So I met this guy...

... the other night at the Wrinkle Room :)lol:). He's a lot older than me... I don't know exactly, I thought 30 at first (which is old to me) but the more I think about some of the things I said maybe 35 or more. He really got to me... it's hard to explain, he's a good dancer and knows a lot about music (which I love love love) but I still feel weird about it. Anyway, he texted me today and wants to go out tomorrow.... would you go? Should I just ignore him?

And no, not the tow truck driver! :lol:

He just wants to bone you.....thats all.

Why do you say that?

Question:

Do your young pals call it the "wrinkle room" because of all the old guys there hitting on the youngsters?

I love that name btw, too funny.

I remember in my teens and twenties old guys hitting on me (and back then I thought anything older than 30 was old) was el-gross-0! I always figured I'd date guys that old when I got to be that age, but that's just me. You are attracted to him, now you just need to decide if you're going to act on it. But I would take the advice of those on here, and run like hell in the other direction.

LOL @ "el-grosso"

I had a couple girlfriends who were in their 30s when I was late teens-early twenties. It was cool!

But, its probably a little different for young guys and cougars. I can see your point of view on super young gals and guys that age. :eek:

Why the double standard?

I can't really speak for women, it just seems different. Judging from what most women here are saying, and what life experience tells me.

I think the cougar-young guy dynamic is different. Its pretty honest about what both people want. There's no head games, or manipulation. My experience, is that its all pretty honest and straightforward.

But what if I was going to go anyway? I could use the free dinner and drinks, so does it really matter?

I'm going to make a prediction here, and say you will be seeing this guy again. :eusa_whistle:

Stop acting like a mom and be my friend, EZ. That's what I really need right now.

It's hard to do that when you are only 5 years older than my daughter. You asked for advice, I and others, gave it. I just don't think the advice we gave you was what you wanted to hear.

I wouldn't have any more contact with him, Amanda. Soon as you send that text he will know that you are skimish about meeting him and he'll say all the right words again to ease your mind. Go back to your very first instinct of him...the first one...go with that. Not after you talked to him, not after you danced, no your first gut check with him. Stick with that!

I didn;t really have that. We met on the dance floor. He followed me off and bought me a drink. I prett much liked him right away, I was just thinking, damn he's older than most guys I like but... I like him. Should I still go with my gut?
Look you have already made up your mind, so go out with him but you had better tell everyone his name, where he lives, what he looks like, where you are going to be, what time you are coming home. If we don't see you here posting in a few weeks then we know you made the wrong choice.

LOL @ "el-grosso"

I had a couple girlfriends who were in their 30s when I was late teens-early twenties. It was cool!

But, its probably a little different for young guys and cougars. I can see your point of view on super young gals and guys that age. :eek:

Why the double standard?

I can't really speak for women, it just seems different. Judging from what most women here are saying, and what life experience tells me.

I think the cougar-young guy dynamic is different. Its pretty honest about what both people want. There's no head games, or manipulation. My experience, is that its all pretty honest and straightforward.

Thank you for the honest answer. I don't know I see it as different, but it's nice to have people be real with me. :)

Cuzz....as a man.....that is always our first inclination and goal. Not trying to rain on yer parade.....just speaking the truth. He may truly like you...and even be very interested in you as a person....but that is waaaaayyyyy over shadowed by the boning factor.....trust me. Its not a bad thing...its just the truth.

We men....will do and act in whatever way possible to get some chick in the sack.

Hold off with the booty....and that will reveal his true colors.

I'm going to make a prediction here, and say you will be seeing this guy again. :eusa_whistle:

Stop acting like a mom and be my friend, EZ. That's what I really need right now.

It's hard to do that when you are only 5 years older than my daughter. You asked for advice, I and others, gave it. I just don't think the advice we gave you was what you wanted to hear.

Well... not exactly, but I think there was some good stuff in there. I think I might meet him for dinner and ask a few of the questions that were raised here. If any of it seems "off" I'll blow him off and think of an excuse to leave. If not, I don't see the harm in going out to dance. It's a public place, and I'll be driving my own car. I don't think I'll end up in the soup. :lol:

I don't know where he's thinking for dinner. What if it IS a really nice place? Would that change anything?

If it's a nice place, I'd use the opportunity to get an expensive dinner for free. Sounds like the guy is trying to play you, so turn the tables and enjoy yourself at his expense.

Why do you say it sounds like he's trying to play me?

I'd say that 99% of "older" guys who go after women who are significantly younger than themselves are just trying to get laid. The fact that you met this guy in a club confirms this suspicion - that's basically the only reason men that age go to clubs, even if they try to convince you otherwise with smooth talk.

If you don't mind someone dating you for sex, go for it. If you're looking for anything more than that, you probably shouldn't put out for this dude.

I wouldn't have any more contact with him, Amanda. Soon as you send that text he will know that you are skimish about meeting him and he'll say all the right words again to ease your mind. Go back to your very first instinct of him...the first one...go with that. Not after you talked to him, not after you danced, no your first gut check with him. Stick with that!

I didn;t really have that. We met on the dance floor. He followed me off and bought me a drink. I prett much liked him right away, I was just thinking, damn he's older than most guys I like but... I like him. Should I still go with my gut?
Look you have already made up your mind, so go out with him but you had better tell everyone his name, where he lives, what he looks like, where you are going to be, what time you are coming home. If we don't see you here posting in a few weeks then we know you made the wrong choice.

I'm on here pretty much everyday, if you don't hear from me before Monday, we're supposed to go to xxxxx in Overland Park, Kansas to dance. That and my pic should be enough to give the Po a clue. :lol:

Ok, I think I might be officially too drunk to keep posting, I'm going to see what Anderson Cooper is up to... :tongue:

Well... not exactly, but I think there was some good stuff in there. I think I might meet him for dinner and ask a few of the questions that were raised here. If any of it seems "off" I'll blow him off and think of an excuse to leave. If not, I don't see the harm in going out to dance. It's a public place, and I'll be driving my own car. I don't think I'll end up in the soup. :lol:

What happens if he plants a bomb in your car to explode when you leave?

I'm not sure which is crazier... The idea of a teenager asking for advice about dating a dude in his mid to late thirties or that this threat hit 11 pages just because some of you sick vicarious fucks enjoy dragging Amanda on and on about her nubile sexuality.

I guarantee this thread had Agnapostate jacking off with a VENGEANCE last night.

If you read through the entire thread you will see most of us advised Amanda to JUST SAY NO!

Now, will she listen? :eusa_whistle:

She's 18, she's going to do what she wants, no matter how much advice/warnings/tidbits we give her.

As for the men old enough to be her father and grandfather getting off on this.........ewwwwwwwwwwww.

Forum List

Back