• Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to go with Atlanta

They have the tools to put up points early
With Gronk gone, I don't see Brady able to put up the numbers to keep up with the Falcons

They did fine in the playoffs without Gronk.

Come on...admit you miss him
They are not the same team without Gronk

We miss him. The Patriots don't seem to have a problem winning games without him. That is one of the good things about Brady, he knows how to spread the ball around instead of relying on one "star" player.
"We" huh?

Is there a mouse in your panties ??

This will be the seventh Super Bowl where the best offense (Atlanta) has met the best defense (New England). The best defense is 5-1.

Again, I am not sure NE has the best defense. Very good, for sure.

But Vic Beasley is the NFL leader in sacks this year. The Patriot's D line is good, but not great. All their leading tacklers are in the secondary. Bend don't break? That can get you killed.

According to the stats and analysts (who do this for a living, BTW), yes, NE is #1 in defense. :rolleyes-41:

New England is considered #1 in points scored against, Not really that great in other defensive categories. They have a good defense, however, not as good as Denver's last year or the Seahawks of a few years back.

#3 overall in defense. Go google it yourself. It's easy enough to find.

Like I said, they aren't the #1 overall defense as you claimed. Thanks for conceding. They are also not the lock down type defense that the Broncos were last year. They are a good defense, not great.

This will be the seventh Super Bowl where the best offense (Atlanta) has met the best defense (New England). The best defense is 5-1.

But Vic Beasley is the NFL leader in sacks this year. The Patriot's D line is good, but not great. All their leading tacklers are in the secondary. Bend don't break? That can get you killed.

According to the stats and analysts (who do this for a living, BTW), yes, NE is #1 in defense. :rolleyes-41:

New England is considered #1 in points scored against, Not really that great in other defensive categories. They have a good defense, however, not as good as Denver's last year or the Seahawks of a few years back.

Like I said, they aren't the #1 overall defense as you claimed. Thanks for conceding. They are also not the lock down type defense that the Broncos were last year. They are a good defense, not great.

They are now, since none of the other teams are playing!

I have to go with Atlanta

They have the tools to put up points early
With Gronk gone, I don't see Brady able to put up the numbers to keep up with the Falcons

They did fine in the playoffs without Gronk.

Come on...admit you miss him
They are not the same team without Gronk

We miss him. The Patriots don't seem to have a problem winning games without him. That is one of the good things about Brady, he knows how to spread the ball around instead of relying on one "star" player.
"We" huh?

Is there a mouse in your panties ??

Talking about us New Englanders and fans of the Pats.

#3 according to what? They were first in scoring defense, eighth in yards per game. I don't know by what metric they are third.

Also, the Pats are #3 in offense. The Falcons are like #7 in defense.

The Pats were fourth in yards per game, the Falcons were second. Falcons were first in points per game, Pats were third.

The Falcons defense wasn't even close to seventh. They were twenty-fifth in yards per game, twenty-seventh in points per game.

Of course, in the playoffs it's a little different. On defense, the Pats are fourth in ypg, Falcons are sixth. Pats are first in ppg, Falcons are third.

On the offensive side, Falcons are first in ypg, Pats are third. Falcons are first in ppg, Pats are second.

It's a bit more even now than it was in the regular season.

Still not as good as last year's Broncos.

Much better offense than those Broncos, though.

Much better offense than those Broncos, though.

Most definitely, that was a terrible offense.

$5216 is the average cost of a Super Bowl ticket this year, up from $4307 last year.

23% of Americans would give up their vacation to watch a Super Bowl.

Betting on the Super Bowl? 92% of those that bet on the Super Bowl, lost money.

NE has a slightly superior offense. The Falcons have a better defense. Historically, the better defense wins.

NE's front seven is not that great. Their leading tacklers are all in the secondary. THAT is dangerous.

Julio Jones will draw double coverage or he will feast. If he is double covered Mohamed Sano and Taylor Gabriel will have a great night. Freeman and Coleman are solid RBs that are also good receivers.

The Atlanta O-Line is better than the NE D-line. The Falcons pass rush is better.

In games against common opponents, NE out scored their foes by 7 points. Atlanta did it by 16 points.

Atlanta has been disrespected. They have come together in the 2nd half of the season. New England is not what they once were. The Falcons win.

Yea but NE cheats.

Pats for the win and another yawner.

$5216 is the average cost of a Super Bowl ticket this year, up from $4307 last year.

The game is better on TV

No kidding, sitting in the comfort of your own home, drinking your favorite beverage, not have 70,000 people next to you. Not have to walk miles to. And from your car.

The game is better on TV

No kidding, sitting in the comfort of your own home, drinking your favorite beverage, not have 70,000 people next to you. Not have to walk miles to. And from your car.

And not have to pay $10 for a drink or $20 for something to eat!

Although I've never been to an NFL game, and I bet it's a lot of fun and just being there is probably really exciting. :)

The game is better on TV

Someone watching the game on TV walks away with a better understanding of what happened than someone who was there. Also, the food is better and the beer is cheaper

The game is better on TV

And not have to pay $10 for a drink or $20 for something to eat!

Although I've never been to an NFL game, and I bet it's a lot of fun and just being there is probably really exciting. :)

The NFL games I have been to (I never get prime seats) you end up watching the play on the field and then looking at the Jumbotron to see what really happened. Instead of commercials, you get to watch players standing around. Nice to hear the roar of the crowd but if you really want to enjoy the action, you are better off at home

Forum List

Back