Simple question to gun advocates

Trick question...

Why?

You want to introduce the argument to pass laws that would outlaw bump stocks but let be honest to modify a Semi into a fully automatic weapon is against the law...

Fully automatic weapons were banned because they put too many bullets out in too short of a time. Nobody has a need for that unless they are trying to kill a lot of people. It had nothing to do with the way a trigger worked, or how the next shell was put into the chamber. It was all because of the amount of led scattered out the barrell. Bump stocks advertise up to 500 rounds per minute. Nobody needs that kind of fire power unless they are in the military.

Again converting a Semi to a fully automatic weapon is against the law, so what more do you need?

Bump stocks are legal, but they increase the rounds per minute into the fully automatic range. Are you really too dumb to see that? It has nothing to do with the configuration of the gun. It has everything to do with the rounds per minute.

Are you going to do this dance with me?

So you outlaw bump stocks and the next mass murder happen a what will you for?

Maybe all semi-automatic weapons?

Then another mass murder happen you can go after pump actions?

Then another mass murder happens and you go after revolvers.

Now you have all the fire arms of today time, so another mass murder happen what do you go after?

Murder is against law so tell me how do you stop this?
We can never stop murder or gun violence. We can make it harder for people to achieve mass murder by limiting their fire power. What if Uzi's were available at Walmart and that was the weapon of choice in the last dozen shootings... How many more bodies would be pilled up. Probably something comparable to Vegas. See the point yet?
Once again for the slow and truly stupid, criminals have access to fully automatic weapons IF THEY WANT THEM. They chose not to use them because they are not what they need to commit their crimes they are inefficient at that. Further there has been NO use of a legal full auto to murder anyone except ONE cop that caught his wife in bed with another man. You claimed they were used by gangs in the 80's I ask for proof you have provided NO LINK that supports your claim.

Fully automatic weapons were banned because they put too many bullets out in too short of a time. Nobody has a need for that unless they are trying to kill a lot of people. It had nothing to do with the way a trigger worked, or how the next shell was put into the chamber. It was all because of the amount of led scattered out the barrell. Bump stocks advertise up to 500 rounds per minute. Nobody needs that kind of fire power unless they are in the military.

Again converting a Semi to a fully automatic weapon is against the law, so what more do you need?

Bump stocks are legal, but they increase the rounds per minute into the fully automatic range. Are you really too dumb to see that? It has nothing to do with the configuration of the gun. It has everything to do with the rounds per minute.

Now you have all the fire arms of today time, so another mass murder happen what do you go after?

We can never stop murder or gun violence. We can make it harder for people to achieve mass murder by limiting their fire power. What if Uzi's were available at Walmart and that was the weapon of choice in the last dozen shootings... How many more bodies would be pilled up. Probably something comparable to Vegas. See the point yet?

If you admit that we can't prevent it, and you acknowledge that bad people will always be able to get the guns they want, what makes you think they won't just get them? Here is an Israeli woman with an M-16.

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

israeli-women-with-guns.jpg

Or how about at the beach?

b2809ab856a692a146a477db66ce9fae.jpg

The Israeli's have figured out that gun control doesn't work. So have MORE people carrying guns and they will be able to stop the bad actors before they are able to kill a lot of people.

That is the reality.
Im sure some bad guys will always be able to get their hands on those guns. Others maybe not. Maybe they just use a pistol instead or the quickest easiest thing they can find... In those cases maybe they only kill a couple people and not dozens. Don't you think that makes sense? Don't you think if it saves lives then it is worth exploring?

Thats a great way to demonize your political opponents and i've heard those talking points very often. I just don't agree that they are reality. I know many democrats and many gun owners and I don't know one with that agenda.

That's because you don't know any super rich people, nor do you know any politicians. That is the ultimate goal of the progressives after all. A nice compliant, unarmed, group of subjects.
I know many very rich people and a few local politicians doesn't change the story.

No, you don't. You don't know billionaires. They and the State and Federal politicians are those who are pushing a globalist agenda. It is they who wish to disarm the population.
I know many billionaires... am very close with a family that is in Forbes top 50 richest In the world. How do you know who I know? So presumptive if you

I doubt that very highly. I too know many billionaires and they don't look at the world the way normal people do. If you actually knew them you would fundamentally KNOW this.
Perhaps you don't know as much as you think and i'm not lying about who I know.

If you admit that we can't prevent it, and you acknowledge that bad people will always be able to get the guns they want, what makes you think they won't just get them? Here is an Israeli woman with an M-16.

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

The Israeli's have figured out that gun control doesn't work. So have MORE people carrying guns and they will be able to stop the bad actors before they are able to kill a lot of people.

That is the reality.
Im sure some bad guys will always be able to get their hands on those guns. Others maybe not. Maybe they just use a pistol instead or the quickest easiest thing they can find... In those cases maybe they only kill a couple people and not dozens. Don't you think that makes sense? Don't you think if it saves lives then it is worth exploring?

No country that has banned guns has been massacre free. Thus the assumption that you make is false. Blindly following a false assumption is the height of insanity, and/or stupidity.

Once again for the slow and truly stupid, criminals have access to fully automatic weapons IF THEY WANT THEM. They chose not to use them because they are not what they need to commit their crimes they are inefficient at that. Further there has been NO use of a legal full auto to murder anyone except ONE cop that caught his wife in bed with another man. You claimed they were used by gangs in the 80's I ask for proof you have provided NO LINK that supports your claim.
Are you still talking? I thought we already when through this?

I was speaking about Uzi's and Ak-47's in regards to the 1980's gang's.. And I'm not interested in playing the semantic word games with you. If you can't follow what i'm saying then leave the conversation.
----
Vector Arms built and marketed numerous versions of the Uzi carbine and the MiniUzi. Today, while the civilian manufacture, sale and possession of post 1986 select-fire Uzi and its variants is prohibited in the United States it is still legal to sell templates, tooling and manuals to complete such conversion.
Uzi - Wikipedia

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

That is the reality.

No country that has banned guns has been massacre free. Thus the assumption that you make is false. Blindly following a false assumption is the height of insanity, and/or stupidity.
I've never once claimed anything could make a country massacre free. I wouldn't do so because it is not realistic. In fact, i've said the opposite, that nothing will ever stop people from killing or getting their hands on guns. Re-read my last statement I think i explained it pretty clearly

That's because you don't know any super rich people, nor do you know any politicians. That is the ultimate goal of the progressives after all. A nice compliant, unarmed, group of subjects.
I know many very rich people and a few local politicians doesn't change the story.

No, you don't. You don't know billionaires. They and the State and Federal politicians are those who are pushing a globalist agenda. It is they who wish to disarm the population.
I know many billionaires... am very close with a family that is in Forbes top 50 richest In the world. How do you know who I know? So presumptive if you

I doubt that very highly. I too know many billionaires and they don't look at the world the way normal people do. If you actually knew them you would fundamentally KNOW this.

Like I said, I know the super rich, I know a woman who bought a 200 million dollar hotel in a week so she could fire a employee that insulted her. One of my oldest friends gave the country of Israel 100 million dollars way back in 1948 to buy guns when they were founded, they don't look at the world the way normal people do. Most are incredibly arrogant, and pompous asses, some are very reasonable, but all have a sense of innate superiority that they can't, or don't bother to hide. And to a person they have all felt they knew better than anyone else.

They feel they are above the law and desire to control the people of the planet. Some are just more overt about it than others.

Are you still talking? I thought we already when through this?

I was speaking about Uzi's and Ak-47's in regards to the 1980's gang's.. And I'm not interested in playing the semantic word games with you. If you can't follow what i'm saying then leave the conversation.
----
Vector Arms built and marketed numerous versions of the Uzi carbine and the MiniUzi. Today, while the civilian manufacture, sale and possession of post 1986 select-fire Uzi and its variants is prohibited in the United States it is still legal to sell templates, tooling and manuals to complete such conversion.
Uzi - Wikipedia

No gangs were using machineguns until the TV show Miami Vice popularized their usage. Not even the Colombian cartels used them. They preferred double barrel shotguns for their murders. That was the one thing the movie Scarface got correct, the assassin that eventually kills Montana does so with a side by side sawed off shotgun.

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

That is the reality.

For example in the UK, criminals can get their hands on guns, but often don't use them because they're afraid of losing their gun and being unable to get another one. The biggest exception were the Yardies from Jamaica who were managing to bring in guns. The mob of Britain before the Yardies came in was generally without guns. But there was a spike about 15 years ago in gun violence, but the authorities mostly dealt with that.

I'm about as much of a gun nut as anybody and I really don't care one way or the other.

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

That is the reality.

For example in the UK, criminals can get their hands on guns, but often don't use them because they're afraid of losing their gun and being unable to get another one. The biggest exception were the Yardies from Jamaica who were managing to bring in guns. The mob of Britain before the Yardies came in was generally without guns. But there was a spike about 15 years ago in gun violence, but the authorities mostly dealt with that.

If that were true the number of gunshot victims flooding UK hospitals wouldn't be........well flooding in. You are factually wrong.

I said multiple times yesterday bump stocks should 100% absolutely be banned!! I have a BIG problem with a device intended to do an end run around current law and getting away with it on a technicality. Second, bump stocks only make it that much easier for the gun control lobby to attack us its freaking stupid.

I'm all for restricting bump stocks. The Obama administration should never have given them their blessing. However, this will accomplish exactly what?

Have you heard of Youtube? How about 3-D Printers?

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

That is the reality.

"Don't you think if it saves lives then it is worth exploring?"

False assumption. How would lives be saved if the murderer/terrorist uses explosives, or airplanes, or poisoned cool aid instead?

They were talking anti-gun because they want to do something. Most people who want gun control aren't doing it to line their pockets they are doing it because they truly feel like it will help make our country safer.

Since many other countries have the level of gun control you and the other Progressives falsely believe will save lives why do those other countries have far more violent crimes?

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

That is the reality.

False assumption. How would lives be saved if the murderer/terrorist uses explosives, or airplanes, or poisoned cool aid instead?

And they had that choice, but it's often harder to get such things or carry out such things. Guns are the weapon of choice because they're easy to get. They're not the weapon of choice in the UK, and the murder rate is much lower.

Like I said, I know the super rich, I know a woman who bought a 200 million dollar hotel in a week so she could fire a employee that insulted her. One of my oldest friends gave the country of Israel 100 million dollars way back in 1948 to buy guns when they were founded, they don't look at the world the way normal people do. Most are incredibly arrogant, and pompous asses, some are very reasonable, but all have a sense of innate superiority that they can't, or don't bother to hide. And to a person they have all felt they knew better than anyone else.

They feel they are above the law and desire to control the people of the planet. Some are just more overt about it than others.
It sounds like you run in pretty pretentious circles. I know 4 families that are in the 3 comma club and all are extremely thoughtful and generous people. Yes they have a very different view of the world but are no where close to the type of people that you describe. Just as it was presumptive and wrong of you to assume to know the type of people I know, it is also presumptive and wrong of you to assume you know what is in the heart of every billionaire and politician. I lose respect for your arguments when you use generalizations and presumptions like these. Do yourself a favor and stop do that.

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

That is the reality.

If one person walks into a crowded bar and has to use a single shot pistol or riffle instead of an automatic weapon that could spray 100's of rounds a minute then I think lives are saved. Yes, if a criminal tries hard enough they can probably still get one, like the guy in Vegas did. He invested over 100K into his arsenal. Not everybody is going to do that. Some are going to get whatever they can. Do you really not understand this?

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

article-1196941-05900DF7000005DC-677_468x636.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

If o

ne person walks into a crowded bar and has to use a single shot pistol or riffle instead of an automatic weapon that could spray 100's of rounds a minute then I think lives are saved. Yes, if a criminal tries hard enough they can probably still get one, like the guy in Vegas did. He invested over 100K into his arsenal. Not everybody is going to do that. Some are going to get whatever they can. Do you really not understand this?

You can make one in a decent shop.

Have you heard of 3-D printers? They can be used to make non-metal guns. They're not very accurate or reliable yet but the technology is improving, is it not? Also, a bump stock is far, far less complex than an actual gun.

Forum List

Back