State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply saying it doesn't make it so. It's pure conjecture on both our parts. I think if BJU (the irony :lol:) tried the same shit today, I believe the outcome would be the same. You disagree. We'll never know.

The outcome of Obergefell v Hodges does not change because you don't think it's real and your opinion on it, along with $3 can get you a cup of coffee.

PA laws have been found Constitutional to this point. I urge you to legally challenge Title II of the CRA. We'll be rooting for you.

The way your side did it leaves the issue open, just like Roe V Wade hasn't ended the abortion debate.

And the only challenge to Title II or the CRA would have to involve limiting PA's to actual PA's, not every business in the country.

Uh huh...do you really think a SCOTUS will ever repeal civil marriage for gays? Come on...by the time you could even get a "conservative" justice to replace a "liberal" one...WAY too many horses will be out for there to be a closing of the barn door. You'd have to get rid of more than one 'cause despite his dissention, Roberts is in no way going to agree with repealing it.

2nd option? A Constitutional Amendment. (cue hysterical laughter). Non starter.

So when you going to legally challenge PA laws? You going after the big dog or just the local and state ones that protect icky gays?

I will leave it up to the people with the free time on their hands.

Right...you're too busy whining about it on the internet to actually DO something about it.

No, i'm voicing my opinion on it, something you seem to have an issue with. But it's easier for those like you to attack the ability of someone to have an opinion (in your view) than the opinion itself.
Voicing your opinion as an anonymous poster on a message board is not taking action.

Well now....where are the brave lesbians, gays and prosecutors of Michigan? When are they going to right this wrong by these Muslims who are practicing their faith? Don't liberals agree that Muslims too should be fined out of business?

A Guy Walked Into a Muslim Bakery and Ordered a Gay Wedding Cake…

Is anyone surprised by this? Steven Crowder went into a bunch of Muslim bakeries in Dearborn, Michigan, and tried to order a “gay” wedding cake. Many of the bakers politely declined and sent him to other bakeries, including one man who tried to send him up the street to Kroger.
Oddly enough, we haven’t seen any mainstream media reporters ambushing unsuspecting Muslim bakers and demanding in McCarthyesque fashion, “Are you now, or have you ever been a homosexual hater?”
Could it be because, as Crowder notes in the video, “You’re still killed in virtually every Muslim country for being gay.”

A Guy Walked Into a Muslim Bakery and Ordered a Gay Wedding Cake… | PJ Tatler

Police States are fun, huh?
police state? guess you prefer anarchy

Opposing Police States does not = Anarchy.
if you believe that the civil judgment against the bakers constitutes a police state then yes, you must prefer anarchy.

If you believe that a fine which would in essence put a bakery out of business is a commensurate punishment for the thought crime of following one's religion, then you really are thoroughly marinated in Tyrannical Ideology.
no thought crime involved.
the action of discrimination based on sexual orientation was involved.
and the fine was completely avoidable.

The last thing I'd want is for my wedding cake, photos, etc. to be done by someone who doesn't want to do them.

police state? guess you prefer anarchy

if you believe that the civil judgment against the bakers constitutes a police state then yes, you must prefer anarchy.

If you believe that a fine which would in essence put a bakery out of business is a commensurate punishment for the thought crime of following one's religion, then you really are thoroughly marinated in Tyrannical Ideology.

The last thing I'd want is for my wedding cake, photos, etc. to be done by someone who doesn't want to do them.
Here's the cake your lawyers ordered me to bake for you.....go ahead.....eat it.

Well now....where are the brave lesbians, gays and prosecutors of Michigan? When are they going to right this wrong by these Muslims who are practicing their faith? Don't liberals agree that Muslims too should be fined out of business?

Is anyone surprised by this? Steven Crowder went into a bunch of Muslim bakeries in Dearborn, Michigan, and tried to order a “gay” wedding cake. Many of the bakers politely declined and sent him to other bakeries, including one man who tried to send him up the street to Kroger.
Oddly enough, we haven’t seen any mainstream media reporters ambushing unsuspecting Muslim bakers and demanding in McCarthyesque fashion, “Are you now, or have you ever been a homosexual hater?”
Could it be because, as Crowder notes in the video, “You’re still killed in virtually every Muslim country for being gay.”

This fails as a false comparison fallacy; unlike Oregon, Michigan public accommodations laws have no provision for sexual orientation – business owners are at liberty in that state to refuse service to gay patrons.

Here's the cake your lawyers ordered me to bake for you.....go ahead.....eat it.
And here we see what this is really about – the unwarranted hatred of gay Americans common to many on the right.

And here we see what this is really about – the unwarranted hatred of gay Americans common to many on the right.
Yes, as opposed to the hatred of Christians by the left. Stop targeting citizens, live and let live, and we'll all be better off.

Yes, as opposed to the hatred of Christians by the left. Stop targeting citizens, live and let live, and we'll all be better off.

You do realize don't you that most "on the left" are Christians as well? Some 70% of this country are Christian...I'm sure even someone who is likely 12 can do that math, yes?

This fails as a false comparison fallacy; unlike Oregon, Michigan public accommodations laws have no provision for sexual orientation – business owners are at liberty in that state to refuse service to gay patrons.
Oh snap! How about that!

You are sooooooo persecuted. If only the majority of Lefties and Americans for that matter were Christian, you wouldn't be so persecuted anymore.

You do realize don't you that most "on the left" are Christians as well? Some 70% of this country are Christian...I'm sure even someone who is likely 12 can do that math, yes?
Yes. I'm sure. So you're saying we're a Christian nation.

You are sooooooo persecuted. If only the majority of Lefties and Americans for that matter were Christian, you wouldn't be so persecuted anymore.
Likewise. You're soooooo persecuted. Sue the bastards because your rights have been violated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back