Still no answer: Whats a fair days work?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Liberals whine constantly about a "fair" wage or fair pay or just fair fair fair. But they've never demanded that their employers require a fair days work. So whats a fair wage? We've heard from lefties here that it is 75K a year. Some say minimum $11 an hour, others $20 an hour.

Well, I ask (again), whats a fair days work to expect out of you for that pay?

- Will you help my company make profits. Yes, evil, greedy nasty PROFIT. Will you help my company earn more than other companies. Thats kinda the point of being in business.

- Will you work 50 hours a week? 60? I'll pay the OT. Or offer you salary pay. You willing to work it?

- Will you do a job and task that is boring? Beneath you (in your mind)? You will to start at the very bottom and work your way up? No office? Because there are guys that came before you, with the same credentials, that have worked years for what you want right now.

- Willing to work weekends?

- Willing to KEEP helping my company make profits? And you willing to accept that me, and my other managers, will earn more than you?

- Willing to work on your feet 8 hours a day? Maybe in non-air conditioned areas? Hard work? Physical work?

Just wondering what kind of "Fair Days Work" I can expect if I hire one of these wonderful, brilliant, responsible, clean, well mannered Occupiers I see on TV everyday. So far.....I doubt many would meet my demands for a day of work in exchange for a day of pay.

Actually, the best answer I can give is that I would never work for YOU under any circumstances, period. I've had quite enough of selfish, arrogant, dishonest bosses.

A fair wage is that wage which reaches a threshold where the employee actually has to contribute to the nation's tax revenues.

There is no single number that describes it.

It is a RELATIVE term.

Actually, the best answer I can give is that I would never work for YOU under any circumstances, period. I've had quite enough of selfish, arrogant, dishonest bosses.

Really? See, THAT is the problem with you libtards. You refuse to suck it up and swallow your damn inflated egoes and take a job for God's sake.

What if I was gonna pay you 100K a year? For doing a job thats hard, long hours, work you dont particularly enjoy, but great pay and great benefits? And yeah, I'm a hard boss to work for. Very demanding. I want my company to profit, and I'm paying you to help make that happen. Would you take it? 150K?

See....I got 2 damn responses. I simply asked what can left wing OWS types offer a company in exchange for pay? You people have no fucking skills to offer. THAT is why you cant find a job. Jobs are there. It's just that YOU the labor pool SUCK ASS!!!!

2 sophomoric responses. Thats all the left wingers can offer a potential employer. And they wonder why companies across the land wont hire their whining, entitled asses?

A fair wage is that wage which reaches a threshold where the employee actually has to contribute to the nation's tax revenues.

It is a RELATIVE term.

I didn't ask what a fair "wage" was. I asked what is a fair days work? What can the typical left winger offer me, my company, or ANY company for that matter? What skill do they possess that makes them worth granting that immediate great pay and benefits package rather than the entry level job that everyone else started at?

What are they willing to do, what work can they offer? We'll talk pay AFTER I know what I'm getting to show up each day. I want to know that if I ask you to work overtime or a Saturday, I'm not gonna get a damn "OCCUPY WATERCOOLER" event.

Really? See, THAT is the problem with you libtards. You refuse to suck it up and swallow your damn inflated egoes and take a job for God's sake.

What if I was gonna pay you 100K a year? For doing a job thats hard, long hours, work you dont particularly enjoy, but great pay and great benefits? And yeah, I'm a hard boss to work for. Very demanding. I want my company to profit, and I'm paying you to help make that happen. Would you take it? 150K?

See....I got 2 damn responses. I simply asked what can left wing OWS types offer a company in exchange for pay? You people have no fucking skills to offer. THAT is why you cant find a job. Jobs are there. It's just that YOU the labor pool SUCK ASS!!!!

2 sophomoric responses. Thats all the left wingers can offer a potential employer. And they wonder why companies across the land wont hire their whining, entitled asses?

No conservatives responded either. Can we assume they are unfamiliar with the concept as well using your barometer of responses?

I think your lack of responses is that we know you're here to ask rhetorical questions.

I did like your post about Domino's a few weeks ago.

In this case, however, you're pretty far off. A great many people in Brewer's latest purge of employees are looking for a job (I get calls totaling probably dozens per month asking about hiring). Many (if not most) report to me that they don't even get callbacks from places like Target and Kohl's. So it isn't as if some sort of assessment is being made by and large.

The calls haven't been so frequent in recent weeks however. I am guessing things are turning around or maybe it's just the holidays.

Oh well, we all know you're in full-time attack mode. Fire away. I'm off to the gym.

Liberals whine constantly about a "fair" wage or fair pay or just fair fair fair. But they've never demanded that their employers require a fair days work. So whats a fair wage? We've heard from lefties here that it is 75K a year. Some say minimum $11 an hour, others $20 an hour.

- Will you help my company make profits. Yes, evil, greedy nasty PROFIT. Will you help my company earn more than other companies. Thats kinda the point of being in business.

- Will you work 50 hours a week? 60? I'll pay the OT. Or offer you salary pay. You willing to work it?

- Will you do a job and task that is boring? Beneath you (in your mind)? You will to start at the very bottom and work your way up? No office? Because there are guys that came before you, with the same credentials, that have worked years for what you want right now.

- Willing to KEEP helping my company make profits? And you willing to accept that me, and my other managers, will earn more than you?

- Willing to work on your feet 8 hours a day? Maybe in non-air conditioned areas? Hard work? Physical work?

Just wondering what kind of "Fair Days Work" I can expect if I hire one of these wonderful, brilliant, responsible, clean, well mannered Occupiers I see on TV everyday. So far.....I doubt many would meet my demands for a day of work in exchange for a day of pay.

I'm no liberal by a long shot, but I'll answer as a financial conservative. A fair days work is when you have done your best to exceed the standards you set previously. That means working more than 40 or 50 hours a week. You work until the job is done.

And yes, you work weekends. When you are committed to a job, you make it work.

If you want a company or employer to be committed to you, you must do the same. There's no entitlement in the real world for real workers.

I used to get up at 6:00 am and work until 3:00am writing reports, finishing my work and creating new materials. And I wasn't getting any $75,000 for my labor. But I had pride in my work.

Okay Candycorn, now you tell us about your work ethic.

Yes, Bucs. You're right. No liberals have jobs, and no liberals work hard.

Where the fuck do you left and right message board morons get your view of the world? Jesus christ

Also, why do you dishonestly say "still no answer?"

You were well answered in your other obsessive thread about this..................and you wait a few weeks and start a new one and claim you've not been answered?

Get some integrity.

It is a RELATIVE term.

I didn't ask what a fair "wage" was. I asked what is a fair days work? What can the typical left winger offer me, my company, or ANY company for that matter? What skill do they possess that makes them worth granting that immediate great pay and benefits package rather than the entry level job that everyone else started at?

What are they willing to do, what work can they offer? We'll talk pay AFTER I know what I'm getting to show up each day. I want to know that if I ask you to work overtime or a Saturday, I'm not gonna get a damn "OCCUPY WATERCOOLER" event.

Now how can anyone describe something so nebulus as "a fair days work"?

It depends on the job description.

I actually do a job much like you describe, the difference is that my superiors are not dickheads and pay me what my 25+ years of experience are worth, would you?

To me the whole 40 hr work week was a minimum recommendation.

Shit I was working over 35 hours a week when I was in high school.

Sorry Bucs, I didn't see this thread and I think it's a good one!!

What?? A left leaning, gimme, gimme, gimme, I, I, I, generation worker wanting a company to succeed??

There was a time when people appreciated having a job, I know I did. I'd be there on time, work until the job was done and give it 100% of me. I did what was necessary to help the company succeed and they in turn compensated me for my time. I have worked for 40 years, have only worked for 4 companies and never, ever got fired. First job I left to be a mom, second was part time and I needed a full time position, third the company sold and I moved to Georgia, 4th the owner was a real ass, but I was paid well, the day before I got married I quit. Now my husband and I own our own business, for the last 21 years.

Somewhere along the way workers got the attitude that jobs were easy to find and they could name their price. They jump from company to company each time upping their pay until they have priced themselves out of a job. When I see resume's with the longest tenure of 3 years, I pass over those applicants. It costs a company $ to train employees and generally takes 6-12 months for them to do their job well.

I don't like interviewing people, I prefer to keep the employees we have and pay them well. They get paid first, then my husband and I get paid. I have a feeling we are not the only business that does this, too bad most "workers" these days are only there to get a paycheck.

So to me a fair's days work is what it takes to get the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible. It's always been that way for me and we expect the same of the people that work for us.

The figures you mention for "fair" pay is to be paid to those who refuse to work at all. Wages as an exchange of labor for money is supposed to be in additon to the guaranteed income.

An employer makes a profit off of every employee. A fair days work is determined by the employer. When he is no longer making a profit, that employee is released

An employer makes a profit off of every employee. A fair days work is determined by the employer. When he is no longer making a profit, that employee is released

Ummm, not so fast. Not every employee makes a profit, there are employees that are necessary but have no direct correlation to the "project". Some employees are as necessary as electricity, but there is no profitability in their position.

Ummm, not so fast. Not every employee makes a profit, there are employees that are necessary but have no direct correlation to the "project". Some employees are as necessary as electricity, but there is no profitability in their position.

Ignorance.

Their Necessity to the overall operation or project means that they do, very much in fact, yield a profit.

If they're not needed to maintain profitibility, they shouldn't be there.

Ignorance.

Their Necessity to the overall operation or project means that they do, very much in fact, yield a profit.

If they're not needed to maintain profitibility, they shouldn't be there.

So you're a business owner, huh??

Forum List

Back