Simple question to gun advocates

Again converting a Semi to a fully automatic weapon is against the law, so what more do you need?

Bump stocks are legal, but they increase the rounds per minute into the fully automatic range. Are you really too dumb to see that? It has nothing to do with the configuration of the gun. It has everything to do with the rounds per minute.

Are you going to do this dance with me?

So you outlaw bump stocks and the next mass murder happen a what will you for?

Maybe all semi-automatic weapons?

Then another mass murder happen you can go after pump actions?

Then another mass murder happens and you go after revolvers.

Now you have all the fire arms of today time, so another mass murder happen what do you go after?

Murder is against law so tell me how do you stop this?
We can never stop murder or gun violence. We can make it harder for people to achieve mass murder by limiting their fire power. What if Uzi's were available at Walmart and that was the weapon of choice in the last dozen shootings... How many more bodies would be pilled up. Probably something comparable to Vegas. See the point yet?
Once again for the slow and truly stupid, criminals have access to fully automatic weapons IF THEY WANT THEM. They chose not to use them because they are not what they need to commit their crimes they are inefficient at that. Further there has been NO use of a legal full auto to murder anyone except ONE cop that caught his wife in bed with another man. You claimed they were used by gangs in the 80's I ask for proof you have provided NO LINK that supports your claim.
Are you still talking? I thought we already when through this?

I was speaking about Uzi's and Ak-47's in regards to the 1980's gang's.. And I'm not interested in playing the semantic word games with you. If you can't follow what i'm saying then leave the conversation.
----
Vector Arms built and marketed numerous versions of the Uzi carbine and the MiniUzi. Today, while the civilian manufacture, sale and possession of post 1986 select-fire Uzi and its variants is prohibited in the United States it is still legal to sell templates, tooling and manuals to complete such conversion.
Uzi - Wikipedia
Semi automatic. No fully automatic your own story you linked says semi automatic. No crime spree has occurred with fully automatic weapons since the 30's.

If o

ne person walks into a crowded bar and has to use a single shot pistol or riffle instead of an automatic weapon that could spray 100's of rounds a minute then I think lives are saved. Yes, if a criminal tries hard enough they can probably still get one, like the guy in Vegas did. He invested over 100K into his arsenal. Not everybody is going to do that. Some are going to get whatever they can. Do you really not understand this?

You can make one in a decent shop.

Have you heard of 3-D printers? They can be used to make non-metal guns. They're not very accurate or reliable yet but the technology is improving, is it not? Also, a bump stock is far, far less complex than an actual gun.
That’s fine but not everybody is going to do that. If somebody is truly motivated then they can get or make anything they want. If they aren’t then they are going to use the easiest thing they can get

Bump stocks are legal, but they increase the rounds per minute into the fully automatic range. Are you really too dumb to see that? It has nothing to do with the configuration of the gun. It has everything to do with the rounds per minute.

Now you have all the fire arms of today time, so another mass murder happen what do you go after?

We can never stop murder or gun violence. We can make it harder for people to achieve mass murder by limiting their fire power. What if Uzi's were available at Walmart and that was the weapon of choice in the last dozen shootings... How many more bodies would be pilled up. Probably something comparable to Vegas. See the point yet?
Once again for the slow and truly stupid, criminals have access to fully automatic weapons IF THEY WANT THEM. They chose not to use them because they are not what they need to commit their crimes they are inefficient at that. Further there has been NO use of a legal full auto to murder anyone except ONE cop that caught his wife in bed with another man. You claimed they were used by gangs in the 80's I ask for proof you have provided NO LINK that supports your claim.

I was speaking about Uzi's and Ak-47's in regards to the 1980's gang's.. And I'm not interested in playing the semantic word games with you. If you can't follow what i'm saying then leave the conversation.
----
Vector Arms built and marketed numerous versions of the Uzi carbine and the MiniUzi. Today, while the civilian manufacture, sale and possession of post 1986 select-fire Uzi and its variants is prohibited in the United States it is still legal to sell templates, tooling and manuals to complete such conversion.
Uzi - Wikipedia
Semi automatic. No fully automatic your own story you linked says semi automatic. No crime spree has occurred with fully automatic weapons since the 30's.
So what?! That’s has nothing to do with my point. Were Uzis and AKs not part of the 1986 provision I pointed to in my OP? Yes they were. STFU with these obnoxious posts!

Thats a great way to demonize your political opponents and i've heard those talking points very often. I just don't agree that they are reality. I know many democrats and many gun owners and I don't know one with that agenda.

That's because you don't know any super rich people, nor do you know any politicians. That is the ultimate goal of the progressives after all. A nice compliant, unarmed, group of subjects.
I know many very rich people and a few local politicians doesn't change the story.

No, you don't. You don't know billionaires. They and the State and Federal politicians are those who are pushing a globalist agenda. It is they who wish to disarm the population.
I know many billionaires... am very close with a family that is in Forbes top 50 richest In the world. How do you know who I know? So presumptive if you

I doubt that very highly. I too know many billionaires and they don't look at the world the way normal people do. If you actually knew them you would fundamentally KNOW this.

That is very true, there mind set is very different than the average person, that is why they are billionaires, if they thought the same as others, they wouldn’t be millionaires.

----
Uzi - Wikipedia
So what?! That’s has nothing to do with my point. Were Uzis and AKs not part of the 1986 provision I pointed to in my OP? Yes they were. STFU with these obnoxious posts!
You claimed Automatic weapons were used. You are still claiming it by pretending you made the point. An Uzi in the States is semi automatic it does not spray hundreds of rounds a minute. AK's in the states are semi automatic again not fully automatic they do NOT spray hundreds of rounds a minute.

If you admit that we can't prevent it, and you acknowledge that bad people will always be able to get the guns they want, what makes you think they won't just get them? Here is an Israeli woman with an M-16.

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

israeli-women-with-guns.jpg

Or how about at the beach?

b2809ab856a692a146a477db66ce9fae.jpg

The Israeli's have figured out that gun control doesn't work. So have MORE people carrying guns and they will be able to stop the bad actors before they are able to kill a lot of people.

That is the reality.
Im sure some bad guys will always be able to get their hands on those guns. Others maybe not. Maybe they just use a pistol instead or the quickest easiest thing they can find... In those cases maybe they only kill a couple people and not dozens. Don't you think that makes sense? Don't you think if it saves lives then it is worth exploring?

"Don't you think if it saves lives then it is worth exploring?"

False assumption. How would lives be saved if the murderer/terrorist uses explosives, or airplanes, or poisoned cool aid instead?

And they had that choice, but it's often harder to get such things or carry out such things. Guns are the weapon of choice because they're easy to get. They're not the weapon of choice in the UK, and the murder rate is much lower.

Tough gun laws in 1996 were enacted by the British government and murder rates continued to rise until 2003 when the government hired 20,000 law enforcement officers. Australia restricted guns in 1996 and the murder remains unchanged to this day. The US had a declining murder rate until 2015. So, you really have no fact to back your perception.

----
Uzi - Wikipedia
You claimed Automatic weapons were used. You are still claiming it by pretending you made the point. An Uzi in the States is semi automatic it does not spray hundreds of rounds a minute. AK's in the states are semi automatic again not fully automatic they do NOT spray hundreds of rounds a minute.
Good you win. Now go away. Nobody gives a shit

Nope, we are the "militia"......not the military that works at the leisure of this banker owned corporate entity that we refer to as a legitimate governmental body.

Fully automatic weapons were banned because they put too many bullets out in too short of a time. Nobody has a need for that unless they are trying to kill a lot of people. It had nothing to do with the way a trigger worked, or how the next shell was put into the chamber. It was all because of the amount of led scattered out the barrell. Bump stocks advertise up to 500 rounds per minute. Nobody needs that kind of fire power unless they are in the military.

Again converting a Semi to a fully automatic weapon is against the law, so what more do you need?

If you admit that we can't prevent it, and you acknowledge that bad people will always be able to get the guns they want, what makes you think they won't just get them? Here is an Israeli woman with an M-16.

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

The Israeli's have figured out that gun control doesn't work. So have MORE people carrying guns and they will be able to stop the bad actors before they are able to kill a lot of people.

That is the reality.

Such a childish remark could only come from a crazy gun nut. No law will ever completely prevent the behavior it was written to prevent, and bad people will always break every rule and law we ever come up with. Using your logic, no law is effective, or should even exist.

Fully automatic weapons were banned because they put too many bullets out in too short of a time. Nobody has a need for that unless they are trying to kill a lot of people. It had nothing to do with the way a trigger worked, or how the next shell was put into the chamber. It was all because of the amount of led scattered out the barrell. Bump stocks advertise up to 500 rounds per minute. Nobody needs that kind of fire power unless they are in the military.

Show me a semiautomatic or a revolver that can fire 500 rounds per minute, and I'll go after them too. Quit being goofy.

Who cares. Fully automatic fire is for suppressive fire which you would know if you weren't an ignorant twerp. Suppressive fire keeps peoples heads down because it is inaccurate as hell, but it is loud. It is great that the asshole in Vegas was using a bump fire stock. It prevented him from killing more people.

It can be used as suppressive if the opponent is actually trying to fire back at you, or they have some way to hide. The case in LV wasn't either of those. It was more like shooting cattle in an enclosed pen.

I agree that criminals could make greater use of automatic weapons if they wanted to, but your claim that they are not what is needed is just stupid. Gangs aren't known for spending hours at the gun range improving their accuracy. They depend on putting as much lead in the air as possible, and hoping some of it hits it's intended target. Automatic fired wepons would be the best possible gun for them to use. They don't use them because they are so highly regulated. Gun control does work quite well in that situation.

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

That is the reality.
Im sure some bad guys will always be able to get their hands on those guns. Others maybe not. Maybe they just use a pistol instead or the quickest easiest thing they can find... In those cases maybe they only kill a couple people and not dozens. Don't you think that makes sense? Don't you think if it saves lives then it is worth exploring?

No country that has banned guns has been massacre free. Thus the assumption that you make is false. Blindly following a false assumption is the height of insanity, and/or stupidity.

To be more accurate, no country has been massacre free. Seems that whether guns are banned made no difference.

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

That is the reality.

For example in the UK, criminals can get their hands on guns, but often don't use them because they're afraid of losing their gun and being unable to get another one. The biggest exception were the Yardies from Jamaica who were managing to bring in guns. The mob of Britain before the Yardies came in was generally without guns. But there was a spike about 15 years ago in gun violence, but the authorities mostly dealt with that.

If that were true the number of gunshot victims flooding UK hospitals wouldn't be........well flooding in. You are factually wrong.

Doesn't look like much of a flood to me. I would trade numbers with them any day.
upload_2017-10-5_23-40-20-png.152881

I agree that criminals could make greater use of automatic weapons if they wanted to, but your claim that they are not what is needed is just stupid. Gangs aren't known for spending hours at the gun range improving their accuracy. They depend on putting as much lead in the air as possible, and hoping some of it hits it's intended target. Automatic fired wepons would be the best possible gun for them to use. They don't use them because they are so highly regulated. Gun control does work quite well in that situation.

Can't give all the credit to regulation.

Such weapons are very expensive; most out of the price range of gangs.

Ammunition would be hard to come by and also very expensive.

Criminals prefer weapons they can carry and hide on their body. They also prefer something easy to shoot and something they can easily run away with.

Can't give all the credit to regulation.

Such weapons are very expensive; most out of the price range of gangs.

Ammunition would be hard to come by and also very expensive.

Criminals prefer weapons they can carry and hide on their body. They also prefer something easy to shoot and something they can easily run away with.

Not really. Ammunition for automatic rifles is the same as for any other gun with that caliber. The internet is full of diagrams and instructions to cheaply convert, or even build a wide range of guns to fully automatic fire. Much could be done in your garage with little more than hand tools. The restrictions on fully automatic guns work exceptionally well.

Did you support the provision that banned automatic weapons in 1986? Do you support it now? Why or why not?

Trick question...

Why?

You want to introduce the argument to pass laws that would outlaw bump stocks but let be honest to modify a Semi into a fully automatic weapon is against the law...

What they don't tell you us that bump stocks also have a high failure rate. In fact it's been reported that several of the Vegas shooters weapons were jammed.

Guns are manufactured with a tolerance. Kind of like buying a large boat and trying to haul it around with your Honda Civic. When you blow the transmission, you realize that your Civic was not designed to haul boats.

Guns produce heat and the steel that they use for those guns were not designed to tolerate rapid fire like a machine gun or any other automatic weapon. So the barrel can melt and you can even injure yourself in the process of using bump stocks.

I was ambivalent towards the ban. As we see it was ineffectual as are a lot of laws meant to control behavior. Personally I do not see the need to own a full auto weapon. The citizens are not going to go to war and win it just because they own an automatic weapon. I think the ownership is more of a symbol of freedom in a sea of things that are viewed as taking our freedoms away.

Did you support the provision that banned automatic weapons in 1986? Do you support it now? Why or why not?

Trick question...

Why?

You want to introduce the argument to pass laws that would outlaw bump stocks but let be honest to modify a Semi into a fully automatic weapon is against the law...

What they don't tell you us that bump stocks also have a high failure rate. In fact it's been reported that several of the Vegas shooters weapons were jammed.

Guns are manufactured with a tolerance. Kind of like buying a large boat and trying to haul it around with your Honda Civic. When you blow the transmission, you realize that your Civic was not designed to haul boats.

Guns produce heat and the steel that they use for those guns were not designed to tolerate rapid fire like a machine gun or any other automatic weapon. So the barrel can melt and you can even injure yourself in the process of using bump stocks.

So it's OK to have a cheap way to convert a gun to be able to fire 500 rounds per minute because it might eventually break? Great logic there Sherlock.

What part of "the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" in unclear?

The part about "Well-Regulated Militias...."

This guy on Sunday is not a well-regulated militia...
Read it again, it says in order to establish a well regulated Militia, the right of a citizen to bare arms .............. Note the comma. (paraphrased might not be actual wording)

I was ambivalent towards the ban. As we see it was ineffectual as are a lot of laws meant to control behavior. Personally I do not see the need to own a full auto weapon. The citizens are not going to go to war and win it just because they own an automatic weapon. I think the ownership is more of a symbol of freedom in a sea of things that are viewed as taking our freedoms away.

It's a fashion statement, and a penis extention.

Forum List

Back