So I met this guy...

Texting a girl you just met to ask her out on a first date is gay as hell, especially if you're in your 30's.

You should ignore him on that principle alone.

LOL. :lol:

I'm dead serious, think about it. The text is the cop out for when you don't have the balls to just make the call. I would expect that from another teenager, but a 30+ year old man? He's probably timid about calling you and taking the chance by voice, which means he isn't real confident, which means he's probably lousy in bed. Eventually you're going to do the deed if you guys date long enough, do you really want a chump in the bedroom for a boyfriend?

35 years old is already too old to be hanging out in nightclubs that are frequented by teens. Imagine how long he's been prowling those places hoping for a score? You could end up chopped up into little bits while he saves your lower torso to get his rocks off with.

Amanda is probably more dangerous than any man alive----this old fucker is in for the ride of his life. :lol:

Texting a girl you just met to ask her out on a first date is gay as hell, especially if you're in your 30's.

Shit, i missed that, this guy is a pussy.........

I dunno, it isn't all the weird to me. I txt 100 times for every call I make.

Want an old Guy? Hell I am old enough to be your Granddad, I am available and my wife won't mind ).

Nice try. :tongue:

Amanda, you will do what you do. I guess I'd just ask that you try to imagine talking to your daughter or son 15 years from now. What would you advise them? They will be looking for guidance. Will you have a cogent answer? I know I didn't regarding pot and other issues.

Oh... that makes it hard. I... um... I dunno. I did think if this happened to a friend what would I say, but I didn't have an answer then either.

Tomorrow is Good Friday. Tell him you want to go to church, confession and receive the Holy Sacrament....Then hit the DQ for a blizzard and turn in (alone) early.

Otherwise if you have self respect...tell him no.

LOL. :lol:

I'm dead serious, think about it. The text is the cop out for when you don't have the balls to just make the call. I would expect that from another teenager, but a 30+ year old man? He's probably timid about calling you and taking the chance by voice, which means he isn't real confident, which means he's probably lousy in bed. Eventually you're going to do the deed if you guys date long enough, do you really want a chump in the bedroom for a boyfriend?

35 years old is already too old to be hanging out in nightclubs that are frequented by teens. Imagine how long he's been prowling those places hoping for a score? You could end up chopped up into little bits while he saves your lower torso to get his rocks off with.

It wasn't like he asked me out exactly... he said he was going to the club again and I should come out and if I was going to we should meet before and have dinner and drinks. I dunno, txting just isn't a weird copout to me, everyone I know does it all the time.

But you're a teenager. It's normal for you.

A 35 year old man doesn't ask a girl out by text. That's the ultimate chump move. That might even be worse than breaking up by text.

You seem like a super smart girl, so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem dating an older man. Just not THIS one :lol:

You could end up chopped up into little bits while he saves your lower torso to get his rocks off with.

I think that Amanda's upper body is too attractive to waste.

I'm sure there are less-attractive women that would be more suited for lower torso-only action.

hold it----you mean there are actually people here who doubt Amanda's ability to chew this guy up and spit him out if he so much twitches the wrong way ?

It wasn't like he asked me out exactly... he said he was going to the club again and I should come out and if I was going to we should meet before and have dinner and drinks. I dunno, txting just isn't a weird copout to me, everyone I know does it all the time.

Regardless, he didn't have the balls to just call and talk to you. If he likes you enough, he should WANT to talk to you. You guys have a lot to learn about each other, why waste a moment making a text for something that special? Popping the question for the first date is sacriligious, it's not something to be taken lightly by cheapening it with a fucking text message.

But this is something I wouldn't really expect teenagers to understand, I guess. 35 year old men who have HOPEFULLY been through other relationships with trials and errors, though? Definitely.

A 35 year old man doesn't ask a girl out by text. That's the ultimate chump move. That might even be worse than breaking up by text.

You seem like a super smart girl, so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem dating an older man. Just not THIS one :lol:

Damn straight, the texting stuff is a bitch move, man up ........

And don't get it twisted Amanda, he asked you to come meet him at the club again.

That's a first date, he asked you out. Instead of asking you to dinner, he asked you to meet him at the club. What's the difference, ultimately?

shoot, i missed his cowardice with texting as well! good catch on paul's part!

it could be the wife or kids were around so he couldn't be caught on the phone as well....

This is kind of funny, actually. Me and the old lady had a fight I simply can't fix tonight, so here I am killing time on the board trying to give out love advice :lol:

Gotta love Captain Mo!

Tomorrow is Good Friday. Tell him you want to go to church, confession and receive the Holy Sacrament....Then hit the DQ for a blizzard and turn in (alone) early.

Otherwise if you have self respect...tell him no.

I'm not Catholic... why do you think I'd have no self-respect if I went out with him?

He just seemed so much younger... that's why texting didn't seem weird. I get you'd think it was weird, it just doesn't seem odd to me.

Forum List

Back