Something (easy) you can do to support the Marines

Discussion in 'Military' started by Doug, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I was sent this by a Marine Vietnam vet, and it seems like a good idea to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    US Marine Colonel Simcock, commander of USMC Regimental Combat Team (RCT) 6 in Iraq, is asking for 6,000 positive emails to his Marines. That’s one email for each Marine in his RCT command. These emails would help counteract the negative barrage that the Marines receive via electronic media. So far, they’ve only mustered 2,000 emails. It won’t take long. Here’s the email address:

RCT-6lettersfromh@gcemnf-wiraq.usmc.mil

Click on the address, write your message and hit “send”. It doesn’t have to be long, just something to show support for our troops. It means a lot to them.

In an interview, COL. Simcock said:

“...the one thing that all Marines want to know about -- and that includes me and everyone within Regimental Combat Team 6 -- we want to know that the American public are behind us. We believe that the actions that we're taking over here are very, very important to America. We're fighting a group of people that, if they could, would take away the freedoms that America enjoys.

... you know, just sit down, jot us -- throw us an e- mail, write us a letter, let us know that the American public are behind us. Because we watch the news just like everyone else. It's broadcast over here in our chow halls and the weight rooms, and we watch that stuff, and we're a little bit concerned sometimes that America really doesn't know what's going on over here, and we get sometimes concerns that the American public isn't behind us and doesn't see the importance of what's going on.

So... I think that all Marines, soldiers and sailors would like to hear from back home, that in fact, yes, they think what we're doing over here is important and they are in fact behind us.”

Please take the time to support the Marines that are deployed. It doesn’t take much, but could mean a lot.

Thanks for your time!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I will support them by demanding they be removed from a political and sectarian war for which they never bargained for and for which their CIC has never and will never understand.

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,941
    I sent an E-mail.

4. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Just one?

Wouldn't 165,000 be better? Maybe just 10 0r 12? Get off your lazy ass and DEMAND WAR as you intimate, rgs.

5. DiogenesDog

DiogenesDog Zen Bonobo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I sent one and invited several of my mail list friends to do the same.

I AM

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Done.