There is nothing scarier on this earth...

than being the mother of a teenager or two.

Fuckin Marines are pussies in comparison.

Prove me wrong.
Being the single father of two teenage girls at the same time was pretty scary to me.
Prolly...but honestly, I freak out over all of their problems and my husband always convinces me not to...so, is he lying to me and just trying to calm me or do men and women have different freak out rates...either way, it is more nerve wracking than being a soldier, imo.

Prove me wrong.
Being the single father of two teenage girls at the same time was pretty scary to me.
Prolly...but honestly, I freak out over all of their problems and my husband always convinces me not to...so, is he lying to me and just trying to calm me or do men and women have different freak out rates...either way, it is more nerve wracking than being a soldier, imo.

There ain't nothing like that first time they pull out of the driveway and head down the road behind the wheel of a car and there ain't an adult in the car with them.
Now that's nerve-wracking.

There ain't nothing like that first time they pull out of the driveway and head down the road behind the wheel of a car and there ain't an adult in the car with them.
lol...so true. I laughed at my parents for being worried and that wasn't all that long ago. And they had every reason to believe I wasn't capable. :( And damn, if the roads haven't supersized themselves since I was a teen.

Having children takes a leap of faith.

Basically what you're doing is putting your heart's truest love into the hands of people who know almost nothing, and who think they're not subject to the laws of physics, and who imagine they're immortal.

My mother often introduced me to her friends thusly:

"And here's the reason my hair is gray"

Prove me wrong.

My daughter is 15, it hasn't been that rough. Of course, my basis for comparison is teenage gang members convicted of violent crimes, so it may just be a relative thing.

Although, I'd have to say that ME, PMSing, might be scarier than either.

Prove me wrong.

How long were you a soldier, Ravi ?

How long were you a soldier, Ravi ?

Try never.

Prove me wrong.

Try being in charge of other Marines and having to ORDER them into harms way. Knowing some of them may die. I suspect THAT is tougher then having 2 teenage daughters.

Try being a Marine in charge of other Marines AND having Teenage children.

being the single father of two teenage girls at the same time was pretty scary to me.
prolly...but honestly, i freak out over all of their problems and my husband always convinces me not to...so, is he lying to me and just trying to calm me or do men and women have different freak out rates...either way, it is more nerve wracking than being a soldier, imo.

how long were you a soldier, ravi ?
lol!

I was never in combat but I spent most of my Marine Career as a leader of Marines. I can tell you that in peacetime it was n interesting time. The younger they are the dumber they act. And some of them never grow any sense at all.

I only ever had one Marine get busted and kicked out. He was a real piece of work. He wrote bad checks every month. He showed up to work with out a proper hair cut once or twice every month. We never knew if he was coming back every Monday. He sucked as a tech as well. He never had any money , that would be why he wrote bad checks.

He was young, he had married his girlfriend when she was 16, she left him and moved in with 2 sailors in South Caroline, we were here in North Caroline. This dumb shit went down there every weekend, gave her money and covered it with bad checks.

No amount of talking got through to him. He got Office Hours 3 times and after the third got a Bn level Court Martial which resulted in his release from the Military. He tried showing up to that without a hair cut also. I paid for his hair cut ( like I usually did) and sent one of my Cpls with him to get it. He tried to have the barber not give him a regulation hair cut. The Cpl had the money and asked the barber if, since HE was paying, he got to determine how his hair was cut. Barber said yes. Cpl told the Marine, " shut up and get a regulation cut or I will have him give you a high and tight" Problem solved.

Even in peace time good leaders worry about their troops and their superiors.

Prove me wrong.

Nah. I could make your teenager appear to be an angel.:badgrin: It's all relevant.

Try being the single male parent of a female teenager.

Btw, ma'am ... the majority of Marines ARE teenagers on their first enlistments. The career force is about 20-25%. Try herding 80 of THOSE at a time. And yes, I WAS their mother.:evil:

Prove me wrong.

Nah. I could make your teenager appear to be an angel.:badgrin: It's all relevant.

Try being the single male parent of a female teenager.

Btw, ma'am ... the majority of Marines ARE teenagers on their first enlistments. The career force is about 20-25%. Try herding 80 of THOSE at a time. And yes, I WAS their mother.:evil:

Gunny and his children

NBI2177.jpg

Prove me wrong.

Since you have never been a "soldier", you wouldn't know. I'll take the teens over being under fire ANY day.

Why not just discuss what you're trying to without the ignorant comparisons?

It isn't a matter of freakout "rates." It's a matter of what freaks who out. The age-old battle of the sexes. What freaks you out doesn't necessarily freak him out and vice-versa. And yes, it IS nerve-wracking.

lol...so true. I laughed at my parents for being worried and that wasn't all that long ago. And they had every reason to believe I wasn't capable. :( And damn, if the roads haven't supersized themselves since I was a teen.

Wait until you hear yourself telling them the same things your parents told you that you swore to yourself you would NEVER tell your kids.:lol:

Prove me wrong.

Could be worse - you could be the mother of 2 teenagers in the Marines in Iraq

Forum List

Back