Still no answer: Whats a fair days work?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Nov 13, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Liberals whine constantly about a "fair" wage or fair pay or just fair fair fair. But they've never demanded that their employers require a fair days work. So whats a fair wage? We've heard from lefties here that it is 75K a year. Some say minimum $11 an hour, others $20 an hour.

Well, I ask (again), whats a fair days work to expect out of you for that pay?

- Will you help my company make profits. Yes, evil, greedy nasty PROFIT. Will you help my company earn more than other companies. Thats kinda the point of being in business.

- Will you work 50 hours a week? 60? I'll pay the OT. Or offer you salary pay. You willing to work it?

- Will you do a job and task that is boring? Beneath you (in your mind)? You will to start at the very bottom and work your way up? No office? Because there are guys that came before you, with the same credentials, that have worked years for what you want right now.

- Willing to work weekends?

- Willing to KEEP helping my company make profits? And you willing to accept that me, and my other managers, will earn more than you?

- Willing to work on your feet 8 hours a day? Maybe in non-air conditioned areas? Hard work? Physical work?

Just wondering what kind of "Fair Days Work" I can expect if I hire one of these wonderful, brilliant, responsible, clean, well mannered Occupiers I see on TV everyday. So far.....I doubt many would meet my demands for a day of work in exchange for a day of pay.

2. Dragon

Dragon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +579
    Actually, the best answer I can give is that I would never work for YOU under any circumstances, period. I've had quite enough of selfish, arrogant, dishonest bosses.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    A fair wage is that wage which reaches a threshold where the employee actually has to contribute to the nation's tax revenues.

There is no single number that describes it.

It is a RELATIVE term.

4. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Really? See, THAT is the problem with you libtards. You refuse to suck it up and swallow your damn inflated egoes and take a job for God's sake.

What if I was gonna pay you 100K a year? For doing a job thats hard, long hours, work you dont particularly enjoy, but great pay and great benefits? And yeah, I'm a hard boss to work for. Very demanding. I want my company to profit, and I'm paying you to help make that happen. Would you take it? 150K?

See....I got 2 damn responses. I simply asked what can left wing OWS types offer a company in exchange for pay? You people have no fucking skills to offer. THAT is why you cant find a job. Jobs are there. It's just that YOU the labor pool SUCK ASS!!!!

2 sophomoric responses. Thats all the left wingers can offer a potential employer. And they wonder why companies across the land wont hire their whining, entitled asses?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    I didn't ask what a fair "wage" was. I asked what is a fair days work? What can the typical left winger offer me, my company, or ANY company for that matter? What skill do they possess that makes them worth granting that immediate great pay and benefits package rather than the entry level job that everyone else started at?

What are they willing to do, what work can they offer? We'll talk pay AFTER I know what I'm getting to show up each day. I want to know that if I ask you to work overtime or a Saturday, I'm not gonna get a damn "OCCUPY WATERCOOLER" event.

6. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,047
    No conservatives responded either. Can we assume they are unfamiliar with the concept as well using your barometer of responses?

I think your lack of responses is that we know you're here to ask rhetorical questions.

I did like your post about Domino's a few weeks ago.

In this case, however, you're pretty far off. A great many people in Brewer's latest purge of employees are looking for a job (I get calls totaling probably dozens per month asking about hiring). Many (if not most) report to me that they don't even get callbacks from places like Target and Kohl's. So it isn't as if some sort of assessment is being made by and large.

The calls haven't been so frequent in recent weeks however. I am guessing things are turning around or maybe it's just the holidays.

Oh well, we all know you're in full-time attack mode. Fire away. I'm off to the gym.

7. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,677
    I'm no liberal by a long shot, but I'll answer as a financial conservative. A fair days work is when you have done your best to exceed the standards you set previously. That means working more than 40 or 50 hours a week. You work until the job is done.

And yes, you work weekends. When you are committed to a job, you make it work.

If you want a company or employer to be committed to you, you must do the same. There's no entitlement in the real world for real workers.

I used to get up at 6:00 am and work until 3:00am writing reports, finishing my work and creating new materials. And I wasn't getting any $75,000 for my labor. But I had pride in my work.

Okay Candycorn, now you tell us about your work ethic.

8. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,363
    I have a job, I am a self employed mason.I work very hard to earn my helpers a living.

9. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,465
    Yes, Bucs. You're right. No liberals have jobs, and no liberals work hard.

Where the fuck do you left and right message board morons get your view of the world? Jesus christ

10. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,465
    Also, why do you dishonestly say "still no answer?"

You were well answered in your other obsessive thread about this..................and you wait a few weeks and start a new one and claim you've not been answered?

Get some integrity.