So I met this guy...

You could end up chopped up into little bits while he saves your lower torso to get his rocks off with.

I think that Amanda's upper body is too attractive to waste.

I'm sure there are less-attractive women that would be more suited for lower torso-only action.

Thanks... I think. :confused:

I'm dead serious, think about it. The text is the cop out for when you don't have the balls to just make the call. I would expect that from another teenager, but a 30+ year old man? He's probably timid about calling you and taking the chance by voice, which means he isn't real confident, which means he's probably lousy in bed. Eventually you're going to do the deed if you guys date long enough, do you really want a chump in the bedroom for a boyfriend?

35 years old is already too old to be hanging out in nightclubs that are frequented by teens. Imagine how long he's been prowling those places hoping for a score? You could end up chopped up into little bits while he saves your lower torso to get his rocks off with.

It wasn't like he asked me out exactly... he said he was going to the club again and I should come out and if I was going to we should meet before and have dinner and drinks. I dunno, txting just isn't a weird copout to me, everyone I know does it all the time.

Regardless, he didn't have the balls to just call and talk to you. If he likes you enough, he should WANT to talk to you. You guys have a lot to learn about each other, why waste a moment making a text for something that special? Popping the question for the first date is sacriligious, it's not something to be taken lightly by cheapening it with a fucking text message.

But this is something I wouldn't really expect teenagers to understand, I guess. 35 year old men who have HOPEFULLY been through other relationships with trials and errors, though? Definitely.

Hmmm...

I dunno, it isn't all the weird to me. I txt 100 times for every call I make.

But you're a teenager. It's normal for you.

A 35 year old man doesn't ask a girl out by text. That's the ultimate chump move. That might even be worse than breaking up by text.

You seem like a super smart girl, so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem dating an older man. Just not THIS one :lol:

Damn straight, the texting stuff is a bitch move, man up ........

Can you elaborate? I need reasons, not just opinions.

And don't get it twisted Amanda, he asked you to come meet him at the club again.

That's a first date, he asked you out. Instead of asking you to dinner, he asked you to meet him at the club. What's the difference, ultimately?

No, he said if I was going out I should meet him for dinner and drinks.

Texting a girl you just met to ask her out on a first date is gay as hell, especially if you're in your 30's.

You should ignore him on that principle alone.

Shit, i missed that, this guy is a pussy.........

shoot, i missed his cowardice with texting as well! good catch on paul's part!

it could be the wife or kids were around so he couldn't be caught on the phone as well....

Do you really think so? He didn't strike me as the lying type. I've met those guys, I can almost smell them coming.

This is kind of funny, actually. Me and the old lady had a fight I simply can't fix tonight, so here I am killing time on the board trying to give out love advice :lol:

Gotta love Captain Mo!

Aw, Paulie, I'm sorry. I hope everything is ok.

And don't get it twisted Amanda, he asked you to come meet him at the club again.

That's a first date, he asked you out. Instead of asking you to dinner, he asked you to meet him at the club. What's the difference, ultimately?

No, he said if I was going out I should meet him for dinner and drinks.

Right, a bitch way to ask you out. Trust me.

You should join a meetup group devoted to something political that you're interested in. As much as you like politics, you should be with a guy who is like-minded. You'll get better results. I can't imagine homeboy igniting fiery intellectual conversation after what you've described about him, and I doubt that's very interesting to you from what little I know of you on here.

Sealybozo is lookin for a hot date ........:tongue:

Now see that?? Driveby comes along and solves the entire problem with one sentence!

What up Amanda? You down for a little Squealybozo action?

... the other night at the Wrinkle Room :)lol:). He's a lot older than me... I don't know exactly, I thought 30 at first (which is old to me) but the more I think about some of the things I said maybe 35 or more. He really got to me... it's hard to explain, he's a good dancer and knows a lot about music (which I love love love) but I still feel weird about it. Anyway, he texted me today and wants to go out tomorrow.... would you go? Should I just ignore him?

And no, not the tow truck driver! :lol:

Simple question to ask yourself... What does someone who is just about old enough to be your father really want, and if he's that wonderful, why's he (supposedly) unattached at 35?

Yeah, I thought about that that night. He said he's recently divorced. Everything he said made sense, and he seems so great. I feel weird about going out with someone so much older, but... OTOH I don't think that age is necessarily the most important thing when finding "the one". He seems so perfect in all ways except the age thing. He didn't try anything with me... except while we were dancing, which sorta made sense. I don't know... I'm usually so good at reading guys, but he was like just so perfect in so many ways that it makes me nervous. Would you at least see him again, or no?
Amanda,

I wouldn't see him again. Trust me, don't see him.

Texting a girl you just met to ask her out on a first date is gay as hell, especially if you're in your 30's.

You should ignore him on that principle alone.

Shit, i missed that, this guy is a pussy.........

I dunno, it isn't all the weird to me. I txt 100 times for every call I make.
He probably text you because his wife was in the same house and he couldn't talk on the phone. RED FLAGS all over the place.

Question:

Do your young pals call it the "wrinkle room" because of all the old guys there hitting on the youngsters?

I love that name btw, too funny.

I remember in my teens and twenties old guys hitting on me (and back then I thought anything older than 30 was old) was el-gross-0! I always figured I'd date guys that old when I got to be that age, but that's just me. You are attracted to him, now you just need to decide if you're going to act on it. But I would take the advice of those on here, and run like hell in the other direction.

See, the women on the board know what's up. I wasn't necessarily thinking it meant he was trying to cheat on a spouse, but now that they mention it that makes sense as well.

It's almost the same as a cheating man giving a woman he meets a cell number rather than the home landline number. The cell is versatile and inconspicious, whereas the landline is hard to protect from a prying significant other.

He's got zero going for him based on the info you've provided Amanda, so take the advice you're getting for whatever you think it's worth.

Question:

Do your young pals call it the "wrinkle room" because of all the old guys there hitting on the youngsters?

I love that name btw, too funny.

I remember in my teens and twenties old guys hitting on me (and back then I thought anything older than 30 was old) was el-gross-0! I always figured I'd date guys that old when I got to be that age, but that's just me. You are attracted to him, now you just need to decide if you're going to act on it. But I would take the advice of those on here, and run like hell in the other direction.

Um... yeah, I guess that's why. There's just a lot of older people, I've never really been hit on by an older guy tho.

I was never attracted to anyone that old either, it's making me feel so confused. Why would it hurt to just go to dinner and dancing?

Simple question to ask yourself... What does someone who is just about old enough to be your father really want, and if he's that wonderful, why's he (supposedly) unattached at 35?

Yeah, I thought about that that night. He said he's recently divorced. Everything he said made sense, and he seems so great. I feel weird about going out with someone so much older, but... OTOH I don't think that age is necessarily the most important thing when finding "the one". He seems so perfect in all ways except the age thing. He didn't try anything with me... except while we were dancing, which sorta made sense. I don't know... I'm usually so good at reading guys, but he was like just so perfect in so many ways that it makes me nervous. Would you at least see him again, or no?
Amanda,

I wouldn't see him again. Trust me, don't see him.

Opinions are good and I'm listening, but I need reasons too.

I'm sure he has also mastered his manipulation...he's perfected his pick up moves, so therefore Amanda's defenses were down but in reality it wasn't Amanda because your very FIRST INSTINCT was No right? It wasn't until later you felt more comfortable around him. Yeah he is smooth, the cell phone, meet me, instead of picking you up. Wonder why that is? So many questions and things that give off red flags that I wouldn't go at all.

Forum List

Back