Something to think about

Kathianne said:
Seriously, how in the world would you or anyone convince me that my 'dying' would save the world? I would laugh, harder than you do at the idea of a "God."

It's just a hypothetical. Why not answer it?

We all get it powerman. Anyone would do what jesus did. He's really no big deal. Blah blah.

Powerman said:
It's just a hypothetical. Why not answer it?
Because I can't. If you are asking me right now, to die, to save 'mankind.' The answer is NO.

To die for people you know and love is one thing. To die for the child molesters, the rapists, the murderers, and even the guy who cut me off this morning and then gave me the finger, is quite another. That magnitude of love and forgiveness is supernatural.

Kathianne said:
Because I can't. If you are asking me right now, to die, to save 'mankind.' The answer is NO.

So you would die to save your children. But you wouldn't die to save all of mankind which would include your children? That doesn't make any sense to me.

The only difference between this and saving your children is that you would also be saving more people. The logic doesn't add up.

Powerman said:
So you would die to save your children. But you wouldn't die to save all of mankind which would include your children? That doesn't make any sense to me.

The only difference between this and saving your children is that you would also be saving more people. The logic doesn't add up.
My kids and me, at the point of a gun. Yes. My students and me in the same circumstance, yes. The facualty and me in the same circumstance, no.

Kathianne said:
My kids and me, at the point of a gun. Yes. My students and me in the same circumstance, yes. The facualty and me in the same circumstance, no.

But the scenario that I brought up would include your children and your students. If everyone is included obviously they would be included as well. Are you taking any drugs today because you're completely missing the concept here.

Powerman said:
But the scenario that I brought up would include your children and your students. If everyone is included obviously they would be included as well. Are you taking any drugs today because you're completely missing the concept here.

No. Your scenario includes the 'world'. No individuals. I wouldn't consider my 'sacrifice' better than those next to me. I wouldn't step up. Christ did, and with this I'm done.

Kathianne said:
No. Your scenario includes the 'world'. No individuals. I wouldn't consider my 'sacrifice' better than those next to me. I wouldn't step up. Christ did, and with this I'm done.

*beats head against the wall

But the point is the world INCLUDES those next to you. How in the name of Buddha can this concept escape you?

This is almost as silly as you telling me that the Doctrine of Double Effect is not a Doctrine. I'm starting to wonder about you girl.

Abbey Normal said:
To die for people you know and love is one thing. To die for the child molesters, the rapists, the murderers, and even the guy who cut me off this morning and then gave me the finger, is quite another. That magnitude of love and forgiveness is supernatural.

And yet there is Hell? If one is capable of such forgiveness than why is hell neccesary.

Abbey Normal said:
He died precisely because there is a Hell. To save those of us who repent, from it.

But you already knew that, didn't you?

So you wouldn't be dying for rapists and child molestors who didn't repent. They will be taken care of on judgement day. So why wouldn't you do the same thing that Jesus did?

Powerman said:
*beats head against the wall

But the point is the world INCLUDES those next to you. How in the name of Buddha can this concept escape you?

This is almost as silly as you telling me that the Doctrine of Double Effect is not a Doctrine. I'm starting to wonder about you girl.

I guess it is a good thing that I wasn't awaiting your endorsement for anything! :laugh: I hope that thing with your head didn't kill the braincell or two that were working.

Kathianne said:
I guess it is a good thing that I wasn't awaiting your endorsement for anything! :laugh: I hope that thing with your head didn't kill the braincell or two that were working.

This coming from the person who can't figure out that if you save everyone in the world you also save the people you love because they are included in everyone. Also coming from the person who claims that the Doctrine of Double Effect is in fact not a doctrine. I don't feel in the least bit insulted considering the source. If anything it's probably a testament to my intelligence that you think I'm stupid.

Powerman said:
This coming from the person who can't figure out that if you save everyone in the world you also save the people you love because they are included in everyone. Also coming from the person who claims that the Doctrine of Double Effect is in fact not a doctrine. I don't feel in the least bit insulted considering the source. If anything it's probably a testament to my intelligence that you think I'm stupid.

Jeez! You're like a cross between a Pit Bull Terrier and a Chihuahua. You won't let go and the yapping never stops. :teeth:

She answered your question several times already.

MissileMan said:
Jeez! You're like a cross between a Pit Bull Terrier and a Chihuahua. You won't let go and the yapping never stops. :teeth:

She answered your question several times already.

She was answering her own question. She obviously did not understand the question I posed.

Or maybe the answer is so illogical that it is making my head explode.

Scenario #1: She says she would die to save her kids

Scenario#2: She refuses to die to save her kids because now she will also be saving other people.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

Powerman said:
She was answering her own question. She obviously did not understand the question I posed.

Or maybe the answer is so illogical that it is making my head explode.

Scenario #1: She says she would die to save her kids

Scenario#2: She refuses to die to save her kids because now she will also be saving other people.

Does that make any sense to anyone?
When MM implies you are being an asshat, your really should listen. I'm done with you. You bought my good feelings due to the death of your friend, but that is over now. You are a jerk. :trolls:

Kathianne said:
When MM implies you are being an asshat, your really should listen. I'm done with you. You bought my good feelings due to the death of your friend, but that is over now. You are a jerk. :trolls:

I'm not a jerk. I'm just stating what you said. It makes no sense. None whatsoever. I tend to agree with Missile on some things but I'm not going to lose sleep if he thinks I'm an asshat. I could really care less what he thinks.

Powerman said:
I'm not a jerk. I'm just stating what you said. It makes no sense. None whatsoever. I tend to agree with Missile on some things but I'm not going to lose sleep if he thinks I'm an asshat. I could really care less what he thinks.

and us, you.

Forum List

Back