So I met this guy...

Amanda

Calm as a Hindu cow
Nov 28, 2008
... the other night at the Wrinkle Room :)lol:). He's a lot older than me... I don't know exactly, I thought 30 at first (which is old to me) but the more I think about some of the things I said maybe 35 or more. He really got to me... it's hard to explain, he's a good dancer and knows a lot about music (which I love love love) but I still feel weird about it. Anyway, he texted me today and wants to go out tomorrow.... would you go? Should I just ignore him?

And no, not the tow truck driver! :lol:

... the other night at the Wrinkle Room :)lol:). He's a lot older than me... I don't know exactly, I thought 30 at first (which is old to me) but the more I think about some of the things I said maybe 35 or more. He really got to me... it's hard to explain, he's a good dancer and knows a lot about music (which I love love love) but I still feel weird about it. Anyway, he texted me today and wants to go out tomorrow.... would you go? Should I just ignore him?

Simple question to ask yourself... What does someone who is just about old enough to be your father really want, and if he's that wonderful, why's he (supposedly) unattached at 35?

He really got to me... it's hard to explain, he's a good dancer and knows a lot about music (which I love love love) but I still feel weird about it. Anyway, he texted me today and wants to go out tomorrow.... would you go? Should I just ignore him?

Always go with your gut. If a guy ever gives you the heebies, just say no. Seriously. Dating is like fishing, there are always more fish in the river.

Simple question to ask yourself... What does someone who is just about old enough to be your father really want, and if he's that wonderful, why's he (supposedly) unattached at 35?

Yeah, I thought about that that night. He said he's recently divorced. Everything he said made sense, and he seems so great. I feel weird about going out with someone so much older, but... OTOH I don't think that age is necessarily the most important thing when finding "the one". He seems so perfect in all ways except the age thing. He didn't try anything with me... except while we were dancing, which sorta made sense. I don't know... I'm usually so good at reading guys, but he was like just so perfect in so many ways that it makes me nervous. Would you at least see him again, or no?

He really got to me... it's hard to explain, he's a good dancer and knows a lot about music (which I love love love) but I still feel weird about it. Anyway, he texted me today and wants to go out tomorrow.... would you go? Should I just ignore him?

Always go with your gut. If a guy ever gives you the heebies, just say no. Seriously. Dating is like fishing, there are always more fish in the river.

That;s the thing... I just don't know. :confused:

I don't want to cut off smeone just because of age but it seems weird to me.

Look at it this way.. You think 30 is old? When you're 20, he'll be 37.

Where is this "date" going to be? Dinner and talking? That's probably harmless. Another club? Alcohol, etc? Could lead to problems.

You like the guy. You aren't trying to decide if you are going to marry him. You could go out with the attitude that he could become a friend, nothing more.

Then give it time and see what happens down the road. Even though age is relative, you have to look at it logically. Say he is 37. He could have an 18 year old. If things work out, you ready for a step daughter just a few years younger than you?

You sound like you want to go - you are intrigued by him. So go. Keep it innocent. Keep it at arm's length.

Nothing wrong with two friends having dinner together.

I would keep it at that though. Nothing more.

Yeah, I thought about that that night. He said he's recently divorced. Everything he said made sense, and he seems so great. I feel weird about going out with someone so much older, but... OTOH I don't think that age is necessarily the most important thing when finding "the one". He seems so perfect in all ways except the age thing. He didn't try anything with me... except while we were dancing, which sorta made sense. I don't know... I'm usually so good at reading guys, but he was like just so perfect in so many ways that it makes me nervous. Would you at least see him again, or no?

i'm actually warren buffet. no, really.

Nothing good can come of it imo ..........

fuck his brains out for awhile and dump him...or not...you know you want to...my girl is 15 years younger than me...its all good...

So..what did your parents say when you asked them? Because if there's nothing wrong with it, then you did mention it to them, yes?

And what kinda night club has both 18 year olds, and 35 year olds in it? Ones old enough for "clubby" things like boozing it up, and the other's not.

35+? He's eyeing you as arm candy and (nearly) jail bait . . . fresh meat, so to speak. Run.

Ya think? He totally didn't come across that way. I'm so confused.

Dear Young Amanda,

Of course he didn't come off as an asshole. Men know how to "play the game" and say what you want to hear. I bet he told you all kinds of sweet things, and told you how lonely he's been since his "divorce." How he can't believe he met someone like you in a 'club', how lucky for both of you! And the things you both have in common! Isn't that great, it must be fate!

Talk to him on the phone a LOT if you think this is something you want to do before you go on a date with him. Make sure you can call him too, anytime you want. If he says you can't call him at night, or he's too busy for calls, that might be a red flag that he may still be married. :eusa_eh:

Like others said on here, go with your gut. But at least try to have your eyes open too.

From your friend,

Echo

Look at it this way.. You think 30 is old? When you're 20, he'll be 37.

Actually, I'm 18... but I'm trying to work out if age really means that much. He said nothing that made me thing "oh, no." it's just the age thing. And he looks younger than 35. I thought 30 tops at first.

Where is this "date" going to be? Dinner and talking? That's probably harmless. Another club? Alcohol, etc? Could lead to problems.

You like the guy. You aren't trying to decide if you are going to marry him. You could go out with the attitude that he could become a friend, nothing more.

Then give it time and see what happens down the road. Even though age is relative, you have to look at it logically. Say he is 37. He could have an 18 year old. If things work out, you ready for a step daughter just a few years younger than you?

You sound like you want to go - you are intrigued by him. So go. Keep it innocent. Keep it at arm's length.

Nothing wrong with two friends having dinner together.

I would keep it at that though. Nothing more.

That's kinda what I was thinking... but I don't know... things always seem to get complicated. :confused:

i'm actually warren buffet. no, really.

I don't know what this means... :confused:

Forum List

Back