Simple question to gun advocates

Did you support the provision that banned automatic weapons in 1986? Do you support it now? Why or why not?
back then I supported it, but the enemies of America here at home have become boldly violent and boast about rioting on evening TV...and even with that aside I am a constitutionalist, I can see through the smoke enough to know that this [todays anti second amendment movement] is about abolishing the second amendment, just look at all the avenues they are going down to try and get what they want, when one fails they have another different argument in hand and at the ready...the commies are not fooling anyone

I'm fine with automatic weapons being banned. But if we give the gun control freaks and inch they take a mile, look lets be honest the gun control lobby their goal is to ban guns, period. It doesn't matter how much we compromise with those assholes they will just keep coming back until there is a full ban on private gun ownership.

Did you support the provision that banned automatic weapons in 1986? Do you support it now? Why or why not?
back then I supported it, but the enemies of America here at home have become boldly violent and boast about rioting on evening TV...and even with that aside I am a constitutionalist, I can see through the smoke enough to know that this [todays anti second amendment movement] is about abolishing the second amendment, just look at all the avenues they are going down to try and get what they want, when one fails they have another different argument in hand and at the ready...the commies are not fooling anyone
There will always be wingnuts on both sides of the spectrum calling for more or less. You can never satisfy everybody. But it also is not fair to say that an entire ideology or side is in agreement with the extremists. I don't hear many on the Left calling for the abolishment of the second amendment, so until that is the reality, lets stick with what is actually happening.

I'm curious. Why did you support the ban of automatic weapons in 1986?

I'm fine with automatic weapons being banned. But if we give the gun control freaks and inch they take a mile, look lets be honest the gun control lobby their goal is to ban guns, period. It doesn't matter how much we compromise with those assholes they will just keep coming back until there is a full ban on private gun ownership.
If you support banning automatic weapons then wouldn't it make sense to ban the bump stocks that turn semi's into autos? also anything else that gives the mass destruction capabilities which is at the heart of why the Autos were banned?

exactly, after they get what they want this time they will be right back asking for more gun control, that is how your rights are taken away...these gun control zealots make me thankful for the second amendment and even more so the NRA

If you support banning automatic weapons then wouldn't it make sense to ban the bump stocks that turn semi's into autos? also anything else that gives the mass destruction capabilities which is at the heart of why the Autos were banned?

I said multiple times yesterday bump stocks should 100% absolutely be banned!! I have a BIG problem with a device intended to do an end run around current law and getting away with it on a technicality. Second, bump stocks only make it that much easier for the gun control lobby to attack us its freaking stupid.

on the surface, sure.

but even a well placed rubber band can give the same effect.

now what do we ban?

exactly, after they get what they want this time they will be right back asking for more gun control, that is how your rights are taken away...these gun control zealots make me thankful for the second amendment and even more so the NRA
Why do you two obsess over "whats next"? You are fighting a strawman and not dealing with the actual issues. If somebody makes a common sense proposal for gun safety then you can agree or disagree. What you think they are going to do next shouldn't be any kind of a factor.

If you don't think Auto weapons should be legal because they are too destructive but you won't support making an accessory that turns semi's into autos illegal because you don't want to give your political opponents anything for fear of what they will want next... Well that doesn't make very much sense does it?

I said multiple times yesterday bump stocks should 100% absolutely be banned!! I have a BIG problem with a device intended to do an end run around current law and getting away with it on a technicality. Second, bump stocks only make it that much easier for the gun control lobby to attack us its freaking stupid.
wow, i was anticipating another obnoxious argument with you about this topic but you are being surprisingly objective and rational. Kudos

There will always be wingnuts on both sides of the spectrum calling for more or less. You can never satisfy everybody. But it also is not fair to say that an entire ideology or side is in agreement with the extremists. I don't hear many on the Left calling for the abolishment of the second amendment, so until that is the reality, lets stick with what is actually happening.

why would you "hear them"...when you are trying to abolish an amendment to the constitution your best course of action is stealth...one step at a time...nibble, nibble, nibble.

I figured gun crime would go away...how can ya have mass shootings if the automatics are banned?...I do believe that the 86 ban was due in large part to sudden rise of the UZI...I read an article about drive-by shootings in L.A. where "uzi-spray" was all the rage...I could be wrong about that but I think that was the case.

What part of "the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" in unclear?

I am a gun owner and defender of our 2nd amendment rights. On the other hand I don't want some untrained moron wielding a machine gun without any safeguards. If we put this question to the founders today I think they would agree. That's why the Constitution allows for amendments its not cast in stone. Its very difficult, by design, the founders did not want us making knee jerk changes to the Constitution but it allows for change and fine tuning.

Fine I'll trade it for NYC allowing me to get a revolver without waiting for 6 months and paying $600 or so in fees.

And that's just to keep it in my apartment, they deny CCW's out of hand unless you are a cop, a retired cop, or own a business involving lots of cash, or have a buddy at city hall.

How about we trade bump stocks for national CCW reciprocity?

why would you "hear them"...when you are trying to abolish an amendment to the constitution your best course of action is stealth...one step at a time...nibble, nibble, nibble.

I figured gun crime would go away...how can ya have mass shootings if the automatics are banned?...I do believe that the 86 ban was due in large part to sudden rise of the UZI...I read an article about drive-by shootings in L.A. where "uzi-spray" was all the rage...I could be wrong about that but I think that was the case.
Do you think the ban may have saved lives by diminishing the firepower from crazy shooters? Putting single shot weapons into their hands instead of bullet spraying uzi's...

What part of "the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" in unclear?

The part about "Well-Regulated Militias...."

This guy on Sunday is not a well-regulated militia...
English not your main language? The written word is clear the INTENT was not to hamstring the citizenry with a need to belong to a militia to exercise their second amendment rights.

wow, i was anticipating another obnoxious argument with you about this topic but you are being surprisingly objective and rational. Kudos

This one is a no brainer.

New Topics

Forum List

Back