Who Will Win Super Bowl LI

• Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The most touchdowns scored in one game is three, this feat is shared by four players.

Terrell Davis • DEN · XXXII
Jerry Rice • SFO · XXIX
Ricky Watters • SFO · XXIX
Jerry Rice • SFO · XXIV
Roger Craig • SFO · XIX

Jerry Rice did it twice and Rice and Watters both did it in the same Super Bowl. Four out of the five times were by 49ers.
Receivers have an easy job compared with quarterbacks and/or runningbacks.

No team has ever been shutout in a Super Bowl. The fewest points scored by a team in a game was Super Bowl VI, Miami scored three points.
And I doubt Atlanta will shut out New England.

But it sure would be great if they did.

Four teams have never played in the Super Bowl, the Cleveland Browns, the Detroit Lions, the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Houston Texans.
Houston and Jacksonville are fairly new teams however.

Cleveland and Detroit have stunk for a very very very long time on the other hand.

I'm sure they are practicing around the clock for this game. They will be ready! They had better be!
You cannot practice "around the clock".

You need to sleep.

You cannot even practice all day. You need a break.

Normally you have a morning and an afternoon practice, a mid day team meeting, and individual strength and endurance training in the evenings before bed.

No alcohol.

No sex.

No fun at all.

Four teams have never played in the Super Bowl, the Cleveland Browns, the Detroit Lions, the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Houston Texans.
Houston and Jacksonville are fairly new teams however.

Cleveland and Detroit have stunk for a very very very long time on the other hand.

Cleveland is an expansion team like Houston and Jacksonville

The Cleveland team that was around 50 years ago moved to Baltimore and won two Super Bowls

I have to go with Atlanta

They have the tools to put up points early
With Gronk gone, I don't see Brady able to put up the numbers to keep up with the Falcons

They did fine in the playoffs without Gronk.

Come on...admit you miss him
They are not the same team without Gronk

We miss him. The Patriots don't seem to have a problem winning games without him. That is one of the good things about Brady, he knows how to spread the ball around instead of relying on one "star" player.

With Gronk gone, I don't see Brady able to put up the numbers to keep up with the Falcons

We miss him. The Patriots don't seem to have a problem winning games without him. That is one of the good things about Brady, he knows how to spread the ball around instead of relying on one "star" player.

Patriots had an easy regular season schedule and as usual, easily won the AFC East
A Home playoff win against a weak Houston team and then Pittsburgh playing without Bell

Pats are a good team, but not one of the better Pats teams I have seen
I would feel better with Gronk in there

Patriots had an easy regular season schedule and as usual, easily won the AFC East
A Home playoff win against a weak Houston team and then Pittsburgh playing without Bell

Pats are a good team, but not one of the better Pats teams I have seen
I would feel better with Gronk in there

We still have Edelman, Blount, and plenty of more than competent players on offense. Gronk would definitely add to that and is definitely valuable, but I think we'll be okay without him.

This will be the seventh Super Bowl where the best offense (Atlanta) has met the best defense (New England). The best defense is 5-1.

Last edited:
This will be the seventh Super Bowl where the best offense (Atlanta) has met the best defense (New England). The best defense is 5-1.

Again, I am not sure NE has the best defense. Very good, for sure.

But Vic Beasley is the NFL leader in sacks this year. The Patriot's D line is good, but not great. All their leading tacklers are in the secondary. Bend don't break? That can get you killed.

But Vic Beasley is the NFL leader in sacks this year. The Patriot's D line is good, but not great. All their leading tacklers are in the secondary. Bend don't break? That can get you killed.

Fewest points does not always equate to best defense

An offense that eats up the clock will leave little time for the other teams offense and fewer opportunities to score

According to the stats and analysts (who do this for a living, BTW), yes, NE is #1 in defense. :rolleyes-41:

According to the stats and analysts (who do this for a living, BTW), yes, NE is #1 in defense. :rolleyes-41:

New England is considered #1 in points scored against, Not really that great in other defensive categories. They have a good defense, however, not as good as Denver's last year or the Seahawks of a few years back.

New England is considered #1 in points scored against, Not really that great in other defensive categories. They have a good defense, however, not as good as Denver's last year or the Seahawks of a few years back.

#3 overall in defense. Go google it yourself. It's easy enough to find.

Damm Bebe you never post your links. Damm.

Forum List

Back