Sleepy Hollow

The characters were likable. But it moved way too fast for my taste. Smacked of "National Treasure" which thoroughly sucked in my estimation.

dblack, you're full of shit! This series is quite good so far.

The acting is first rate, the writing clever without being 'cute' (in some ways they're doing Buffy/Whedon better than Whedon is these days). And mostly, they're building interesting lead characters, with genuine inner conflicts and motivations. It took me a couple of episodes to buy into the fantastical premise, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

I'm sorry. But from here, it would appear you are talking to yourself.

Heh... that'll happen. ;)

The characters were likable. But it moved way too fast for my taste. Smacked of "National Treasure" which thoroughly sucked in my estimation.

The acting is first rate, the writing clever without being 'cute' (in some ways they're doing Buffy/Whedon better than Whedon is these days). And mostly, they're building interesting lead characters, with genuine inner conflicts and motivations. It took me a couple of episodes to buy into the fantastical premise, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Maybe there are two of him.

He seems to be saying so.

Heh... just had a change of heart is all. It's definitely growing on me. They seemed to be trying a little too hard in the pilot. But they're settling in nicely now. I really like the two leads, and the writing isn't embarrassing - which is saying something for network TV.

I shouldn't let myself get suckered in. A quality show on Fox doesn't stand a chance.

Last edited:

Heh... just had a change of heart is all. It's definitely growing on me. They seemed to be trying a little too hard in the pilot. But they're settling in nicely now. I really like the two leads, and the writing isn't embarrassing - which is saying something for network TV.

I shouldn't let myself get suckered in. A quality show on Fox doesn't stand a chance.

I feel the same about NBC.

Actually, I just read it's already been renewed for a second season - so hopefully they won't pull a Firefly on us again.

Actually, I just read it's already been renewed for a second season - so hopefully they won't pull a Firefly on us again.

We dare but dream!

They bought a whole season, but the second season hasn't been ordered yet. The initial order was for a half season, so it was extended.

Did anybody watch it? It's really quite good!

You didn't like Avengers?

Don't look at Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and think it's Joss Whedon....that's actually Jed Whedon, his brother. The only things I know Joss has done recently are Avengers and Much Ado About Nothing.

Besides, at least in the first couple of episodes, Sleepy Hollow was nowhere near as good as any Whedon show other than Dollhouse. You're making me want to go watch the third episode in hopes it gets better, but I must resist! :lol:

You didn't like Avengers?

Don't look at Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and think it's Joss Whedon....that's actually Jed Whedon, his brother. The only things I know Joss has done recently are Avengers and Much Ado About Nothing.

Ahhh.. that makes sense.

Besides, at least in the first couple of episodes, Sleepy Hollow was nowhere near as good as any Whedon show other than Dollhouse. You're making me want to go watch the third episode in hopes it gets better, but I must resist! :lol:

It does get better. I've only watched the first three, but the third was quite good. They're rather obviously borrowing from Buffy, but like I said. Decent writing, acting - appealing leads. I'm going to catch a couple more.

Last edited:
In the Season Finale, Ichabod Crane tries to sign up for ObamaCare then realizes, the forces of Evil have already won

In the Season Finale, Ichabod Crane tries to sign up for ObamaCare then realizes, the forces of Evil have already won

I sort of assumed that.

That haven't shown clear shots of all the four horsemen yet. I'm figuring one of them looks just like Obama.

I liked the nod to the show Millennium especially the somehow satan got behind me episode

Forum List

Back