T D Jakes Net Worth $140 Million

yiostheoy, if YOU had the final cure to cancer, would you give it to humanity?
People die from lots of things besides cancer.

There is stroke, heart attack, flu pneumonia, car accidents, famine, war, lightning, scuba accidents, etc.
Come on, you're dodging the question! I did NOT ask "would you cure all ills that ever plague the world", I only asked if you'd give humanity the cure for cancer if you had it, like Scientific Humanists would. If you answer "yes", then you have moved beyond "god" in your compassion, in your love for humanity. I think Hitler would even answer "yes".
Ok I see the rhetorical loaded question trap now.

Since I do not ever load up questions I am not good at spotting these.

So fundamentally you are asking / have asked why does God allow humankind to experience gut wrenching challenges rather than an easy life for themselves?

Heck if I know.

SH through you is speaking as it has authority.

It does not.

Can God create a weight He cannot lift? Answer the question. He won't answer and will run away.
SH is best because it is more reasoned, more evidence-based, more scientific, more intellectually correct, more ethical, more common sense, etc. Don't believe SH because *I* say it, but because it passes those criteria better than the Bible does.
For example, we believe that NT approval of "witches" (don't allow them to live) is not what's best for the world - a key SH requirement. Can we agree that if Jesus would have said "witches are not real" that would have been better for the world - for example Christians in Africa would not be outcasting their children for "witchcraft" to this very day. Can we.

SH through Joy is speaking as if it has authority. SH is merely a belief faith system, nothing more. It can be analogized to Confucianism, a faith belief system of behavior and right acts without belief in god or gods. Or the Tao.

SH is not authoritative. It is merely a way.

Can God create a weight He cannot lift? Answer the question, Joy, who won't answer because he can't answer the heart of the conversation.

It does not.

Can God create a weight He cannot lift? Answer the question. He won't answer and will run away.

Yes, yiosthey, Joy cannot answer philosophical dilemmas that pertain to the heart of the conversation.
I love these paradoxes and dilemmas.

There is no weight that God cannot lift.

Therefore there is no weight that God can create that He cannot lift

Therefore God cannot create an unliftable weight.

Therefore an unliftable weight cannot be created by God or by anybody else in God's realm.

Q.E.D.

We believe that if Jesus was as smart as a Scientific Humanist that he'd have usually said "write this down....." before any big speech. Would you have done that if you were in his position, yiostheoy?
Well when there are 2 billion "scientific humanists" then I guess more people will take notice. A dilemma of course.
Yes, a big problem for a newish belief system, to be sure. The internet will allow SH to grow faster than even Jesus grew his own beliefs, I believe. We can do better than even Jesus in many many ways. We would be remiss if we didn't bring forward "love your neighbor", etc., however. We believe "love everybody, equally" - which is an improvement on Jesus - because this way "hell" can't be approved of, because "equally" would not obviously be a part of Jesus sending all, say, Muslims to get burned alive in a lake of fire.

It does not.

Yes, yiosthey, Joy cannot answer philosophical dilemmas that pertain to the heart of the conversation.

Therefore an unliftable weight cannot be created by God or by anybody else in God's realm.

Q.E.D.
Thank you for admitting that you cannot answer the question. SH will grow much more slowly than even impersonal deism, because SH cannot answer the spiritual question of Mankind.

It does not.

SH is best because it is more reasoned, more evidence-based, more scientific, more intellectually correct, more ethical, more common sense, etc. Don't believe SH because *I* say it, but because it passes those criteria better than the Bible does.
For example, we believe that NT approval of "witches" (don't allow them to live) is not what's best for the world - a key SH requirement. Can we agree that if Jesus would have said "witches are not real" that would have been better for the world - for example Christians in Africa would not be outcasting their children for "witchcraft" to this very day. Can we.
I don't know of witches being mentioned anywhere in the New Testament.

Therefore Jesus did not have an opinion of them.

I know Moses did not like witches.

In Hebrew however the word is not "witches" it is "one enchanting"

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/deu18.pdf

SH through Joy is speaking as if it has authority.

It does not.

Hehe, there are many things god can't do. He can't differentiate himself, evidence-wise, from Bigfoot. Here is video "evidence" (ok, not great evidence, but better evidence than the never-video-evidence for the Bible)....no, I don't believe in Bigfoot, but he does have more evidence for him than for the particular unique invisible god of the Bible or Quran. We expect MORE from an all-powerful, all-knowing, creator of the entire universe than to not be able to rise above Bigfoot

It does not.

......f
Yes, the NT certainly does: What Does the Bible Say About Witchcraft?

If Moses did not like witches, that implies that he believed in them. Witches are not real, magic is not real, so Moses and Jesus would have been delusional, and therefore not worth following.
ba6001c7a61387759120c09bf5402ffe.jpg

latest

It does not.

Q.E.D.
Thank you for admitting that you cannot answer the question. SH will grow much more slowly than even impersonal deism, because SH cannot answer the spiritual question of Mankind.
This "spiritual question of Mankind" is specifically what?

But if someone takes hundreds of million of dollars from people for claiming that a talking snake is real, that does concern you, no?
Why should it concern me? ..... :dunno:
I give up!

Why?
Because he's a con artist because talking snakes are not real - no more real than Zeus, or Thor, or Nanook, or Krishna - none of which you and I believe are actually real.
Zeus is a Greek name from which the Greek word for God comes from -- Theos.

So in that sense Zeus is still with us, except instead of a pantheon of gods and goddesses there are only 2 other Gods -- Jesus and the Holy Spirit -- and numberless concourses of holy angels.

Zeus is Theos the Father of Jesus.

yiostheoy, if YOU had the final cure to cancer, would you give it to humanity?
People die from lots of things besides cancer.

There is stroke, heart attack, flu pneumonia, car accidents, famine, war, lightning, scuba accidents, etc.
Come on, you're dodging the question! I did NOT ask "would you cure all ills that ever plague the world", I only asked if you'd give humanity the cure for cancer if you had it, like Scientific Humanists would. If you answer "yes", then you have moved beyond "god" in your compassion, in your love for humanity. I think Hitler would even answer "yes".
Ok I see the rhetorical loaded question trap now.

Since I do not ever load up questions I am not good at spotting these.

So fundamentally you are asking / have asked why does God allow humankind to experience gut wrenching challenges rather than an easy life for themselves?

Heck if I know.
I'm going to award you the daily Artful Dodger award! :)
No, I only asked "if you'd give humanity the cure for cancer if you had it".
Since most SHists would likely simply answer "yes!", then SH might be a more ethical/caring belief system for you - one where you don't have to try your hardest to dodge a simple ethical question. We'd give humanity the cure if we had it - an all-knowing god would have said cure, and doesn't give it to us, so we are therefore more ethical than said god, if he even exists.

But if someone takes hundreds of million of dollars from people for claiming that a talking snake is real, that does concern you, no?
Why should it concern me? ..... :dunno:
I give up!

Why?
Because he's a con artist because talking snakes are not real - no more real than Zeus, or Thor, or Nanook, or Krishna - none of which you and I believe are actually real.
Zeus is a Greek name from which the Greek word for God comes from -- Theos.

So in that sense Zeus is still with us, except instead of a pantheon of gods and goddesses there are only 2 other Gods -- Jesus and the Holy Spirit -- and numberless concourses of holy angels.

Zeus is Theos the Father of Jesus.
Yahwey and Zeus have noticeably different stories, so please tell us which one of the two mutually exclusive stories is wrong. Thanks.

It does not.

......f

If Moses did not like witches, that implies that he believed in them. Witches are not real, magic is not real, so Moses and Jesus would have been delusional, and therefore not worth following.

latest
Galacians 5:20 are words of St. Paul.

He is controversial at best.

He contradicts Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, AND St. James.

Anyway in Greek "witches" really means "enchantment".

I have found that most Biblical issues can be resolved by researching original Greek and Hebrew wording.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/gal5.pdf

It does not.

Q.E.D.
I did not admit anything.

You are lying again, Sophist.
I don't think Jake is lying, as such, like you claim.

It does not.

......f

latest
Galacians 5:20 are words of St. Paul.

He is controversial at best.
In other words the Bible is unreliable - so SHists don't bring forward its unscientific claims, nor it's unethical moral commandments, nor the divinity of its heroes....but we DO like to bring forward the Golden Rule - a very good rule, to be sure. I probably don't treat you as well as I myself would like to be treated always, but I'll continue to try.

My mistake, yiosthey, not yours: I thought I was talking to SHguy. And I never lie, except when I do.

Joy does not want to believe the Bible, which is Joy's right to do so, though he cannot prove the non-existence of deity.

Forum List

Back