on, where is it made?
Exactly.

Which is why no jobs are "coming back."

auto and steel jobs are already back, do you live under a rock?

provide the numbers of jobs that have come back...do not just parrot talking points...back them up

In Trump's First 30 Months, Manufacturing Up By 314,000 Jobs Over Obama; Which States Are Hot?

That is very nice, still waiting on the number of steel and auto jobs that have come back.

check my last post, read the cite, learn something instead of continuing to make a fool of yourself, and yes, you have become one of the USMB clowns.

your last post was a fine example of moving the goal post. You are very adept at it.

your last post was a fine example of moving the goal post. You are very adept at it.

The Auto Industry Is A Huge Job Creator

Automotive Industry: Employment, Earnings, and Hours

no jump in numbers, just the opposite in fact

upload_2019-8-15_8-14-58.png

If you want Americans to reduce their purchases of Chinese products, tariffs are the best way to do it. There will be a slight increase in the retail prices of these products (tariffs are applied at the wholesale level), but consumers can mitigate this effect by switching to other products.

So why all the hoopla about "punishing" American consumers? Does anybody believe that we will be better off by preserving the status quo?

Free trade is rational, protective tariffs are irrational. Ask anyone but a trumpanzee and they agree free trade creates partners, protective tariffs create enemies.
No. Fairtrade is rational. Tariffs are no more than a tax by the government on business.

It is amusing to watch you people squirm with your, "They are passing these tariffs on to the consumer" when we have been telling you for decades that tax on business is a regressive tax on the consumer.

These tariffs are in vain if Trump fails to alter the behavior of China, or these tariffs will have to become a more permanent (like those tariffs held against the US) fixture of American trade.

View attachment 274482

geeez dude, look at the entire chart, you circled one month. talk about lying about data.

View attachment 274482

geeez dude, look at the entire chart, you circled one month. talk about lying about data.

I circled the manufacturing part, can you not even read a chart?

View attachment 274482

you circled one month's data. geez stop the lying.

View attachment 274482

Welcome to the “GG Cherry Picking Data Club”.

View attachment 274482

I never thought I would have to teach someone how ot read a chart on this forum. Maybe if you go back and get your GED your math class will teach you this.

The top half of the chart, the part is circled is the part with the manufacturing numbers. The bottom half of the chart is the part with sales and such.

The entire chart covers the same time frame.

Forum List

Back