So I met this guy...

Yeah, I thought about that that night. He said he's recently divorced. Everything he said made sense, and he seems so great. I feel weird about going out with someone so much older, but... OTOH I don't think that age is necessarily the most important thing when finding "the one". He seems so perfect in all ways except the age thing. He didn't try anything with me... except while we were dancing, which sorta made sense. I don't know... I'm usually so good at reading guys, but he was like just so perfect in so many ways that it makes me nervous. Would you at least see him again, or no?

Amanda, don't tell anyone else, but at 35, with 3 kids under 10, in a very contentious divorce, I threw caution to the wind and had a fling with a 25 year old. Did I think for one second it would be a match? We had fun, but when he talked of marriage, I took a powder.

Thank you. I just feel like I could be making a mistake by blowing him off because in my heart I don't think age needs to matter. I've just never been attracted to someone so much older. I'm so confused. :confused:

You don't have to marry the son of a bitch--and who cares if he wants sex ? Does that make him an asshole ?

Where is this "date" going to be? Dinner and talking? That's probably harmless. Another club? Alcohol, etc? Could lead to problems.

You like the guy. You aren't trying to decide if you are going to marry him. You could go out with the attitude that he could become a friend, nothing more.

Then give it time and see what happens down the road. Even though age is relative, you have to look at it logically. Say he is 37. He could have an 18 year old. If things work out, you ready for a step daughter just a few years younger than you?

You sound like you want to go - you are intrigued by him. So go. Keep it innocent. Keep it at arm's length.

Nothing wrong with two friends having dinner together.

I would keep it at that though. Nothing more.

That's kinda what I was thinking... but I don't know... things always seem to get complicated. :confused:

Does he know you are 18?

We didn't talk about my age.

... the other night at the Wrinkle Room :)lol:). He's a lot older than me... I don't know exactly, I thought 30 at first (which is old to me) but the more I think about some of the things I said maybe 35 or more. He really got to me... it's hard to explain, he's a good dancer and knows a lot about music (which I love love love) but I still feel weird about it. Anyway, he texted me today and wants to go out tomorrow.... would you go? Should I just ignore him?

And no, not the tow truck driver! :lol:
my brother when he was in his mid twenties went through a younger girl stage and he said it pretty much because you can control them and they are not as jaded. And like Dis said, there is probably a reason why he unattached at 35. I would be friends with him but nothing more, I have a feeling it won't turn out good otherwise.
YOu are young, date someone close to your age and without all the emotional baggage one gains with age.

Yeah.... I guess that's what worries me. But a lot of guys my age aren't seriously thinking about the future and I am. They just want to play video games and get drunk. This guy seemed so different, so past all that stuff.

fuck his brains out for awhile and dump him...or not...you know you want to...my girl is 15 years younger than me...its all good...

LOL... yeah, I was thinking that... but I don't want any drama. I hate breaking up with guys. I have a hard time just cutting guys loose.

You hate drama so you decided to let everyone in on your love life decisions ??:rofl:

Shut up! I'm hoping someone will say something that makes sense to me. It's been kinda working so far. A few have made me think about it harder. I think it's worth it, I consider some of you like friends. Tho that number can change if you're not nicer to me.

35 and just divorced...he could be trolling for a piece. You know...prove to himself that he still "has it."

If you go out, no clubs, no alcohol. Keep it simple. Talking. Get to know him. What does he do? Did he have to move back in with his mom? Did he get a divorce and go out and buy a Porsche? How old are his kids?

This will tell you alot about him. But it will also give you time to get over the, "wow, he's kinda cool."

Right now, it seems like the only things you have in common is dancing, music, and drinking.

Where that is fun, it is far from what you need for a meaningful relationship.

Unless you just want a fuck buddy.

Hey, stop bringing up things from PMs :lol:

Those are some good points, I will keep them in mind.

To put it bluntly, a guy in a bar will say anything to try and get in your pants.

anything ;)
my friend got hit on by a sandwich artist last night, many the crap he was trying to feed her was hilarious!
And yes guys will tell you anything but thing is women usually catch on they just don't care and just want to get laid also.

lke it matters if the guy wants sex----EEEEEEkk look out Amanda---he might not be a queer !!

Texting a girl you just met to ask her out on a first date is gay as hell, especially if you're in your 30's.

You should ignore him on that principle alone.

Nothing good can come of it imo ..........

Can you elaborate?

I don't know if you're looking for a relationship, but i'm gonna speculate and say that you aren't just looking for a "good time". You don't wanna end up being the conquest of some dude twice your age. If he's telling the truth and just divorced, he's not looking for another relationship, been there, done that. Or he's lying and is married, in which case, he's still not looking for a relationship. Without rambling too much, i just don't see a scenario in which this could turn out well for you, sorry.........

I wouldn't mind fnding "the one". I can get laid whenever I want.

Texting a girl you just met to ask her out on a first date is gay as hell, especially if you're in your 30's.

LOL. :lol:

35 and just divorced...he could be trolling for a piece. You know...prove to himself that he still "has it."

If you go out, no clubs, no alcohol. Keep it simple. Talking. Get to know him. What does he do? Did he have to move back in with his mom? Did he get a divorce and go out and buy a Porsche? How old are his kids?

This will tell you alot about him. But it will also give you time to get over the, "wow, he's kinda cool."

Right now, it seems like the only things you have in common is dancing, music, and drinking.

Where that is fun, it is far from what you need for a meaningful relationship.

Unless you just want a fuck buddy.

Hey, stop bringing up things from PMs :lol:

Those are some good points, I will keep them in mind.

LOL....just be careful. From talking with you, I know you are smart.

Take it slow.

Trust your gut.

Shit, i missed that, this guy is a pussy.........

LOL. Thanks for the reply. Put the hat avi back.

Want an old Guy? Hell I am old enough to be your Granddad, I am available and my wife won't mind ).

Nice try. :tongue:

Amanda, you will do what you do. I guess I'd just ask that you try to imagine talking to your daughter or son 15 years from now. What would you advise them? They will be looking for guidance. Will you have a cogent answer? I know I didn't regarding pot and other issues.

I'm dead serious, think about it. The text is the cop out for when you don't have the balls to just make the call. I would expect that from another teenager, but a 30+ year old man? He's probably timid about calling you and taking the chance by voice, which means he isn't real confident, which means he's probably lousy in bed. Eventually you're going to do the deed if you guys date long enough, do you really want a chump in the bedroom for a boyfriend?

35 years old is already too old to be hanging out in nightclubs that are frequented by teens. Imagine how long he's been prowling those places hoping for a score? You could end up chopped up into little bits while he saves your lower torso to get his rocks off with.

I'm dead serious, think about it. The text is the cop out for when you don't have the balls to just make the call. I would expect that from another teenager, but a 30+ year old man? He's probably timid about calling you and taking the chance by voice, which means he isn't real confident, which means he's probably lousy in bed. Eventually you're going to do the deed if you guys date long enough, do you really want a chump in the bedroom for a boyfriend?

35 years old is already too old to be hanging out in nightclubs that are frequented by teens. Imagine how long he's been prowling those places hoping for a score? You could end up chopped up into little bits while he saves your lower torso to get his rocks off with.

Holy Ted Bundy ................

Forum List

Back