For those who pray

Powerman

Jul 23, 2005
This sucks more than anything I can possibly imagine.

Many of you on this board know who I am. And many of you despise me and I have no problem with that. We each have our own opinions. Earlier I got into it with a couple of the members here but nothing too serious. I said in one of the threads that I was going out to enjoy a few drinks and meet up with some friends. Unfortunately I have terrilbe news. My friend Ricky died in a motorcycle accident. You all know that I'm not a religious person but if you would wish to send some prayers his way it would be deeply appreciated.

I will happily admit I am drowning in tears here. All of your prayers are deeply appreciated.

God bless all of you here. And thank you for your prayers.

Powerman said:

Many of you on this board know who I am. And many of you despise me and I have no problem with that. We each have our own opinions. Earlier I got into it with a couple of the members here but nothing too serious. I said in one of the threads that I was going out to enjoy a few drinks and meet up with some friends. Unfortunately I have terrilbe news. My friend Ricky died in a motorcycle accident. You all know that I'm not a religious person but if you would wish to send some prayers his way it would be deeply appreciated.

I will happily admit I am drowning in tears here. All of your prayers are deeply appreciated.

You're right, nothing too serious. I am very sorry for the loss of your friend and will pray for him and comfort for you.

Very difficult situation to deal with. It's my prayer God finds a way to bring you into a place of peace and comfort. Very tragic story indeed.

:(

RIP Ricky.

Powerman,

What a terrible thing to have happen at ANY time, let alone so close to the holdiays. I hope that you have people to be with while you are going through this, and you and your friend will certainly be in my thoughts.

There are certain times with opinions and disagreements don't mean anything.

This is one of them.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend's family.

GotZoom said:
There are certain times with opinions and disagreements don't mean anything.

This is one of them.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend's family.

Zoom said it very well. I am very sorry. I will pray for your friend's family and for your comfort as well.

I will pray that peace will come to all of those affected by his death. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Same thing happened to me last Thanksgiving, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I walked around for three days after that disconnected from the world, like I was viewing the whole thing through a window. My prayers go out to you and your friend.

Mr. P said:
Sorry about your friend, how old was he?

He was 27. Way too young to go. Or apparently not. I just hate it when people go so young. It's tough enough with the elderly but it's just awful with the younger people.

Hobbit said:
Same thing happened to me last Thanksgiving, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I walked around for three days after that disconnected from the world, like I was viewing the whole thing through a window. My prayers go out to you and your friend.

About 2 years ago the same thing happened to me as well. This guy I know got into a head on collision with a big rig and was killed instantly. Right before Thanksgiving.

It's terrible to see people go young.

Powerman said:
You all know that I'm not a religious person but if you would wish to send some prayers his way it would be deeply appreciated.

I, too, am sorry to learn of the untimely death of your friend; and I am sorry that you are not a religious person and do not have the comfort of knowing that one day you will see your friend again in the spiritual realm. Since you imply in your post that you know that the prayers of good people can have good results, I would encourage you to take Avatar 4321’s advise and let this tragedy be the impetus that causes you to get in touch with and explore your relationship with God.

Powerman said:

It always intrigues me how tragety brings people closer to the Lord, even non-believers.

I would suggest powerman that you do some talking to the Lord yourself. He listens to everyone, believer and non-believers alike.

And I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, and I'd be glad to pray for everyone affected by his death.

Forum List

Back