So I met this guy...

Question:

Do your young pals call it the "wrinkle room" because of all the old guys there hitting on the youngsters?

I love that name btw, too funny.

I remember in my teens and twenties old guys hitting on me (and back then I thought anything older than 30 was old) was el-gross-0! I always figured I'd date guys that old when I got to be that age, but that's just me. You are attracted to him, now you just need to decide if you're going to act on it. But I would take the advice of those on here, and run like hell in the other direction.

LOL @ "el-grosso"

I had a couple girlfriends who were in their 30s when I was late teens-early twenties. It was cool!

But, its probably a little different for young guys and cougars. I can see your point of view on super young gals and guys that age. :eek:

Yeah, I thought about that that night. He said he's recently divorced. Everything he said made sense, and he seems so great. I feel weird about going out with someone so much older, but... OTOH I don't think that age is necessarily the most important thing when finding "the one". He seems so perfect in all ways except the age thing. He didn't try anything with me... except while we were dancing, which sorta made sense. I don't know... I'm usually so good at reading guys, but he was like just so perfect in so many ways that it makes me nervous. Would you at least see him again, or no?
Amanda,

I wouldn't see him again. Trust me, don't see him.

Opinions are good and I'm listening, but I need reasons too.

if he had class he would call not text......if he had class he would ask you to dinner not meet you at the club and lets grab dinner....he is 35 you are 18......

he is playin "cool".... claims to be divorced and pretty much wants to nail you .....

Yeah, I thought about that that night. He said he's recently divorced. Everything he said made sense, and he seems so great. I feel weird about going out with someone so much older, but... OTOH I don't think that age is necessarily the most important thing when finding "the one". He seems so perfect in all ways except the age thing. He didn't try anything with me... except while we were dancing, which sorta made sense. I don't know... I'm usually so good at reading guys, but he was like just so perfect in so many ways that it makes me nervous. Would you at least see him again, or no?
Amanda,

I wouldn't see him again. Trust me, don't see him.

Opinions are good and I'm listening, but I need reasons too.

You have 9 pages of reasons dear.

I'm sure he has also mastered his manipulation...he's perfected his pick up moves, so therefore Amanda's defenses were down but in reality it wasn't Amanda because your very FIRST INSTINCT was No right? It wasn't until later you felt more comfortable around him. Yeah he is smooth, the cell phone, meet me, instead of picking you up. Wonder why that is? So many questions and things that give off red flags that I wouldn't go at all.

Yeah, the meeting up thing is pretty weak too.

This guy should be willing to come scoop you up wherever you might ask him to. The fact that he'd rather text you and meet you somewhere instead of calling you and asking you out and offering to pick you up is almost creepy. It's like he's playing to the well-known typicalities of your age group, which is straaaaaaaaange!

Plus, you two already did the club thing. He ought to be stepping it up a notch and taking you to a fancy restaurant, or something similar that any NORMAL 30-something man would do for a girl on a first date.

Don't skip what your age group is doing.

Are you in college?

If not, go to college. There's not excuse not to be there.

Date people near your age, and go through life at the pace your age group is meant to.

Don't get robbed of the natural flow of life.

Question:

Do your young pals call it the "wrinkle room" because of all the old guys there hitting on the youngsters?

I love that name btw, too funny.

I remember in my teens and twenties old guys hitting on me (and back then I thought anything older than 30 was old) was el-gross-0! I always figured I'd date guys that old when I got to be that age, but that's just me. You are attracted to him, now you just need to decide if you're going to act on it. But I would take the advice of those on here, and run like hell in the other direction.

LOL @ "el-grosso"

I had a couple girlfriends who were in their 30s when I was late teens-early twenties. It was cool!

But, its probably a little different for young guys and cougars. I can see your point of view on super young gals and guys that age. :eek:

Why the double standard?

I'm sure he has also mastered his manipulation...he's perfected his pick up moves, so therefore Amanda's defenses were down but in reality it wasn't Amanda because your very FIRST INSTINCT was No right? It wasn't until later you felt more comfortable around him. Yeah he is smooth, the cell phone, meet me, instead of picking you up. Wonder why that is? So many questions and things that give off red flags that I wouldn't go at all.

Yeah, the meeting up thing is pretty weak too.

This guy should be willing to come scoop you up wherever you might ask him to. The fact that he'd rather text you and meet you somewhere instead of calling you and asking you out and offering to pick you up is almost creepy. It's like he's playing to the well-known typicalities of your age group, which is straaaaaaaaange!

I don't know that he wouldn't if I asked him to. Should I text him and tell him to pick me up and see what he says?

But what if I was going to go anyway? I could use the free dinner and drinks, so does it really matter?

I wouldn't have any more contact with him, Amanda. Soon as you send that text he will know that you are skimish about meeting him and he'll say all the right words again to ease your mind. Go back to your very first instinct of him...the first one...go with that. Not after you talked to him, not after you danced, no your first gut check with him. Stick with that!

Plus, you two already did the club thing. He ought to be stepping it up a notch and taking you to a fancy restaurant, or something similar that any NORMAL 30-something man would do for a girl on a first date.

I don't know where he's thinking for dinner. What if it IS a really nice place? Would that change anything?

But what if I was going to go anyway? I could use the free dinner and drinks, so does it really matter?

I'm going to make a prediction here, and say you will be seeing this guy again. :eusa_whistle:

Don't skip what your age group is doing.

Are you in college?

If not, go to college. There's not excuse not to be there.

Date people near your age, and go through life at the pace your age group is meant to.

Don't get robbed of the natural flow of life.

I'm not in college. I can't afford where I want to go yet. I'm thinking of joining the Marines and get money for college. Thinking really hard about that actually. But the thing is I've dated a lot of guys my age and most of them aren't very interesting. This guy seems really different. I mean, really really different. Don't you think it's worth taking a chance of seeing him again?

I don't know where he's thinking for dinner. What if it IS a really nice place? Would that change anything?

If it's a nice place, I'd use the opportunity to get an expensive dinner for free. Sounds like the guy is trying to play you, so turn the tables and enjoy yourself at his expense.

... the other night at the Wrinkle Room :)lol:). He's a lot older than me... I don't know exactly, I thought 30 at first (which is old to me) but the more I think about some of the things I said maybe 35 or more. He really got to me... it's hard to explain, he's a good dancer and knows a lot about music (which I love love love) but I still feel weird about it. Anyway, he texted me today and wants to go out tomorrow.... would you go? Should I just ignore him?

And no, not the tow truck driver! :lol:

He just wants to bone you.....thats all.

I wouldn't have any more contact with him, Amanda. Soon as you send that text he will know that you are skimish about meeting him and he'll say all the right words again to ease your mind. Go back to your very first instinct of him...the first one...go with that. Not after you talked to him, not after you danced, no your first gut check with him. Stick with that!

I didn;t really have that. We met on the dance floor. He followed me off and bought me a drink. I prett much liked him right away, I was just thinking, damn he's older than most guys I like but... I like him. Should I still go with my gut?

I'm going to make a prediction here, and say you will be seeing this guy again. :eusa_whistle:

Stop acting like a mom and be my friend, EZ. That's what I really need right now.

If it's a nice place, I'd use the opportunity to get an expensive dinner for free. Sounds like the guy is trying to play you, so turn the tables and enjoy yourself at his expense.

Why do you say it sounds like he's trying to play me?

Forum List

Back