Still no answer: Whats a fair days work?

I think it's what it all boils down to.

Liberals are lazy, don't own businesses, aren't self reliant and don't know economics.

That's the strong meme as pushed by anyone who can find youtube of Liberals behaving as such.

pretty much. although reality is that red states suck far more money out of federal funds than they put in... and blue states put in more than they take out.

so the money is coming from somewhere.

and when they're not calling libs lazy and stupid, they're calling them "elitist".

fools can't even make up their minds.

They don't have those options you speak of. That's the decline. When you have a high demand for jobs, workers have MANY more rights. The inverse is proportionally true.

I respect that answer...and yes, it is accurate.
Well...sort of...they still DO have those options, but they are less likely to want to exercise them as there may be no alternative.
But that is the fault of the economic conditions...not the fault of the employers.

Now, I know...why cant the employers take in less money and hire more people.

I can see that for the mega companies.

But most companies are like me.....I make a nice living....very nice...top 5%er....but with thinghs so bleak out there, why am I going to "HOPE" that things get better and take in less money now?

What if they dont get better? THen I have a greater overhead, and less money to fall back on.

Are you willing to spend more now just so you can do your part in helping the economy? What if you spent more, and used your savings to do it and things got worse?

Where will that leave you?

And if you are not willing to do it as a consumer...why should I do it as a business owner?

Because they have more to lose than a "top 5%er."

So much more.

I am a top 5%er living on Long Island.
I have establishged a lifestyle over the years.
I have a mortgage...cars, kids in college.
If my income goes down dramatically, I can kiss my house goodbye.
I lost loads of money in my 401(K)...I should have been more on top of it
Even as a top 5%er, it is very tough to make ends meet when my income drops.

Sure...you can say "I made my bed and now I should sleep in it"

Well...you are correct. I am not the one complaining. I am responsible for my destiny. I set up this lifestyle and I am doing all I can to maintain it....

But I just dont have the financial stability to take chances like that.

Well that depends on whether you work a concession stand, the rides, or the Ag exposition.

but when the pay at the fair is not fair is when the director of the fair is paid as much as all the employees actually keeping it running is collectively paid.

Last edited:
I think it's what it all boils down to.

Liberals are lazy, don't own businesses, aren't self reliant and don't know economics.

That's the strong meme as pushed by anyone who can find youtube of Liberals behaving as such.

Yeah...sure...thats what I have been saying.
Take that rheotric "other side bashing crap" and use it on someone else.

You do it, except you don't think so.

You drop little assumptions that people pointing out the reality of the situation aren't "self reliant!" like ole' Jarhead is! Hardest workers of evaaa!"

Gimme a break.

MOST PEOPLE are bust ass, hard workers like everyone else.

if I had to guess...I would say 90% of the people do whatever they can to make things work...

And the 10% that are lazy good for nothings? Some are rich snobby spoon fed losers...others are "not my fault" losers...and they are of all ideologies.

The fact that you wish to read INTO what I say and come up with your own summation of what I mean by it is not my fault.

Actually, it shows poor character on your part.

Well that depends on whether you work a concession stand, the rides, or the Ag exposition.

but when the pay at the fair is not fair is when the director of the fair is paid as much as all the employees actually keeping it running is collectively paid.

And why is that?
How is that not fair?

Yeah...sure...thats what I have been saying.
Take that rheotric "other side bashing crap" and use it on someone else.

You drop little assumptions that people pointing out the reality of the situation aren't "self reliant!" like ole' Jarhead is! Hardest workers of evaaa!"

Gimme a break.

if I had to guess...I would say 90% of the people do whatever they can to make things work...

And the 10% that are lazy good for nothings? Some are rich snobby spoon fed losers...others are "not my fault" losers...and they are of all ideologies.

The fact that you wish to read INTO what I say and come up with your own summation of what I mean by it is not my fault.

You're one of the bottom 5 people on this board who I'd give two shits about whatever judgement of my character you have.

You don't know anything about me, except for the fact that I come online and argue with your bullcrap fairytale world where Conservatives are pias and Liberals need some work.

The most dispicable part about you, is you're one of the guys who tries to hide his bias on things, and that's why I'm here to help you come out of the closet.

Gimme a break.

You're one of the bottom 5 people on this board who I'd give two shits about whatever judgement of my character you have.

You don't know anything about me, except for the fact that I come online and argue with your bullcrap fairytale world where Conservatives are pias and Liberals need some work.

The most dispicable part about you, is you're one of the guys who tries to hide his bias on things, and that's why I'm here to help you come out of the closet.

wow.

Ironically....you say I know nothing about you....you are just some guy who comes on line to arghue with me...blah blah blah...

And then you imply you know everything about me even though I am just some guy that comes on line to argue with you....blah blah blah...

So the only thing I can make out of that is that you are admitting that you hide the type of person you are when posting on this board...

Or...

you are a hypocrite and just too fucking stupid to realize it.

Except you're clearly ignoring that they're not Raising the price of the product to pay themselves more....................thus retaining Consumers.

To pay themselves more, they are keeping their workers wages stagnant, as their pay sky rockets.

There's two realities that you need to face:

-The income disparity is REAL.
-It's not because the Majority of the Country all of a sudden became Lazy.

lets just say that congress passes a law that says that profits over a certain percentage MUST be divied equally amongst the employees and refelcted in their raises..

I know...its not that easy...but lets just say it is the law..

So everyone in the country find their salaries going up nicely...execs making a bit less, em0ployees making a bit more....more equality in income...

How do you think that will affect the spending power of the employees?

Let me answer it...

We are better off with 1% salaries increasing faster than the other 99% becuase the 1% does not affect market prices.

Increase the salaries of 99% and prices will go up accordingly....and we will feel no affect whatsopever....but the unemployed and the elderly will struggle even more.

You hear that, folks?

We are better off the way things are now. If we try to shrink the ever widening gap between the wealthy and middle class it will be to our detriment. We should be thankful to the top 1% for sucking up our wages. Clearly they are only trying to do the poor and unemployed a favor.

He's 100% hack with a nice guy facade up.

wow.

Ironically....you say I know nothing about you....you are just some guy who comes on line to arghue with me...blah blah blah...

And then you imply you know everything about me even though I am just some guy that comes on line to argue with you....blah blah blah...

So the only thing I can make out of that is that you are admitting that you hide the type of person you are when posting on this board...

Or...

You're corny, dude.

oneup.jpg

lets just say that congress passes a law that says that profits over a certain percentage MUST be divied equally amongst the employees and refelcted in their raises..

I know...its not that easy...but lets just say it is the law..

So everyone in the country find their salaries going up nicely...execs making a bit less, em0ployees making a bit more....more equality in income...

How do you think that will affect the spending power of the employees?

Let me answer it...

We are better off with 1% salaries increasing faster than the other 99% becuase the 1% does not affect market prices.

Increase the salaries of 99% and prices will go up accordingly....and we will feel no affect whatsopever....but the unemployed and the elderly will struggle even more.

You hear that, folks?

We are better off the way things are now. If we try to shrink the ever widening gap between the wealthy and middle class it will be to our detriment. We should be thankful to the top 1% for sucking up our wages. Clearly they are only trying to do the poor and unemployed a favor.

have trouble understanding economics?

Sorry....perhapos I should word it differently. I assumed people had a little bit of a brain on here.

It has been determoined and agreed upon that salaries of the 99% have increased ONLY with the cost of living whereas the salaries of the 1% have increased 50 times that.

Well....

If ALL of our salaries increased 50 times the cost of living except the 1% andf their salaries only increased with the cost of living...

The cost of living would increase by 50 times and we would have no change in our spending power.

You see.....the buying habits of 1% does not affect market prices.

The buying power of 99% WILL affect market prices.

Now...lets just say we can dramatically increase the income of 75% of the people...

Guess what...the other 25%?

They would be fucked. Prices would skyrocketr and they wouldnt be able to feed themselves.

Basic economics...fucking moron.

wow.

Or...

You're corny, dude.

oneup.jpg

lol...thats the best you can come up with?
Im corny?

Cool. That is as good as you admitting I made a hell of a point.

And I did.

Now...go calm down and show me some love.

I never thought of work that way.

To me work was always a competition between me and everyone else at any particular establishment.

When I worked for other people way back when I was always the first to arrive and the last to leave. I got shit done way before deadlines while everyone else waited until the last minute I didn't care if I worked more than 8 hours a day or 40 hours a week as long as I won.

wow.

Or...

You're corny, dude.

oneup.jpg

lol...thats the best you can come up with?
Im corny?

Cool. That is as good as you admitting I made a hell of a point.

And I did.

Now...go calm down and show me some love.

There was no point to show a response to. When you make a point, gimme a buzz, we'll do lunch but not if your grill is all fucked up, that's nagl

Let me answer it...

You hear that, folks?

Sorry....perhapos I should word it differently. I assumed people had a little bit of a brain on here.

It has been determoined and agreed upon that salaries of the 99% have increased ONLY with the cost of living whereas the salaries of the 1% have increased 50 times that.

Well....

If ALL of our salaries increased 50 times the cost of living except the 1% andf their salaries only increased with the cost of living...

The cost of living would increase by 50 times and we would have no change in our spending power.

Now...lets just say we can dramatically increase the income of 75% of the people...

They would be fucked. Prices would skyrocketr and they wouldnt be able to feed themselves.

Shit, let's all take a 50% pay cut so prices will plummet.

If we have less money the market will have to lower prices.

Addition by subtraction.

Such a win all around!

The reason you are not getting an answer, assuming that is even true, is because nobody takes you seriously. The problem, in other words, is you.

Liberals whine constantly about a "fair" wage or fair pay or just fair fair fair. But they've never demanded that their employers require a fair days work. So whats a fair wage? We've heard from lefties here that it is 75K a year. Some say minimum $11 an hour, others $20 an hour.

Well, I ask (again), whats a fair days work to expect out of you for that pay?

- Will you help my company make profits. Yes, evil, greedy nasty PROFIT. Will you help my company earn more than other companies. Thats kinda the point of being in business.

- Will you work 50 hours a week? 60? I'll pay the OT. Or offer you salary pay. You willing to work it?

- Will you do a job and task that is boring? Beneath you (in your mind)? You will to start at the very bottom and work your way up? No office? Because there are guys that came before you, with the same credentials, that have worked years for what you want right now.

- Willing to work weekends?

- Willing to KEEP helping my company make profits? And you willing to accept that me, and my other managers, will earn more than you?

- Willing to work on your feet 8 hours a day? Maybe in non-air conditioned areas? Hard work? Physical work?

Just wondering what kind of "Fair Days Work" I can expect if I hire one of these wonderful, brilliant, responsible, clean, well mannered Occupiers I see on TV everyday. So far.....I doubt many would meet my demands for a day of work in exchange for a day of pay.

Let me guess…

You’d like to see West Coast Hotel Co. v. Parrish (1937) overturned and the doctrine of ‘freedom to contract’ reinstated.

What you and other reactionary rightists fail to understand – among many, many other things - is that it’s no longer the 19th Century, for well over 100 years there’s been no co-equal relationship between employer and employee. Consequently, unions, labor laws, and other statutory regulations concerning employment came about as a result of business owners’ cruel and capricious treatment of workers – employers have only themselves to blame.

He's 100% hack with a nice guy facade up.

and thinks it's hard to see :cuckoo:

anyhoo, how you been? what's cracking?

I've been hangin' in there, bro.

Been on days training with a new team for about two months now.

I'm pretty sick of it and am ready to return to the overnight shift. There's only so much office politics I can handle.

You?

You hear that, folks?

Well....

Shit, let's all take a 50% pay cut so prices will plummet.

If we have less money the market will have to lower prices.

Addition by subtraction.

Such a win all around!

You just admitted that you ARE naive to economics.

What you said.......is exactly what would happen over time...assuming the pay cut was worldwide.

Why are you ignoring the logic of ecnonics?

Forum List

Back