Speak English

Fuck it, what's so special about hispancis that they get all of these accomodations and signs. I want signs put up in Yiddish. That's what my ancestors spoke. except they had to be bothered to learn english. So hispanics get special treatment, and I'm being discriminated against as a result.

You mean in countries like Canada where the country is close to splitting up because Quebec insists on special treatment?
I can't believe we're still hearing this kind of crap with regard to Spanish. It's a bona fide American language, whether anyone likes it or not. It's the main language of Puerto Rico and when it becomes a state the last vestige of "otherness" will have to drop away. So, get used to it.
English is taught in every school in Puerto Rico. They all speak English...

...as a second language. Make PR a state and there'll be no question any longer that Spanish is an American(US) language.

Your claim is meaningless.

Whatever, as I said nobody cares what you have to say. I'll settle for my post being FACTUAL. How about you trying to post one of those for a change? :cool-45:

You keep saying nobody cares about what I post, yet you keep responding to them. Your actions speak louder than your words.

The bottom line is that multi-culturalism, or "diversity" as leftwing drones like to call it, is not good for a society. it's a constant source of strife and conflict as each culture seeks to impose it's norms on the rest of the country. That's what history shows.

The bottom line is that multi-culturalism, or "diversity" as leftwing drones like to call it, is not good for a society.

Both on macro and individual levels.

When we lower standards for certain people, we hurt them by making them less valuable and competitive. People who can't communicate effectively, for example, will have a far more difficult task in finding and keeping top jobs. How are we "helping" them by isolating them from both society AND the better jobs?

Fuck it, what's so special about hispancis that they get all of these accomodations and signs. I want signs put up in Yiddish. That's what my ancestors spoke. except they had to be bothered to learn english. So hispanics get special treatment, and I'm being discriminated against as a result.

You mean in countries like Canada where the country is close to splitting up because Quebec insists on special treatment?
I can't believe we're still hearing this kind of crap with regard to Spanish. It's a bona fide American language, whether anyone likes it or not. It's the main language of Puerto Rico and when it becomes a state the last vestige of "otherness" will have to drop away. So, get used to it.
English is taught in every school in Puerto Rico. They all speak English...

...as a second language. Make PR a state and there'll be no question any longer that Spanish is an American(US) language.

Your claim is meaningless.

Whatever, as I said nobody cares what you have to say. I'll settle for my post being FACTUAL. How about you trying to post one of those for a change? :cool-45:

You keep saying nobody cares about what I post, yet you keep responding to them
. Your actions speak louder than your words.

The bottom line is that multi-culturalism, or "diversity" as leftwing drones like to call it, is not good for a society. it's a constant source of strife and conflict as each culture seeks to impose it's norms on the rest of the country. That's what history shows.

Does that bother you? You know how much I care? :9:

Just want to give everyone a heads up that you're a time-waster. Who needs someone who'd rather name-call than give legitimate arguments? You made your own bed. Quit blaming others for your own mistakes.

Those are just terms used by the left to encourage division by describing something in the manner they wish it to be. The fact is that there have always been many languages, peoples, religions, and cultures in the US and there always will be. No political orientation or policies necessarily follow from that observation. The left is trying to make it so - talk it into being so - and justify any and every political decision as if they were inseparable. Some on what should be the more rational side are playing into their hands by agonizing over their terms.

It is? That's news to me.
It is time for the USA to make English as our official language.

It is? That's news to me.
It is time for the USA to make English as our official language.

That's not going to happen and would be a waste of time anyway.

Yah, it's an American language, no doubt. America, named for an Italian mapmaker (?) who never set foot here. Well, it's a funny world.

The resistance to recognizing Spanish in N. Am is that then, you'd have to look @ the Native People's languages & cultures, & decide whether to recognize them or not. & once you recognize them, you have to wonder what became of them, & their speakers & their culture. Which makes our heads hurt, thank you v. much, & hey, it's time for a McMeal!

So no, I expect we'll have this rear guard action right up until the end of time - & given the way K-12 civics/history books are written, for @ least a generation after that, too.
:blahblah:
This is America. We speak English. If you can't grasp that, you know where the door is. There is no reason why we should accomodate those that can't speak English. It's all part of that assimilation thing. Speak English or leave!

Puerto Rico will likely become a state and Spanish is the main language there. I'm afraid your attitude just won't cut it. Learn Spanish or get left behind.
Puerto Rico a state? Ok..This ought to be good.
Go ahead and explain that one.
Attitude? Oh, I get it. You lefties have declared English as your new politically incorrect thingy?
Hey fucko....while you are here wringing your hands and pissing your panties over the wisdom of using Spanish, the rest of the industrialized world has established that English is the international language of commerce, industry and education.
For example.....A few years ago the World Science Conference was to be held in Paris. According to French law, all official communication was to be in French. The organizers protested and threatened to pull the event from Paris because English is the common language of the scientific community. As it should be.
The French government quickly relented.
All international air travel communications between aircraft and aircraft to ground are mandated to be in English. All pilots and crew on international flights are required to be proficient in English.
Tell ya what....You go learn Spanish...Ok? Good. BYE

If Puerto Rico becomes a state, then they will just have to learn English. The whole nation isn't going to change to accommodate them.

We already have Spanish versions of just about everything. In the future it's the people that can't speak both that are going to be cleaning the toilets. Who's going to hire someone for an executive position, if they can't speak to the customers and workers?
That's why they have to be proficient in English. Otherwise, they are shit out of luck.
Look, you are here pulling people's chains. Cut the shit.

Puerto Rico will likely become a state and Spanish is the main language there. I'm afraid your attitude just won't cut it. Learn Spanish or get left behind.

Puerto Rico a state? Ok..This ought to be good.
Go ahead and explain that one.
Attitude? Oh, I get it. You lefties have declared English as your new politically incorrect thingy?
Hey fucko....while you are here wringing your hands and pissing your panties over the wisdom of using Spanish, the rest of the industrialized world has established that English is the international language of commerce, industry and education.
For example.....A few years ago the World Science Conference was to be held in Paris. According to French law, all official communication was to be in French. The organizers protested and threatened to pull the event from Paris because English is the common language of the scientific community. As it should be.
The French government quickly relented.
All international air travel communications between aircraft and aircraft to ground are mandated to be in English. All pilots and crew on international flights are required to be proficient in English.
Tell ya what....You go learn Spanish...Ok? Good. BYE[/QUOTE]

Regardless of what you may think, your attitude is nothing more than the rankest jingoism. IMO, in the future there will only be 3 languages worth knowing, English, Spanish and Chinese. If you want to summarily trash one of them, you're no better than the people who didn't think they needed to learn algebra because "I'll never use it". It's a know-nothing attitude that goes a long way towards showing why American education is losing ground. People like to blame it on the teachers and unions, but the real cause is much more basic, the home.

The post I'm answering is prima facie evidence of what I'm talking about.

If Hoosier 88 is right we have been conquered and subjugated by the victors. We have to learn their language like all the other conquered peoples had to learn the language. That's what you meant right?

If Hoosier 88 is right we have been conquered and subjugated by the victors. We have to learn their language like all the other conquered peoples had to learn the language. That's what you meant right?
We have to learn their language? Are you effing serious? Have you ever set foot outside the United States? People all over the world are bilingual. People in Europe often speak 3 or 4 languages. People speak the language of their neighbors for one thing. Mexico and Latin America are our neighbors. The US has large populations of Hispanics. Yet the knuckle draggers in the US refuse to even consider learning Spanish. Shows the character of such people. It's not because you are threatened by speaking another language: it's because you are too lazy to bother and too xenophobic to want to. Pitiful. Just plain pitiful. Milliions of people non-native to English speaking countries speak English, all over the world. Do you have any idea how provincial it makes Americans look that they refuse to acknowledge maybe they should learn at least one other language? IMO, Spanish should be a required second language in American school, just like English is a required second language in countries around the world.

Last edited:

Which is exactly why i'm taking my money and bailing on this country for retirement.
You're going to see a lot of that in the future. Just like jobs leaving America for cheap labor,retire'es will be doing the same for a cheaper cost of living.

Which is exactly why i'm taking my money and bailing on this country for retirement.
You're going to see a lot of that in the future. Just like jobs leaving America for cheap labor,retire'es will be doing the same for a cheaper cost of living.

Where to, South America? Watch out, you may have to learn Latin, danny boy.

No, don't wait. If you delay, all the good spots will be taken. Better hurry up and get the fuck out of my country right away. It's not like you were an American in the first place.

Have you ever set foot outside the United States? ...

Ah, the favorite chant of the pretentious douche... :rolleyes:

According to protocol, you must now ask incredulously if she has a passport.

That's about as pretentious as asking someone if they graduated the third grade. What's more pretentious than believing what we do here is the be all and end all. That's the attitude that should have you up in arms.

No, don't wait. If you delay, all the good spots will be taken. Better hurry up and get the fuck out of my country right away. It's not like you were an American in the first place.

Suck it slope. I've supported this country long enough,only to have it turn on me and support illegals.

Where to, South America? Watch out, you may have to learn Latin, danny boy.

Never heard of American enclaves...why am I not surprised.
You should be really pissed,or is it jealous,at all those thousands of Americans that have done the same thing before me.

Forum List

Back