Sleepy Hollow

I kinda had hopes
that witch would survive, she could have wreaked some serious havoc.

What makes you think it is over? After all, there is a
dead cop running around.

Yes, but she was vulnerable due to being newly resurrected, (IMO). He has nowhere near the powers she has, he's just a minion. OTOH - you may be right. Time will tell.

That it will.

I was watching the preview for the second episode, and I said "Call Sam and Dean, they'll know what to do!!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD4toD1PYCc]Supernatural - Holding Out For A Hero - YouTube[/ame]

Love Supernatural.

Same.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbQEyH9bdlg]SAIL [Supernatural] - YouTube[/ame]

P.S.: I wish they could have kept the first Ruby.

While I enjoyed the first two episodes, the writers need to be a bit more careful in the writing of Ichabod's comments. In the second episode, the character of Ichabod complains about the dollar cost of the food purchased by the deputy. U.S. dollars didn't exist for another decade after his character's supposed demise. They used british currency. He also uses contraction's a bit too much for an educated individual (although contractions were on occasion used, they weren't commonplace).
Anyway, the show is off to a good start.

Did anybody watch it? It's really quite good!

I agree with you, I watched both episodes and I did like them. I like the main characters, and the twist on the story as well. I kinda wished that they would have expanded more on his adaptation to the modern world. I liked how he was playing with the car windows and that he didn't understand that there was more than on bullet in his gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The writers are playing fast and loose with the original story, particularly concerning Ichabod Crane and seems to rely more on the Depp movie. Also, the Deputy chick is kind of hard to swallow, like the deputy on Dome but like Deb in Dexter, I'm sure she'll grow on me.

But I did find it interesting the way they are melding the story with the AR and Revelations and am willing to overlook some of the inconsistencies and disbelief. They have already mentioned the seven year journey of the "two witnesses" so if the series makes the cut that may be the overall story arc.

The first episode paced well and didn't lag at any point. The twists were followed by more twists and although I'm pretty good at reading where they are headed this one had me charmed by it's ability to surprise me. The writing also appears crisp and clean with the directing and cinematography above average for TV.

I've got the second on DVR and will watch it tonight.

I'm having a prob with the deputy as well. They remind me of Mulder and Scully...but with Scully being way more interesting.

I, too, wish they would enhance more on the modern world to a revolutionary waking up to it. That's what makes it so entertaining.

I'm having a prob with the deputy as well. They remind me of Mulder and Scully...but with Scully being way more interesting.

I, too, wish they would enhance more on the modern world to a revolutionary waking up to it. That's what makes it so entertaining.

They need an Angie Harmon type, I'm having trouble gulping down that these women are employed much less cops. Plus this one was going to the FBI.

But as I said, I was wrong about Deb and I try not to make the same mistake twice...I'll give 'em a chance to grow into the role.

Last edited:
Watched ep 2...a little disappointed. Will wait for ep 3 before chiming in again.

Watched ep 2...a little disappointed. Will wait for ep 3 before chiming in again.

This show is making me miss Twin Peaks for some strange reason.

While eppy 1 was quick and unpredictable, 2 was slow and plodding.

All I'm going to say for now, trying to keep my mind open.

Seriously, what was up with that witch scene...this is 2013, right? Did I miss that it was on BBC?

Last edited:

Interesting. I thought episode 1 was too quick and too predictable. Maybe I'll like ep. 2.

Seriously, what was up with that witch scene...this is 2013, right? Did I miss that it was on BBC?

That witch scene took place a couple centuries ago.

That witch scene took place a couple centuries ago.

The present day one. They pulled the "re-fleshing" bit right out of "Mummy". I'm not sure why she needed the ashes of descendents of the judge who burned her at the stake. Evidently, she required her own bones.

Can't wait for the Ichabod Crane discovers he has to pay a fine because he didn't register for ObamaCare episode

Ok. It's offical for sure now.
I don't care much for this show. I will not be watching again. Tonight was my last episode. BORING. Just another soap opera of non stop clues, things they have to find/stop/start/kill/out manuever/blah blah blah.

The characters were likable. But it moved way too fast for my taste. Smacked of "National Treasure" which thoroughly sucked in my estimation.

dblack, you're full of shit! This series is quite good so far.

The acting is first rate, the writing clever without being 'cute' (in some ways they're doing Buffy/Whedon better than Whedon is these days). And mostly, they're building interesting lead characters, with genuine inner conflicts and motivations. It took me a couple of episodes to buy into the fantastical premise, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

The characters were likable. But it moved way too fast for my taste. Smacked of "National Treasure" which thoroughly sucked in my estimation.

dblack, you're full of shit! This series is quite good so far.

The acting is first rate, the writing clever without being 'cute' (in some ways they're doing Buffy/Whedon better than Whedon is these days). And mostly, they're building interesting lead characters, with genuine inner conflicts and motivations. It took me a couple of episodes to buy into the fantastical premise, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

I'm sorry. But from here, it would appear you are talking to yourself.

Forum List

Back