T D Jakes Net Worth $140 Million

But if someone takes hundreds of million of dollars from people for claiming that a talking snake is real, that does concern you, no?
Why should it concern me? ..... :dunno:
I give up!

Why?
Because he's a con artist because talking snakes are not real - no more real than Zeus, or Thor, or Nanook, or Krishna - none of which you and I believe are actually real.
Zeus is a Greek name from which the Greek word for God comes from -- Theos.

So in that sense Zeus is still with us, except instead of a pantheon of gods and goddesses there are only 2 other Gods -- Jesus and the Holy Spirit -- and numberless concourses of holy angels.

Zeus is Theos the Father of Jesus.
Yahwey and Zeus have noticeably different stories, so please tell us which one of the two mutually exclusive stories is wrong. Thanks.
YHVH is the God of the Jews in Canaan from 1450 BCE to 130 AD and for the modern Jews.

Theos is the God of Christians from 33 AD to present.

We are not told much about Theos. So it is not possible to answer your question logically nor philosophically.

There are various church dogmas about these two named Beings, but it is hard to say.

The Old Testament contains yet another deity in Genesis Chapter 1 named Elohim as well.

And the relationship between Elohim and JHVH is also a controversy.

SH through you is speaking as it has authority.

It does not.

Can God create a weight He cannot lift? Answer the question. He won't answer and will run away.
SH is best because it is more reasoned, more evidence-based, more scientific, more intellectually correct, more ethical, more common sense, etc. Don't believe SH because *I* say it, but because it passes those criteria better than the Bible does.
For example, we believe that NT approval of "witches" (don't allow them to live) is not what's best for the world - a key SH requirement. Can we agree that if Jesus would have said "witches are not real" that would have been better for the world - for example Christians in Africa would not be outcasting their children for "witchcraft" to this very day. Can we.
I don't know of witches being mentioned anywhere in the New Testament.

Therefore Jesus did not have an opinion of them.

I know Moses did not like witches.

......f
Yes, the NT certainly does: What Does the Bible Say About Witchcraft?

If Moses did not like witches, that implies that he believed in them. Witches are not real, magic is not real, so Moses and Jesus would have been delusional, and therefore not worth following.
ba6001c7a61387759120c09bf5402ffe.jpg

latest
Galacians 5:20 are words of St. Paul.

He is controversial at best.

He contradicts Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, AND St. James.

Are your children, when they get old enough, capable of creating a book w/out 500+ contradictions in it? We believe they ARE capable of that, so we believe that texts better than the Bible can be created by us and future generations.
SAB Contradictions

SH through you is speaking as it has authority.

It does not.

Can God create a weight He cannot lift? Answer the question. He won't answer and will run away.
SH is best because it is more reasoned, more evidence-based, more scientific, more intellectually correct, more ethical, more common sense, etc. Don't believe SH because *I* say it, but because it passes those criteria better than the Bible does.
For example, we believe that NT approval of "witches" (don't allow them to live) is not what's best for the world - a key SH requirement. Can we agree that if Jesus would have said "witches are not real" that would have been better for the world - for example Christians in Africa would not be outcasting their children for "witchcraft" to this very day. Can we.

......f

If Moses did not like witches, that implies that he believed in them. Witches are not real, magic is not real, so Moses and Jesus would have been delusional, and therefore not worth following.

latest

Are your children, when they get old enough, capable of creating a book w/out 500+ contradictions in it? We believe they ARE capable of that, so we believe that texts better than the Bible can be created by us and future generations.
SAB Contradictions
I have nieces and nephews but no children that I know of.

Nobody showed up for college money at least.

My mistake, yiosthey, not yours: I thought I was talking to SHguy. And I never lie, except when I do.

Joy does not want to believe the Bible, which is Joy's right to do so, though he cannot prove the non-existence of deity.
Ok I forgive you JakeStarkey in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and of the Pope.

Go thy way sin no more.

:D

......f

latest

SAB Contradictions

I'll pose that same question to YOU yourself, then.

My mistake, yiosthey, not yours: I thought I was talking to SHguy. And I never lie, except when I do.

Joy does not want to believe the Bible, which is Joy's right to do so, though he cannot prove the non-existence of deity.
Ok I forgive you JakeStarkey in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and of the Pope.

Go thy way sin no more.

We don't need to prove a negative - you can't prove that Bigfoot doesn't exist....see how that works?

Go thy way sin no more.

SH is more forgiving than even Christians are (no offense to Christians, they are a pretty forgiving bunch.) Here's one way you can be better/smarter/more loving than even their god is:
1. Scientific Humanism has a great principle: “let’s have the most compassionate belief system.” So instead of killing virtually all humans in the Biblical god’s alleged world-wide flood, which also killed almost all innocent animals, too, would you be smart enough to forgive them, instead?
Center for Scientific Humanism: Can you be smarter than even “God”?

Sophistry is a neutral art. What do you want to know about Mormonism.
Do you condemn J Smith Jr for calling blacks the "N-word" in an article he wrote?
Scientific Humanism strives to be the least racist overall belief system ever created, so we are moving to an even higher level than Mormons are (and I know of many Mormons that I admire.)

......f

latest

SAB Contradictions

Surprise, I'm your long-lost child....let me PM you where to send the check. :)

Go thy way sin no more.

We don't need to prove a negative - you can't prove that Bigfoot doesn't exist....see how that works?
Of course a negative can be proved. I can look and see that a glass is not filled with any water: there is no water in the glass.

See the problem with your logic: you are trying to use science to qualify and quantify faith belief.

Sophistry is a neutral art. What do you want to know about Mormonism.
Do you condemn J Smith Jr for calling blacks the "N-word" in an article he wrote?
Scientific Humanism strives to be the least racist overall belief system ever created, so we are moving to an even higher level than Mormons are (and I know of many Mormons that I admire.)
Link the article. I do know that Brigham Young, Willard Richards, and John Taylor used the word. I know atheists who use the word.

Go thy way sin no more.

If back in 1919 light rays from distant stars were not deflected by the gravity of the sun, general relativity would have been proven to not exist.

Everyone has a 'Lucifer' host in them. Its part of the spiritual DNA.
I prefer to think of this rather as the "monster-id" and the "super-ego" in terms of mild schizophrenia in everybody from a psychological perspective.

Psychology is the application of philosophical principles to mental analysis.

Just as science is the application of philosophical principles to the physical world.

For me my monster-id is silent and sleeping until/unless my own life or someone else's is in danger then He takes over.

The rest of the time my super-ego tries to be nice to everybody and emulate Jesus.
The one's that theirs get dangerous are those ones who attempt to rule over others hearts and minds, trying to overtop what the Lord instilled in them.
Like the moosleems and the Mormons then ?!

We wouldn't fit that category. We don't force anyone yo do anything. We invite them to come to Christ. We invite them to follow Him. We invite them to ask God if what we teach them is true. We teach correct principles and the people govern themselves.

But if someone takes hundreds of million of dollars from people for claiming that a talking snake is real, that does concern you, no?
A talking snake ...

Does Jakes have his own talking snake ?!

Or is this with reference to Eve's hallucinations in the Bible ??
Reference to the talking snake in the Bible that Jesus approved of (so we can't bring forward the divine Jesus, but we can bring forward the good philosophical stuff from the Bible, Quran, Buddhist texts, etc.) Your children deserve the best of the best - not talking snakes. etc., even though that might be well-intended.
Please cite where you think Jesus referred to a talking snake ???

You owe your readers links when you make outlandish statements like that.

And if you cannot cite/link it then remind me in what biblical context you think you read it at so I can look for it for you.

My familiarity with the Old and New Testament is pretty good in several languages.

Then someone didn't explain correctly because their are no elite

Like the moosleems and the Mormons then ?!
The Islamist are definitely at the top of that list but any thugs who try to rule by force or compulsive acts of violence that are a danger to liberty and freedom of choice can be in that category.
I know Mormon families who have quit the Mormon church because they don't want their kids to become brainwashed.

These couples included returned missionaries -- the elite of the Mormon faith.

They told me all about it.

The church uses extreme social pressure to do their thugging.

Perhaps we should ask JakeStarkey from Salt Lake and Avatar4321 the Bk Of Morm evangelist to opine on this matter, huh ?!
A lot of people will stick up for their religion and many seem to try to use it as a battering hammer, which of course is wrong to do. Personally I have known a lot of Mormons along the way. Some were decent humans, some were not. Don't ever get stuck between a two hypocrites from two major religious factions as it is a bitch.
The craziest Mormons that I have known personally are crazier than the craziest Catholics that I have known.

But brainwashing is pretty strong in both camps.

My grandmother was the craziest Catholic.

She dis-owned my mother for marrying a Protestant. Cold and cruel.

But Mormons (and some Jews) will often do that as well if you violate the religion's rules about marriage. And moosleems or Hindus will murder their children if they marry outside of their religion, at times.
If only Jesus were actually real (and all-powerful, and all-loving as advertised), then of course he'd be caring and powerful enough to have told us in the last 2000 years, with a court-room level of evidence of course, which religion (Catholicism, Protestantism, etc.) is the one true religion - since obviously one or both of them are wrong since they often say contradictory things.

We'd do that because we believe "love people, equally".

You could always ask Him.

Forum List

Back