So, when Obama says climate change is a fact.....

They cannot even admit that there are scams in the name of the environment.

Does that mean they still buy carbon credits?

Did they ever buy carbon credits?

Well, if it is not a scam, that means that it really does help the planet. Well, if it is not a scam, and truly "helps the planet," why wouldn't they buy have bought them, and why would they stop buying them?

Perhaps that is the reason there has been a cooling trend, which made the commiecrats change the term to "climate change." Just not sure here. Their bullshit, and their hypocrisy and double talk sure as hell confuse me. If I did not know any better, I think they confuse each other.

In this thread, they are saying climate change is the same. Many of them said it is different. What we do know for sure is man made global warming is not a fact, and climate change is a fact.

Case closed. We were right all along. Just, just deal with it.

Let me know what your carbon footprint is, and I will be waiting for you schmucks to tell me how many carbon credits you purchased, and if whether or not that has made improvements.

LOL!!!!

Slapping the ever living shit out of the liberals with pure logic.

Well, if it is not a scam, that means that it really does help the planet. Well, if it is not a scam, and truly "helps the planet," why wouldn't they buy have bought them, and why would they stop buying them?

Perhaps that is the reason there has been a cooling trend, which made the commiecrats change the term to "climate change." Just not sure here. Their bullshit, and their hypocrisy and double talk sure as hell confuse me. If I did not know any better, I think they confuse each other.

In this thread, they are saying climate change is the same. Many of them said it is different. What we do know for sure is man made global warming is not a fact, and climate change is a fact.

Let me know what your carbon footprint is, and I will be waiting for you schmucks to tell me how many carbon credits you purchased, and if whether or not that has made improvements.

LOL!!!!

Without evidence you're nothing but a troll and nothing you've posted has been supported by facts. That you think you've won is another example of an immature and dishonest troll.

LOL!!!!

Without evidence you're nothing but a troll and nothing you've posted has been supported by facts. That you think you've won is another example of an immature and dishonest troll.

No, everything I said is a fact. Including MAN MADE global warming not being a fact.

You have no proof what so ever that MAN MADE global warming is a fact. Nothing. Nada. Not one thing. All of it is mere speculation and many of the green movements have been nothing but scams.

The fact that the scams have been GOVERNMENT SPONSORED ought to enlighten you a little bit. It apparently does not enlighten you at all. Instead you spew shit like me being a troll. In the mean time you not answering whether or not you ever purchased carbon credits speaks volumes.

You cannot even admit that there are scams. You then ignore the notion of the CARBON FOOTPRINTS promulgated by Gore. You simply ignore it. Do not think I have not noticed it.

You then turn to the notion that IT IS ME that is a troll. No, what I have done is illuminated the fact that MAN MADE global warming is not a fact. The liberals on this thread said they are the same thing, AND that they are different. Again, both sides of the issue, and act as though you are not taking on both sides.

I will be waiting for to tell me whether or not the carbon footprint thing is a scam. If it is not a scam, let us know what your footprint is, and how much money you have spent on carbon credits, and whether or not it has worked.

You call me a fool? You call me a troll. I have totally ruined your argument, cause I managed to put you into a corner that you cannot get out of. Oh, you will laugh and act like you have actually made your case. You haven't.

Well, are carbon footprints propagated by Gore a scam?

You cannot debate me anymore. Go ahead, call me a troll and get your pats on your back from the rest of the brainwashed assholes that will not answer whether or not they have purchased carbon credits.

In case you want to, you can purchase your carbon credits here.

reduce carbon footprint with carbon offsets

tumblr_mam5rgPbCS1rdns3wo1_400.gif

LOL!!!!

The guy supplied a well thought out opinion, not proved, but certainly doesn't meet the standard of a troll. It was an opinion.

LOL!!!!

The guy supplied a well thought out opinion, not proved, but certainly doesn't meet the standard of a troll. It was an opinion.

His opinion, sans any toleration of the opinion of others, makes him a troll. His use of Red Herrings and the Straw Man makes him a troll.

Look back on my posts, never did I claim Climate Change was a product of man, exclusively. But efforts by ecologists to reduce pollution do effect local conditions, i.e. Acid Rain and Smog. Efforts by government to control pollutants has had a powerful effect - we have cleaner air and cleaner water than we did in the 1960's.

Going hand in hand, reducing Carbon into the environment cannot be a bad thing; IF man contributes to the warming of the oceans and Climate Change taking action today is a good thing for the Earth and all who reside here (unless one is a polluter who puts profit over people, plants and animals; or a troll who has been brainwashed by the massive propaganda campaign).

His opinion, sans any toleration of the opinion of others, makes him a troll. His use of Red Herrings and the Straw Man makes him a troll.

Look back on my posts, never did I claim Climate Change was a product of man, exclusively. But efforts by ecologists to reduce pollution do effect local conditions, i.e. Acid Rain and Smog. Efforts by government to control pollutants has had a powerful effect - we have cleaner air and cleaner water than we did in the 1960's.

I've looked at lots of your posts, all over the forum.

They're chock-full of intolerance, red herrings, straw men and plain old meanness.

Guess that, by your own stated standards, makes you a troll, doesn't it? :lol:

Last edited:

Going hand in hand, reducing Carbon into the environment cannot be a bad thing; IF man contributes to the warming of the oceans and Climate Change taking action today is a good thing for the Earth and all who reside here (unless one is a polluter who puts profit over people, plants and animals; or a troll who has been brainwashed by the massive propaganda campaign).

More hypocritical bullshit from the group of the most intolerant assholes on earth. The left wing know it alls.

Well, are there any green scams in the name of improving the environment? Is AL Gore a snake oils salesman?

You not answering those things is not lost on anyone. Especially me.

Pollution and man made global warming, are also totally different things. Climate change is also different. There is no consensus among climatologists about MAN MADE global warming. Especially when it comes to the degree of the influence.

That is also fact. You saying man is the MAIN cause is the lie. The fact that governments have been concerted in blaming MAN, and the fact the so many scams have been government sponsored is what is lost on your warped, know it all hippy, mind.

You still cannot even admit there are ANY scams. You cannot even bring yourself to at least admit there are indeed scams.

I will be waiting for you to tell me the amount of money you spent on carbon credits. If you are saying that is not a scam, that means you are saying that it indeed helps the planet. Why have people stopped purchasing those carbon credits. Why are you avoiding this?

You can call me a troll, ignorant, or what ever other thing that makes you acceptable in the eyes of the other starry eyed brainwashed sheep friends on the left. The fact that you cannot or WILL not answer those things, clearly means you are spinning your tires, in the little corner I have shoved you in. All with nothing other than logical questions that you avoid.

Now, sit there....and wonder just how in the hell you have been put into that corner you reside.

They're chock-full of intolerance, red herrings, straw men and plain old meanness.

Calling someone an immature asshole isn't a sign of intolerance, in cases where I used that is was well earned. I refer you to this link, in my never ending effort to edify those in need.

Informal Fallacies : Department of Philosophy : Texas State University

More hypocritical bullshit from the group of the most intolerant assholes on earth. The left wing know it alls.

Well, are there any green scams in the name of improving the environment? Is AL Gore a snake oils salesman?

Pollution and man made global warming, are also totally different things. Climate change is also different. There is no consensus among climatologists about MAN MADE global warming. Especially when it comes to the degree of the influence.

That is also fact. You saying man is the MAIN cause is the lie. The fact that governments have been concerted in blaming MAN, and the fact the so many scams have been government sponsored is what is lost on your warped, know it all hippy, mind.

You still cannot even admit there are ANY scams. You cannot even bring yourself to at least admit there are indeed scams.

I will be waiting for you to tell me the amount of money you spent on carbon credits. If you are saying that is not a scam, that means you are saying that it indeed helps the planet. Why have people stopped purchasing those carbon credits. Why are you avoiding this?

You can call me a troll, ignorant, or what ever other thing that makes you acceptable in the eyes of the other starry eyed brainwashed sheep friends on the left. The fact that you cannot or WILL not answer those things, clearly means you are spinning your tires, in the little corner I have shoved you in. All with nothing other than logical questions that you avoid.

Now, sit there....and wonder just how in the hell you have been put into that corner you reside.

Don't tell me I need to research the "scams" you allege, it's you job to provide evidence to support your opinion. If you were honest, which you most definitely are not, you would post an example or two of a "Scam". I don't doubt there have been some, given the ethos of corporate America. But writing there are and not providing supporting evidence suggests you weren't a very good student in high school, and likely never passed a college level course in Reading and Composition.

Stop being an immature asshole and prove your posts have substance.

Calling someone an immature asshole isn't a sign of intolerance, in cases where I used that is was well earned. I refer you to this link, in my never ending effort to edify those in need.

Yeah, cause no one on the left ever calls someone an asshole. Yet, interestingly enough, you never point out these facts about them, now that your little delicate sensibilities have been all offended.

Do any of you left wing assholes, have any control over how hypocritical you allow yourselves to get?

Meanwhile I am still waiting for you to deny there are no government sponsored green scams, that create huge wind fall profits.

Do you deny this? Or, do you really think every single green business, that has been supported by world governments, have all been legit?

Your avoidance of this subject is pretty plain and obvious. You know what the point is, and you cannot and will not answer it. We all know why too. Now, back to the notion that you will not answer it, cause I am all rude.

Don't tell me I need to research the "scams" you allege, it's you job to provide evidence to support your opinion. If you were honest, which you most definitely are not, you would post an example or two of a "Scam". I don't doubt there have been some, given the ethos of corporate America. But writing there are and not providing supporting evidence suggests you weren't a very good student in high school, and likely never passed a college level course in Reading and Composition.

Look everyone. The code "term."

"Corporate America"

They are fucking funny. Lets guess who he is talking about when he refers to "corporate America."

He wants me to prove that many of the government sponsored green programs have been scams.

The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:

Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($43 million)*
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.2 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
Abound Solar ($400 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*
Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/10/18/president-obamas-taxpayer-backed-green-energy-failures/

Watch folks. He will not accept the notion that any of these were scams.

Last edited:
Did he ever answer if he buys carbon credits? Why doesn't he buy carbon credits? WHat is his carbon footprint?

He will not answer it, will we?

Ever wonder why he is avoiding it?

tumblr_mam5rgPbCS1rdns3wo1_400.gif

If the shoe fits.

BTW, that link to fallacies is supposed to be a list of them that you should avoid, not as a how-to guide for composing posts, which is apparently how you go about things. :lol:

Yeah, cause no one on the left ever calls someone an asshole. Yet, interestingly enough, you never point out these facts about them, now that your little delicate sensibilities have been all offended.

Do any of you left wing assholes, have any control over how hypocritical you allow yourselves to get?

Meanwhile I am still waiting for you to deny there are no government sponsored green scams, that create huge wind fall profits.

Do you deny this? Or, do you really think every single green business, that has been supported by world governments, have all been legit?

Your avoidance of this subject is pretty plain and obvious. You know what the point is, and you cannot and will not answer it. We all know why too. Now, back to the notion that you will not answer it, cause I am all rude.

LOL, I'm beginning to think you're more than rude, I'll need to rule out Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Look everyone. The code "term."

"Corporate America"

They are fucking funny. Lets guess who he is talking about when he refers to "corporate America."

He wants me to prove that many of the government sponsored green programs have been scams.

The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:

Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($43 million)*
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.2 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
Abound Solar ($400 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*
Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)

Watch folks. He will not accept the notion that any of these were scams.

I have no idea if any of them are scams (have any of those listed been brought to justice?). If you posted details, I would be forced to agree, but a simple list is little more than an attempt to baffle with bullshit. Nor do I know if any of them have government loans and defaulted. A substantive response by you would have included such information with links to sources.

Here's an honest link on Green Energy, if you're not willfully ignorant and can put your biases away take a peek:

Making Green Energy Profitable: The Boom In Distributed Renewable Energy - Forbes

BTW, ENRON was a Scam and they were an example of the worst of Corporate America.

Last edited:
BTW, you failed to credit the Heritage Foundation which complied the list you posted hoping I and others would infer you had done some research. Thus I can infer you know nothing and simple parrot information from very conservative sources and in this case one supported financially by the Koch Brothers.

You're dishonest, immature, a parrot, and an asshole. But keep pretending you've boxed me in a corner, it strengthens my belief that you suffer from a Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

BTW2, Fact check: Are half of 'green' energy firms helped by stimulus out of business? - CNN.com

Looks like TheOwl is more chicken than wise.

Yeah, go ahead and keep on thinking there are no scams on behalf of the green movement. BTW, we never did get an answer. Do you buy carbon credits? Well, let me know what you paid.

Also, ENRON was actually busted and all of those companies were busted under the Bush administration. Not that you made that distinction.

Lets look at at the whole article from the Heritage Foundation shall we? Don't worry, I have a lot of other places and examples of green scams.

President Obama's Taxpayer-Backed Green Energy Failures

It is no secret that President Obama’s and green energy supporters’ (from both parties) foray into venture capitalism has not gone well. But the extent of its failure has been largely ignored by the press. Sure, single instances garner attention as they happen, but they ignore past failures in order to make it seem like a rare case.

The truth is that the problem is widespread. The government’s picking winners and losers in the energy market has cost taxpayers billions of dollars, and the rate of failure, cronyism, and corruption at the companies receiving the subsidies is substantial. The fact that some companies are not under financial duress does not make the policy a success. It simply means that our taxpayer dollars subsidized companies that would’ve found the financial support in the private market.

So far, 34 companies that were offered federal support from taxpayers are faltering — either having gone bankrupt or laying off workers or heading for bankruptcy. This list includes only those companies that received federal money from the Obama
Administration’s Department of Energy and other agencies.
The amount of money indicated does not reflect how much was actually received or spent but how much was offered. The amount also does not include other state, local, and federal tax credits and subsidies, which push the amount of money these companies have received from taxpayers even higher.

Here is another example......

Wind farms are a 'complete scam', claims the Environment Secretary who says plans for turbines are causing 'huge unhappiness' | Mail Online

Wind farms are a 'complete scam', claims the Environment Secretary who says turbines are causing 'huge unhappiness'

Owen Paterson says communities will get new powers to block turbines which are 'regarded as a complete scam'

Warns of 'huge unhappiness' across the country caused by wind farms
People who live near developments to get 20% discount on energy bills

By MATT CHORLEY, MAILONLINE POLITICAL EDITOR
PUBLISHED: 08:29 EST, 7 June 2013 | UPDATED: 10:01 EST, 7 June 2013

Wind farms have been branded a ‘complete scam’ by Environment Secretary Owen Paterson, reigniting coalition battle over green power.

As the government unveiled new powers for local residents to block turbines blighting their villages, Mr Paterson condemned many planned schemes as ‘deeply unpopular’ and causing ‘huge unhappiness’ across the country.

The outspoken remarks from a senior Tory minister in charge of environmental policy risks a furious reaction from Liberal Democrats pushing for more renewable power projects.
The Conservatives have taken a tougher line on wind farms in recent months, and this week unveiled plans to give communities a powerful ‘veto’ over controversial new onshore developments.

Schemes will have to gain local residents’ consent before a planning application can even be made, effectively handing them the power to prevent turbines being erected.

Planning rules are also to be changed so that the drive for renewable energy can no longer be used as a reason for overriding environmental and other concerns.

Mr Paterson signalled that plans for wind farms will have to take into account the impact on the countryside and views as well as the desire to save the planet.

In an extraordinary intervention at the Royal Cornwall Show yesterday, the Tory Cabinet minister said: ‘Turbines are regarded as a complete scam, but as of today we have given power to local communities to decide.

‘The criteria is now that environment and landscape will have to be taken into consideration as well as the national energy requirement.’

Under the new rules councils must look at the cumulative impact of wind turbines and reflect the effect on landscape and local facilities.

There is also a major increase promised in the amount developers pay local communities to win them over, including long-term electricity bill discounts of up to 20 per cent.
However, Mr Paterson suggested anger with many schemes would not be overcome by additional bribes.

He added: ‘I know there is huge unhappiness with some of these projects, both from what I hear nationally and from my own constituency in Shropshire.

‘There are places where these projects are well prepared, the community wants it and it will be worthwhile. But in inland areas they are very often deeply unpopular,’ the Western Morning News reported.

Leila Deen, Greenpeace energy campaigner, said: 'Wind farms may seem like a scam to a Government minister who questions the science of climate change and who’s pushing for his Shropshire constituency to be fracked for shale gas.

'The public disagrees - two thirds of people would rather have a wind turbine near their home than a fracking site.

'Onshore wind powered almost 2.5 million homes in 2011, is falling in cost and will play a key role in our future energy mix.'

Mr Paterson’s appointment to the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs last September was controversial, with allies forced to deny he was a climate change denier.

In 2007, he described wind farms as ridiculous, claiming they ‘demand vast amounts of public subsidy and do not work’.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of ?green scheme? scammers!

Beware of ‘green scheme’ scammers!
Consumers are urged to beware of scammers who call offering rebates on energy efficient initiatives or try to sell energy saving devices that don't deliver the promised energy savings.

These days we all want to save money and help the environment. Unfortunately, scammers are preying on this desire to ‘go green’ by offering fake government rebates for initiatives like solar heating and hot water, insulation and water tanks, as well as fake energy saving devices.

Scammers posing as government representatives are calling consumers and offering rebates for installing energy efficient appliances, solar panels, water tanks, new insulation and the like. The scammer will ask for bank account details or for a fee to be paid before the rebate can be processed. Unfortunately, these promised rebates never appear.

Scammers may also sell plug-in devices that they say will save large amounts of energy in the home, just by plugging them into the wall - but the saving never happens. While some companies legitimately sell energy saving devices, it is important for consumers to check the authenticity of the claims and ensure that the device is authorised to be sold in Australia, by checking for an authorisation number.

SCAMwatch warns you to watch out for ‘green scheme’ scammers. Australian Government departments will never phone or email you asking you to pay upfront amounts in order to claim a rebate. Never confirm or provide personal details over the phone or by email as you never know what the scammer will use it for. You should also never pay money upfront to receive rebates or ‘free’ money – this is advance fee fraud. If you do pay, you will never see your money again. Always check the authenticity of the claims before buying an energy efficient product.

Lets look at the top 10 global warming scams. Oldies but goodies.

From 2011.

Top 10 Environmental Scams | Human Events

In honor of Earth Day, here are the Top 10 Environmental Scams:

1. Global warming alarmism: Predictions from the early global warming alarmists that the Earth was rapidly heating, and would suffer untold damage as this trend continued, have already failed to come true. There has been no discernible warming since the mid-1990s. Coupled with Climategate’s disclosures showing bias among key scientists, and the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s laughable report predicting melting Himalayan glaciers, with no evidence to back it up, it is hard to accept the global warming alarmists’ constantly changing theories as anything other than hysteria.

2. Earth Day: Earth Day’s solutions to save the planet often include calls for stricter government environmental regulations that would strangle the economy. The Washington Times was right when it editorialized several years ago that Earth Day has “anti-business overtones and [a] message of guilt and limits. … Earth Day is a global guilt-fest that views the future with a sense of dread. … Rather than increasing their productivity, people are told to decrease their carbon footprints.”

3. Cap and trade: The cap-and-trade legislation that failed last year in a Democratic-controlled Congress was a maze of environmental regulations that would have resulted in lost jobs and an energy tax for the American people. The Heritage Foundation estimated the cap-and-trade bill would cost the economy $161 billion in 2020—$1,870 for a family of four, rising to $6,800 for a family of four by 2035.

4. Green jobs: By giving czar status to Van Jones, Obama chose an ex-Communist to come up with a plan to create green jobs. That pretty much tells you all you need to know about the economic viability of such a government-subsidized enterprise. Spain’s attempt at actualizing a green jobs revolution ended up costing the country more than $774,000 for each green job created, according to a study from King Juan Carlos University in Madrid.

5. Environment activism: Many environmental activists are as eager to denounce capitalism as they are to save the planet. Their activities are often aimed at preventing the development of abundant energy resources in the United States that would help the nation move toward energy independence.

6. Hollywood hypocrisy: The Lords of Malibu love to preach about saving Planet Earth from the evils of corporate America even while they dump tons of pollutants into the atmosphere from their high-octane cars and opulent mansions. Memo to Leonardo DiCaprio, Harrison Ford, and James Cameron: No more lectures about reducing our carbon footprint until you ground your private jets.

7. Wind power hypocrisy: Wind power is another environmental dream that has proven to be too expensive to be effective on a massive scale. And even environmentalists can’t agree on where wind projects should be located when it soils a pristine scene. Members of the Kennedy clan opposed Cape Wind, a wind energy project in Massachusetts, because it threatens the view of Nantucket Sound.

8. Carbon trading: The attempt to set up a system for trading carbon emission allowances to thwart global warming gave purveyors of alarmism a way to cash in on their hysterical ranting. Former Vice President and global warming guru Al Gore founded a private equity firm, Generation Investment Management, which trades in carbon offsets, and he made a fortune. He even purchases carbon credits from the company for his own personal use, which comes to $30,000 a year just for his posh Belle Meade mansion in Nashville, Tenn.

9. Greenwashing: Greenwashing is a term used to describe companies that use marketing to portray false claims that they are turning green. Usually these companies spend more on advertising than any real effort to save energy. The next time you see a hotel room sign promoting the reuse of towels to save the environment, recognize that it is just spin.

10. Al Gore: Al Gore transformed his movie An Inconvenient Truth into a mega-money maker (see No. 8). What is truly inconvenient about his Nobel Prize-winning film were the 11 falsehoods that it contained, as determined by a British court, including the misleading suggestion that Hurricane Katrina was caused by global warming.

Now, time for crywatch to go to a lefty website which says none of these things are scams.

He has yet to admit there is a such thing as a scam, and he has yet to tell us how much money he spent on carbon credits.

We'll add OCD to our tentative diagnosis. Nothing you post will dissuade me from my assessment that you're an immature asshole. In fact, those are your best qualities.

Forum List

Back