Zone1 Should You Raise a Gender Neutral Son?

The entwining of freedom and responsibility has to do with cases where freedom intersects with someone else's rights. "Your freedom to swing your arms ends at my nose" for instance. The responsibility there is to respect other people as you go about exercising your freedom. I don't know what any of that has to do with mature thought. I don't even know what you mean by that.
That is revealing.

When I was a kid, I loved building forts, getting in dirt clod wars, and collecting pollywogs at the local creek.

I'm sure glad I wasn't raised by crazy woke idiots who valued empty virtue signaling above all else. My own were actual parents.

When I was a kid, I loved building forts, getting in dirt clod wars, and collecting pollywogs at the local creek.

I'm sure glad I wasn't raised by crazy woke idiots who valued empty virtue signaling above all else. My own were actual parents.
Me and my brothers grew up doing the same, what does any of that have to do with understanding that other people's identities are as valid as your own?

You don't even know the difference between biological sex and social gender. One is based on objective biological facts and the other is entirely made up. Not just for trans people but for everyone.

Ok, let's just pretend and go with that nonsense. If Transgenders have 'problems' with their gender, then why do they want to change sex? The clue is in their description, gender, is it not? So what's the convoluted excuse?

As a supporter of the LGTBQ community this seems well intentioned but maybe misguided. Not the letting your child experience different toys and games and activities. That's fine and normal. I thought that's what you were supposed to do before the notion of gender was even popular. But I think it's okay to gender you child so long as you're open to adjusting your perspective if, when they're able, they express to you confusion over it. As for Jazz Jennings there's always regret among medical treatments. Trans treatment show some of the lowest rates.
Transgenderism is a mental illness because it stems from a mental illness which is 'gender dysphoria' in the past, this condition was treated toward enabling the child to accept their natal gender. It worked, for the most part, until the Democrat Marxist party introduced this insane alphabet gender garbage. Studies show that young males almost always choose masculine toys to play with and girls choose more feminine toys. It's an absolute abomination toward children to tell them there are more than 2 genders. It is unscientific, not supported by biological reality, and promotes mental illness. There are plenty of people who regret transitioning. IMO, this is due to the medical community taking a 'Laissez-faire' attitude toward propaganda claiming there is more than one sex. They recently are discussing a 'better selection process' in deciding whether or not to carve up a kid because they 'feel' they are the wrong sex. They know good an well 'transitioning' perfectly intact and healthy kids is an abomination. Yet there are SOME in the medical community content to grab the scalpel and apply it to a child for no reason.

Ok, let's just pretend and go with that nonsense.
No need to pretend, it's the reality recognized by the scientific community.
If Transgenders have 'problems' with their gender, then why do they want to change sex? The clue is in their description, gender, is it not? So what's the convoluted excuse?
Transgender is a spectrum and a blanket term for people with diverse gender identities and expressions that includes everything from changing your pronouns and the manner in which you dress, up to surgical affirmation. Not everyone who is transgender will seek surgical transition and they do so so that their physical bodies more closely align with internal sense self. You can't change your biological sex.
That Dogmaphobe is an example normal.
Normal is simply the mathematical average. It doesn't mean unnatural. Red heads and left handed aren't the norm but it's perfectly natural thing to be red headed or left handed.

Transgenderism is a mental illness because it stems from a mental illness which is 'gender dysphoria' in the past, this condition was treated toward enabling the child to accept their natal gender. It worked, for the most part, until the Democrat Marxist party introduced this insane alphabet gender garbage.
None of the above is true.

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-
families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria#section_4

One’s gender expression does not necessarily align with their gender identity. Diverse gender expressions, much like diverse gender identities, are not indications of a mental disorder....

Support for people with gender dysphoria may include open-ended exploration of their feelings and experiences of gender identity and expression, without the therapist having any pre-defined gender identity or expression outcome defined as preferable to another.2 Psychological attempts to force a transgender person to be cisgender (sometimes referred to as gender identity conversion efforts or so-called “gender identity conversion therapy”) are considered unethical and have been linked to adverse mental health outcomes.

Studies show that young males almost always choose masculine toys to play with and girls choose more feminine toys. It's an absolute abomination toward children to tell them there are more than 2 genders. It is unscientific, not supported by biological reality, and promotes mental illness.
What does one thing have to do with the other? Just because boys typically tend to toys that are louder or more aggressive doesn't mean that all boys do or that all girls like dolls and dresses. Also just because boys tend to embrace more violent and aggressive toys and play doesn't mean it's necessarily good to encourage that at the exclusion of play that might promote empathy, cooperation or artful creativity.
There are plenty of people who regret transitioning.
There are people who regret every type of medical procedure and even though we have a lack of comprehensive follow up studies, regret among transitioners seems to be lower than regret for most other medical procedures.

Regret after Gender-affirmation Surgery: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Prevalence

POST-TREATMENT REGRET AMONG YOUNG BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS

Here's two studies examining regret among patients. The first one showing around 1% of patients having regret over their transition surgery and the second showing 42% of women regretting some asspect of their best cancer treatment with 24% regretting the primary surgery. Should this make stop treatment on breast cancer?
IMO, this is due to the medical community taking a 'Laissez-faire' attitude toward propaganda claiming there is more than one sex.
In my opinion these cosplay arguments from the Right wing are due to too many participation trophies growing up and video games with Call of Duty players now imagining themselves capable of war except in this case, non medical professionals and people who lack any sort of medical training, imagining themselves to be internet clinicians.
They recently are discussing a 'better selection process' in deciding whether or not to carve up a kid because they 'feel' they are the wrong sex. They know good an well 'transitioning' perfectly intact and healthy kids is an abomination. Yet there are SOME in the medical community content to grab the scalpel and apply it to a child for no reason.
Sure. 1% regret is awesome but still not perfect and a disservice to the 1%. I'm glad the medical community strives towards unobtainable perfection.

None of the above is true.

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-
families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria#section_4

One’s gender expression does not necessarily align with their gender identity. Diverse gender expressions, much like diverse gender identities, are not indications of a mental disorder....

Support for people with gender dysphoria may include open-ended exploration of their feelings and experiences of gender identity and expression, without the therapist having any pre-defined gender identity or expression outcome defined as preferable to another.2 Psychological attempts to force a transgender person to be cisgender (sometimes referred to as gender identity conversion efforts or so-called “gender identity conversion therapy”) are considered unethical and have been linked to adverse mental health outcomes.

What does one thing have to do with the other? Just because boys typically tend to toys that are louder or more aggressive doesn't mean that all boys do or that all girls like dolls and dresses. Also just because boys tend to embrace more violent and aggressive toys and play doesn't mean it's necessarily good to encourage that at the exclusion of play that might promote empathy, cooperation or artful creativity.

There are people who regret every type of medical procedure and even though we have a lack of comprehensive follow up studies, regret among transitioners seems to be lower than regret for most other medical procedures.

Regret after Gender-affirmation Surgery: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Prevalence

POST-TREATMENT REGRET AMONG YOUNG BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS

Here's two studies examining regret among patients. The first one showing around 1% of patients having regret over their transition surgery and the second showing 42% of women regretting some asspect of their best cancer treatment with 24% regretting the primary surgery. Should this make stop treatment on breast cancer?

In my opinion these cosplay arguments from the Right wing are due to too many participation trophies growing up and video games with Call of Duty players now imagining themselves capable of war except in this case, non medical professionals and people who lack any sort of medical training, imagining themselves to be internet clinicians.

Sure. 1% regret is awesome but still not perfect and a disservice to the 1%. I'm glad the medical community strives towards unobtainable perfection.
Why so much space to explain your stance?

This is one of the articles that popped in my MicroSoft Start Page browser this morning: MSN , "Should you Raise a Gender Neutral Son?"

This is the kind of crap that millions of people are falling for. The obvious answer is Hell No! Otherwise you are setting up your son to be confused. Affirm from birth that he is a boy because he has boy parts. There is no need to confuse him about his gender as if gender is role that people play. There is no need to set him on a path of confusion that can lead to the mutilation of his body (cutting of his dick), being a life long patient of hormone treatments, and sterilization. Can anyone say Jazz Jennings?

Kids aren't confused.
It's the adults who get confused.

Kids grow up with all manner of weird stuff, but they don't know any different and they adapt. Some grow up with mental rich parents, other grow up in poverty, there's everything in between on many spectra, and they deal with it.

As a supporter of the LGTBQ community this seems well intentioned but maybe misguided. Not the letting your child experience different toys and games and activities. That's fine and normal. I thought that's what you were supposed to do before the notion of gender was even popular. But I think it's okay to gender you child so long as you're open to adjusting your perspective if, when they're able, they express to you confusion over it. As for Jazz Jennings there's always regret among medical treatments. Trans treatment show some of the lowest rates.

Boy are boys and girls are girls.

We took that was then four year old granddaughter to a toy store a few years back. She told us she definitely did not want any boy toys.

This is one of the articles that popped in my MicroSoft Start Page browser this morning: MSN , "Should you Raise a Gender Neutral Son?"

This is the kind of crap that millions of people are falling for. The obvious answer is Hell No! Otherwise you are setting up your son to be confused. Affirm from birth that he is a boy because he has boy parts. There is no need to confuse him about his gender as if gender is role that people play. There is no need to set him on a path of confusion that can lead to the mutilation of his body (cutting of his dick), being a life long patient of hormone treatments, and sterilization. Can anyone say Jazz Jennings?
You should just love your kids. Thats not just a left wing thing. Its a being a decent parent thing.

You should just love your kids. Thats not just a left wing thing. Its a being a decent parent thing.
I say that leading your child down a road that leads to having his dick and balls cut off due to gender confusion is a poor way of loving him.

You know that nobody does that on a whim. What are you going to do ? Kick them out ?
Your question leads me to believe that you don't understand the topic of this thread. You might want to reread the opening post. It's about parents that raise their children "gender neutral" from birth.

Boy are boys and girls are girls.

We took that was then four year old granddaughter to a toy store a few years back. She told us she definitely did not want any boy toys.
If that were true of every child you wouldn't have to try and legislate against gender diversity.

If that were true of every child you wouldn't have to try and legislate against gender diversity.
Diversty.

When it comes to gender then it is mentally sick to become biologically what you were not born with.

When it comes to race diversity sucks when it becomes a discrimination tool.

Diversty.

When it comes to gender then it is mentally sick to become biologically what you were not born with.

When it comes to race diversity sucks when it becomes a discrimination tool.
I don't care how you feel Flash. You're not someone who's mental health assessments I would ever take seriously nor do I care that as a white man, you feel discriminated against. Good. Feel that way. Sit in it and learn to love it cause you sure as fuck ain't changing it.

I don't care how you feel Flash. You're not someone who's mental health assessments I would ever take seriously nor do I care that as a white man, you feel discriminated against. Good. Feel that way. Sit in it and learn to love it cause you sure as fuck ain't changing it.
If you are a trannie male that wants to cut off your pecker to help pretend you are a woman then believe me, you are a sicko.

These people that do that shit are still biologically what they were born with and no amount of wearing wigs or cross dressing or taking the opposite sex's hormones is going to change that.

It is make believe. Very mentally disturbed make believe. No wonder those sickos have such a high rate of suicide. They ain't right in the head.

Forum List

Back