State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol...pretty pathetic...comparing the Oregon bakery with muslims now.
How come the homo mafia hasn't targeted a Muslim business?
Wait...you think this couple "targetted" that bakery? I see that you are not familiar with what happened.
I know the details very well. The business owners were deliberately targeted.
False...so you really know nothing about this case. Color me surprised.
False. I've followed this story and the pizza shop and the florist from day one of each event. All targeted and orchestrated by the homo mafia. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that there is no such thing as the homo mafia, huh.
Well..that's a lie...if you'd followed this story you would have known they were long time customers...one of the women's mother had gotten her wedding cake there and there was no issue until the "husband" stepped in. How come you are unaware of that?

Wait...you think this couple "targetted" that bakery? I see that you are not familiar with what happened.
False. I've followed this story and the pizza shop and the florist from day one of each event. All targeted and orchestrated by the homo mafia. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that there is no such thing as the homo mafia, huh.
Well..that's a lie...if you'd followed this story you would have known they were long time customers...one of the women's mother had gotten her wedding cake there and there was no issue until the "husband" stepped in. How come you are unaware of that?
I never said they were not previous customers. Means nothing. I said they were targeted and I stand by that. Show me about the husband. Go ahead.

Well, c'mon. Show me your information about the husband.

Ah, you found the chink in the armor. A horseshit cake would have totally worked.

Yeah, to get them thrown in jail a lot faster than for breaking the law by refusing service then refusing to pay the fine. I like that "cutting out the middle man" waste...send 'em right to jail. :lol:
Why don't you go to a Muslim bakery and demand a homo wedding cake. Cowards.

By targeting a single business precedence has been set for all, regardless of their religion. And since there are many, many more Christians in this country the odds are it will be Christian bigots as opposed to Muslim bigots who have their day in court.
Personally I would not want to buy a cake from someone that disapproves of Indians... And how good could that cake really be if the people dissapproved me.
A reasonable person would go to someone else WHO DOES NOT DISAPPROVE OF THEM!!! Duh!!! I guess stupid is as stupid does is relevant in this case.

But, then again I am not a control freak... Libertarian here. Hate the sin not the sinner.

Come to think about it, I think it's an insult to equate a choice(gay) with a race even though admittedly the whole "race is everything" thing is far too overblown by about a dozen times or more.

I have bigger fish to fry than race and gender choice... Like selling more guns and ammo

Hashtag thought police

I never said they were not previous customers. Means nothing. I said they were targeted and I stand by that. Show me about the husband. Go ahead.
Nice backtrack...you really trying to cover for your initial lie.

Why don't you go to a Muslim bakery and demand a homo wedding cake. Cowards.
The media targeted that bakery... Selective outrage.

Hashtag straw-man
Nope...nice try.
The bleeding hearts have no shame...

Show me your information on the husband, liar.

C'mon you lying corrupt trash, show me your information on the husband.

Cry me a river...actually read this entire thread. And stop lying about knowing what happened.

Cry me a river...actually read this entire thread. And stop lying about knowing what happened.
You brought up the husband as being the problem and you lied. Filthy leftist propaganda parrot.

You brought up the husband as being the problem and you lied. Filthy leftist propaganda parrot.
Nope..I didn't lie at all...it was the husband who rejected them after the wife had already set up an appointment. He even pulled out his bible and referred to Leviticus...I thought Christians...real Christians don't go by Leviticus anymore.

So the ACLU had to decide who's butt hurt is more viable, and they picked your side. Congrats.

Its great the ACLU has gone from protecting all civil rights to attacking those it finds wrong, similar to its position on the 2nd amendment.

I doubt the current version would protect the Nazis in Skokie.

What? That may have made sense in your head, but when you put it on paper...not so much.

Bigots tried for religious exemptions during desegregation. Should they have succeeded? They didn't, BTW.

That discrimination was systemic and economic in nature, relegating an entire class of people to 2nd class citizen status. It cannot be compared to a couple needing to find another baker for their wedding, now matter how much you try to equate the two.

Lame dodge. Why should anti gay bigots get religious exemptions we don't give racist bigots? Why do you believe one "deeply held belief" should be exempt while others are not?

either bigot should not be given an exemption if the discrimination is systemic or widespread, or impacts time sensitive or necessary services (especially time sensitive AND necessary services.

So a hotel can't deny a room because "I don't like/believe X", but they should be able to say "sorry, we don't cater that type of wedding" as long as their are easily obtainable and comparable services readily available.

And who determines easily obtainable and readily available?

In your world only some bigots get to discriminate. If you're the only anti gay/racist baker in town, you're "screwed". It works much better under the current rules where nobody gets to put up this sign;

4119nucDsuL.jpg

It works better FOR YOU, because you get force people to do things, which is of course, your goal all along.

It's pretty easy to determine systemic vs. non-systemic, that's what we have courts for.

It works better FOR YOU, because you get force people to do things, which is of course, your goal all along.

It's pretty easy to determine systemic vs. non-systemic, that's what we have courts for.

They took this to a court, and a court found they had violated the law, so I'm not seeing what the problem is here.

Look, the Kleins were in the wrong and they could have resolved this with an apology. Instead they escalated it and got slapped down hard.

Not working up a lot of sympathy for them.

You seem to love it when people you disagree with get the same treatment, your concern seems hollow.

Not wanting to bake a cake does not equal getting fired or beating people up. and you beat something by convincing people of stuff, not by forcing them. Plus people are entitled to their opinions in this country, and entitled to live their lives as they see fit as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. You want everyone to be just. like. you, and worse, you want government to force them to comply.

And ive already stated that it should be all or none, when it comes to non essential non timely services.

I have no interest in "convincing" the Christian Funditards of anything. IF they want to take their hatred and their sexual insecurities in the closet, they are welcome to do so. IF they bring it out in public, HR will be having a word with them.

the thing was, their homophobia DID harm someone else. That's why they are paying 135 Large right now. Heh, heh, heh...

Oh, I don't want them to be like me. I want them to be crushed. I want them worried that their CHurch will get branded a hate group and lose their tax exemptions. I want them to get nasty stares from their family members at Thanksgiving when they start ranting about "da Queers". I want these people to be utterly ostracized the way that assholes who put on Nazi Uniforms and Klan Robes are.

It's not enough to defeat you. We've already done that. I want to utterly crush their spirits as a personal thank you for getting Bush elected to a second term he didn't have to steal.

Hurt feelings is not harm. If you can't deal with religion in public, YOU should be the one hiding in your house.

and your hatred of anything not like you is noted. YOU are the bigot. and now YOU want to be Bull Connors, congrats.

You keep making the Fascist label I throw at you 100% applicable.

Kindly go play in traffic.

They took this to a court, and a court found they had violated the law, so I'm not seeing what the problem is here.

Look, the Kleins were in the wrong and they could have resolved this with an apology. Instead they escalated it and got slapped down hard.

Not working up a lot of sympathy for them.

Of course you have no sympathy for them. They don't agree with you, and by your previous posts, they must be destroyed.

You are closer to the people that put Jews on Trains than the people that marched on D.C. for racial equality. Congrats.

Hurt feelings is not harm. If you can't deal with religion in public, YOU should be the one hiding in your house.

Isn't a matter of hurt feelings. They broke the law.

and your hatred of anything not like you is noted. YOU are the bigot. and now YOU want to be Bull Connors, congrats.

You keep making the Fascist label I throw at you 100% applicable.

Kindly go play in traffic.

Not at all. Religion is evil. Religion has never done anything good in the whole of human history.

It needs to be challenged, particularly when it is hateful, like this.

If a church continues to promote homophobia, then they need to lose their tax exemption, just like churches that promote racism do.

Of course you have no sympathy for them. They don't agree with you, and by your previous posts, they must be destroyed.

You are closer to the people that put Jews on Trains than the people that marched on D.C. for racial equality. Congrats.

Uh, yeah, making them take money for a service they advertised and promised to do is JUST like the Holocaust. No really!

Do you realize how absurd you sound.

Here's the thing. This is a dispute between a vendor and a consumer. These things should always be resolved in the favor of the consumer unless there is a compelling reason for the vendor.

"My Imaginary Fairy In the Sky Said So" is not a compelling reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back