State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurt feelings is not harm. If you can't deal with religion in public, YOU should be the one hiding in your house.

Isn't a matter of hurt feelings. They broke the law.

and your hatred of anything not like you is noted. YOU are the bigot. and now YOU want to be Bull Connors, congrats.

You keep making the Fascist label I throw at you 100% applicable.

Kindly go play in traffic.

Not at all. Religion is evil. Religion has never done anything good in the whole of human history.

It needs to be challenged, particularly when it is hateful, like this.

If a church continues to promote homophobia, then they need to lose their tax exemption, just like churches that promote racism do.

A law that covers hurt feelings and not actual harm is a stupid law.

and the fact that you can say "Religion has never done anything good in the whole of human history" shows your bias, and the total inability to believe anything that you type on the topic.

A church that promotes racism has lost tax exempt status because explicitly of that? Examples please.

Of course you have no sympathy for them. They don't agree with you, and by your previous posts, they must be destroyed.

You are closer to the people that put Jews on Trains than the people that marched on D.C. for racial equality. Congrats.

Uh, yeah, making them take money for a service they advertised and promised to do is JUST like the Holocaust. No really!

Do you realize how absurd you sound.

Here's the thing. This is a dispute between a vendor and a consumer. These things should always be resolved in the favor of the consumer unless there is a compelling reason for the vendor.

"My Imaginary Fairy In the Sky Said So" is not a compelling reason.

It's an observation on your metal state, and it is accurate. You are a drive by thug, using government to hurt people you don't like.

And your statement of vendor vs. consumer is comical, and of course self serving in your quest to force people to do things they don't want to do, because being an asshole gives you a chubby.

Lol...pretty pathetic...comparing the Oregon bakery with muslims now.
How come the homo mafia hasn't targeted a Muslim business?
Wait...you think this couple "targetted" that bakery? I see that you are not familiar with what happened.
I know the details very well. The business owners were deliberately targeted.
False...so you really know nothing about this case. Color me surprised.
False. I've followed this story and the pizza shop and the florist from day one of each event. All targeted and orchestrated by the homo mafia. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that there is no such thing as the homo mafia, huh.

You followed the stories huh? So you know that in the case of the florist that was sued, the couple were long time customers? No "targeting" by this alleged "mafia" you dreamed up and that you're scared of. And the case in the OP? Also repeat customers, not "targeted" for being anti gay. The couples did not know the businesses would refuse their service when they tried to give it to them.

That you actually believe there is a gay mafia tells us just about everything we need to know about you...except your age. It's either 12 or 82.

Hurt feelings is not harm. If you can't deal with religion in public, YOU should be the one hiding in your house.

and your hatred of anything not like you is noted. YOU are the bigot. and now YOU want to be Bull Connors, congrats.

Not at all. Religion is evil. Religion has never done anything good in the whole of human history.

If a church continues to promote homophobia, then they need to lose their tax exemption, just like churches that promote racism do.

and the fact that you can say "Religion has never done anything good in the whole of human history" shows your bias, and the total inability to believe anything that you type on the topic.

A church that promotes racism has lost tax exempt status because explicitly of that? Examples please.

A church, no...a university, yes.

Example?

How come the homo mafia hasn't targeted a Muslim business?
Wait...you think this couple "targetted" that bakery? I see that you are not familiar with what happened.
False. I've followed this story and the pizza shop and the florist from day one of each event. All targeted and orchestrated by the homo mafia. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that there is no such thing as the homo mafia, huh.

You followed the stories huh? So you know that in the case of the florist that was sued, the couple were long time customers? No "targeting" by this alleged "mafia" you dreamed up and that you're scared of. And the case in the OP? Also repeat customers, not "targeted" for being anti gay. The couples did not know the businesses would refuse their service when they tried to give it to them.

That you actually believe there is a gay mafia tells us just about everything we need to know about you...except your age. It's either 12 or 82.
Oh, go to hell, faggot. Even Maher refers to the fag mafia. The businesses were targeted.

Example?

Bob Jones University. From Wiki:

Although BJU had admitted Asians and other ethnic groups from its inception, it did not enroll Africans or African-American students until 1971. From 1971 to 1975, BJU admitted only married blacks, although the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) had already determined in 1970 that "private schools with racially discriminatory admissions policies" were not entitled to federal tax exemption. In 1975, the University Board of Trustees authorized a change in policy to admit black students, a move that occurred shortly before the announcement of the Supreme Court decision in Runyon v. McCrary (427 U.S. 160 [1976]), which prohibited racial exclusion in private schools.[15] However, in May of that year, BJU expanded rules against interracial dating and marriage.[16] In 1976, the Internal Revenue Service revoked the university's tax exemption retroactively to December 1, 1970 on grounds that it was practicing racial discrimination.[17]

Oh, go to hell, faggot. Even Maher refers to the fag mafia. The businesses were targeted.

Wow...faggot. Guess we've got your age pinned down. It's the 12 side not the 82 side. Good to know. So, are your parents aware you're on an adult message board?

I notice you ignored the points about "targeting". The businesses were targeted...for repeat business by customers that had used their services before.

Of course you have no sympathy for them. They don't agree with you, and by your previous posts, they must be destroyed.

You are closer to the people that put Jews on Trains than the people that marched on D.C. for racial equality. Congrats.

Uh, yeah, making them take money for a service they advertised and promised to do is JUST like the Holocaust. No really!

Here's the thing. This is a dispute between a vendor and a consumer. These things should always be resolved in the favor of the consumer unless there is a compelling reason for the vendor.

It's an observation on your metal state, and it is accurate. You are a drive by thug, using government to hurt people you don't like.

And your statement of vendor vs. consumer is comical, and of course self serving in your quest to force people to do things they don't want to do, because being an asshole gives you a chubby.
I see you are still whining on the internet instead of doing something to change things in your state.

There it is....the name calling. We accept your concession.

Example?

Bob Jones University. From Wiki:

Although BJU had admitted Asians and other ethnic groups from its inception, it did not enroll Africans or African-American students until 1971. From 1971 to 1975, BJU admitted only married blacks, although the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) had already determined in 1970 that "private schools with racially discriminatory admissions policies" were not entitled to federal tax exemption. In 1975, the University Board of Trustees authorized a change in policy to admit black students, a move that occurred shortly before the announcement of the Supreme Court decision in Runyon v. McCrary (427 U.S. 160 [1976]), which prohibited racial exclusion in private schools.[15] However, in May of that year, BJU expanded rules against interracial dating and marriage.[16] In 1976, the Internal Revenue Service revoked the university's tax exemption retroactively to December 1, 1970 on grounds that it was practicing racial discrimination.[17]

The Court decided it in the compelling interest of fighting systemic racial discrimination, which was still present in a dying form in the 70's.

There would be less of an argument for it if the case were heard now.

I see you are still whining on the internet instead of doing something to change things in your state.

And I see you are still out of actual debating points on the topic at hand, and are still resorting to attacking my right to even have my opinions.

I hope nobody is mistaking a cult of deviant sex behaviors for a static and physical thing like race? That would be a gravely mistaken premise to launch an argument or a judgment collection off of...

And I see you are still out of actual debating points on the topic at hand, and are still resorting to attacking my right to even have my opinions.
I don't have to whine. Our side worked hard WITHIN THE SYSTEM for decades to get legalized gay marriage. AKA....we won. :D

I don't have to whine. Our side worked hard WITHIN THE SYSTEM for decades to get legalized gay marriage. AKA....we won. :D

You used the wrong system. The right way would have been to get state legislatures to change the contracts, and have the courts enforce full faith and credit. What you did is got lawyers who shit on the constitution who happen to be judges to agree with you because of "feels".

You used the wrong system. The right way would have been to get state legislatures to change the contracts, and have the courts enforce full faith and credit. What you did is got lawyers who shit on the constitution who happen to be judges to agree with you because of "feels".
We used the wrong system? :rofl: :rofl: We used the legal system. You apparently are not from the U.S. or familiar with the U.S. Constitution then. No wonder you do nothing but whine.

Gee, refusing to pay didn't work? What a shock. Thought for sure the State was just gonna give up and forget about it. ;)

Federal immigration laws can be violated or ignored Via sanctuary cities at the whim of those in power. It's another story when you are a lowly citizen . There are two sets of rules in this country. It's nothing to be celebrated really. You don't own anything. It can be taken away from you if you step out of line.

We used the wrong system? :rofl: :rofl: We used the legal system. You apparently are not from the U.S. or familiar with the U.S. Constitution then. No wonder you do nothing but whine.

The court overstepped its bounds, like it as done numerous times the past decade.

Gee, refusing to pay didn't work? What a shock. Thought for sure the State was just gonna give up and forget about it. ;)

Federal immigration laws can be violated or ignored Via sanctuary cities at the whim of those in power. It's another story when you are a lowly citizen . There are two sets of rules in this country. It's nothing to be celebrated really. You don't own anything. It can be taken away from you if you step out of line.

Why Kim Davis’s refusal to issue same-sex marriage licenses is legally different from a ‘sanctuary city’s’ refusal to cooperate with federal immigration law

Many commentators have sought to draw an equivalence between Rowan County, Kentucky clerk Kim Davis’s refusal to issue same-sex marriage licenses, in defiance of a federal court order, and the decision of so-called “sanctuary cities” to refuse to enforce federal immigration laws. Yet as a legal matter, the questions presented by the two scenarios are quite distinct. Put directly, Kim Davis is acting in defiance of applicable federal law; sanctuary cities are not — and we can again cite Justice Scalia to explain the difference.

So-called sanctuary cities are jurisdictions in which local officials have decided that they will not cooperate with federal immigration enforcement. Put another way, they are jurisdictions in which local officials are refusing to implement a federal program. The decision to become a sanctuary city may be regrettable, unwise, or worse, but it is perfectly legal and entirely consistent with our constitutional structure.

The Constitution establishes that federal law is supreme. But it is also well-established that the federal government may not “commandeer” state and local governments to implement federal law. What this means is that the federal government is free to enforce federal law, including immigration law, whether state or local officials like it or not. At the same time the federal government cannot dictate that state and local officials enforce that law on the federal government’s behalf.
(see Printz v. United States)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back