Simple question to gun advocates

I'm fine with automatic weapons being banned. But if we give the gun control freaks and inch they take a mile, look lets be honest the gun control lobby their goal is to ban guns, period. It doesn't matter how much we compromise with those assholes they will just keep coming back until there is a full ban on private gun ownership.

And this is where our hyper-polarized, partisan politics are killing us. Both parties operate on, essentially, "scorched-earth" policies. Each imposes as much radical change as possible while they're in power.

I don't see it changing for the better unless we first change the voting system to counter the lesser-of-two-evils dilemma.

I'm fine with automatic weapons being banned. But if we give the gun control freaks and inch they take a mile, look lets be honest the gun control lobby their goal is to ban guns, period. It doesn't matter how much we compromise with those assholes they will just keep coming back until there is a full ban on private gun ownership.

No.

I don't own guns, in fact when my father passed away he left me 2 and I gave them away [hunting rifles] because I just don't like them...but what is the point of giving in to banning automatic weapons if you are going to have to continue fighting gun control advocates who do want to abolish the second amendment? if you cannot drop the gun control argument I cannot support the ban...my entire argument is that no amount of appeasement to the gun control advocates will ever be enough until the second amendment is gone.
I don't think it is a smart approach to throw out measures to increase responsibility and safety over the use and ownership of lethal weapons just because you fear the intentions of a fraction of extremists. Again, most leaders on the left support the second amendment. Show me how many are calling for the abolishment of the second amendment.
We're just going round in circles now, this has been explained, this has been explained
Let me paint it a different way then. Instead of talking about guns and gun control lets parallel it with Driving.

We all enjoy the luxury of driving cars, but many many many people die each year on the roads. So we forgo some of our freedoms to make the roads safer. We have safety regulations imposed on car manufacturers to have things like airbags, we require drivers to have licenses and they have to pass a test to get one, we require drivers to be insured and wear a seat belt. All of these measures help us keep more responsible people behind the wheel and reduce the damage when accidents occur. These measures are not a secret effort to take our cars away, they are there to make the roads safer. Wouldn't it be a shame if we didn't have any control measures and the amount of car deaths each year increased exponentially? Do you see my point?

View attachment 152869
DLMDDFyUIAYmDFO.jpg:large
Looks like we are doing something right, what do you think has brought the gun homicide rate down?

I don't know. There are more variables than just guns and gun laws.
It would be an interesting study.

The whole concept of a right is that the majority doesn't get to vote on you exercising it or not.

The idea of the strict restrictions is a de facto ban, nothing more. How about we impose a 3 week waiting period and a $250 fee for an abortion?

Not be infringed is not being infringed. NYC has no right to be assholes to me when it comes to firearm rights.

and we are talking about a 6 shot freaking revolver, 6 months, $600 in fees just to keep one in my apartment legally.
Citizens also have the right to be safe and protected. Some feel that owning a gun makes the safe and protected and other feel that less guns in the hands of irresponsible people makes them safe and protected. This is a safety issue which different states handle in different ways. It doesn't really compare to the abortion situation which is a personal choice that a women and families have to make for themselves. It doesn't pose a public safety risk.

All that typing and you refuse to answer the questions.

What a pussy.
You asked one question about abortion and I addressed it. Learn how to read

A right is a right is a right. You can't say ok to restrictions on 1 designed to suppress use and say no to another without looking like a godawful hypocrite, you godawful hypocrite.
So under that pretext you would support the unencumbered rights for anybody in America to purchase, own or sell any kind of weapon regardless of background or mental stability? Should we be selling uzi's over the counter at the local 7-11?

argumentum ad absurdum, the last resort of the scoundrel with no argument.

All rights have limits, but when limited they must be done in a way that imposes a minimum impact on those who's right is being infringed on.

As for background, once you are a felon you have been through the judicial process, which is why your freedoms can be restricted.

As for mental issues, again the only way to infringe on a person's rights is with due process through the legal system.

Citizens also have the right to be safe and protected. Some feel that owning a gun makes the safe and protected and other feel that less guns in the hands of irresponsible people makes them safe and protected. This is a safety issue which different states handle in different ways. It doesn't really compare to the abortion situation which is a personal choice that a women and families have to make for themselves. It doesn't pose a public safety risk.

What a pussy.

A right is a right is a right. You can't say ok to restrictions on 1 designed to suppress use and say no to another without looking like a godawful hypocrite, you godawful hypocrite.
So under that pretext you would support the unencumbered rights for anybody in America to purchase, own or sell any kind of weapon regardless of background or mental stability? Should we be selling uzi's over the counter at the local 7-11?

All rights have limits, but when limited they must be done in a way that imposes a minimum impact on those who's right is being infringed on.

As for background, once you are a felon you have been through the judicial process, which is why your freedoms can be restricted.

As for mental issues, again the only way to infringe on a person's rights is with due process through the legal system.

Call it what you like, but given your belief that anyone should be able to purchase any gun desired regardless of background or mental stability, it is a valid question.

What a pussy.

Call it what you like, but given your belief that anyone should be able to purchase any gun desired regardless of background or mental stability, it is a valid question.

Where have I ever stated that?

I am fine with an instant background check. 6 months is not "instant"

So now you support universal background checks for individual sales. Good to know.

So now you support universal background checks for individual sales. Good to know.

As long as the government provides an easy way for private sellers to use the system, and the law doesn't do dumb things like make it illegal for friends to share guns when hunting or letting family members use the same firearms without having to "transfer" them.

See you gun control freaks are untrustworthy, so we assume you would try to add bullshit like that to any law.

As long as the government provides an easy way for private sellers to use the system, and the law doesn't do dumb things like make it illegal for friends to share guns when hunting or letting family members use the same firearms without having to "transfer" them.

See you gun control freaks are untrustworthy, so we assume you would try to add bullshit like that to any law.

You assume lots of crazy stuff.

The problem here is giving in only gives them more incentive to take everything away.

Democrats set up this situation and now they're screaming at us to do something about it.

The problem here is giving in only gives them more incentive to take everything away.

Democrats set up this situation and now they're screaming at us to do something about it.

What situation did Democrats set up?

Pelosi said herself she hopes for the "slippery slope," so not crazy at all.

We both know that won't happen. Grow up.

We both know that won't happen. Grow up.

Again, when NYC is allowed to get away with infringement and all the gun grabbing idiots are OK with that, it gives us no reason to trust you on anything.

What situation did Democrats set up?
  • Obama approved Bump Stocks
  • Hateful rhetoric in the media 24/7 toward rightwingers
  • Dishonesty leading to a lack of trust in government
  • More concern by Democrats for the rights of criminals and foreign people than for God fearing Americans
Take your pick

Did you support the provision that banned automatic weapons in 1986? Do you support it now? Why or why not?
back then I supported it, but the enemies of America here at home have become boldly violent and boast about rioting on evening TV...and even with that aside I am a constitutionalist, I can see through the smoke enough to know that this [todays anti second amendment movement] is about abolishing the second amendment, just look at all the avenues they are going down to try and get what they want, when one fails they have another different argument in hand and at the ready...the commies are not fooling anyone
There will always be wingnuts on both sides of the spectrum calling for more or less. You can never satisfy everybody. But it also is not fair to say that an entire ideology or side is in agreement with the extremists. I don't hear many on the Left calling for the abolishment of the second amendment, so until that is the reality, lets stick with what is actually happening.

I'm curious. Why did you support the ban of automatic weapons in 1986?
Only a fool would trust the federal government, you give them an inch they will take a mile

Forum List

Back