Zone1 Should You Raise a Gender Neutral Son?

lol .. feeling something doesn't make you that something ...
That's not a very clear argument. Care to be proud enough of your argument to make a clear one?
fantasy vs. reality .. and it only takes a simple mind to understand .. unlike a complex, unrealistic mind we continue to see .. :popcorn:
The reality is I just linked to you the people who write the book on mental health. If you expect me to believe you know better than them I'm going to need a bit more than your say so.

Given the very tiny number of individuals that truly have some type of "gender" exception, encouraging parents to look for and cultivate it can easily be considered some sort of malicious intent.

That's not a very clear argument. Care to be proud enough of your argument to make a clear one?
Of course .. being a biological male and feeling like you're a female, red tailed hawk or other deviant outcome doesn't make it so .. it's a clear demonstration of mental illness. A mental illness that was identified until recent decades.

The reality is I just linked to you the people who write the book on mental health. If you expect me to believe you know better than them I'm going to need a bit more than your say so.
LOL .. if a simple mind can understand it .. and you rely on "the science" .. which contradicts centuries of biological science .. it's pretty clear.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
This is one of the articles that popped in my MicroSoft Start Page browser this morning: MSN , "Should you Raise a Gender Neutral Son?"

This is the kind of crap that millions of people are falling for.
Alternatively raise all your kids with the same morals, expectations, and guidelines. ;)

Of course .. being a biological male and feeling like you're a female, red tailed hawk or other deviant outcome doesn't make it so .. it's a clear demonstration of mental illness. A mental illness that was identified until recent decades.
Imagining yourself capable of making mental health evaluations doesn't make it so. You don't even know the difference between biological sex and social gender. One is based on objective biological facts and the other is entirely made up. Not just for trans people but for everyone.
LOL .. if a simple mind can understand it .. and you rely on "the science" .. which contradicts centuries of biological science .. it's pretty clear.
Who said simple minds can understand how to evaluate mental health? That may be your claim but it isn't mine. As far as I know we don't let simpletons practice healthcare. Typically you need a license that you earn after years of education and on hands training and observation. You're like a mediocre Call of Duty player who now imagines himself knowledgeable in warfare.

I had a wiener dog that would kill you for a grape.

Pro-tip, action figures are just dolls called something else...
And when you're building that clubhouse it's absolutely not home decorating....

I love the little lies we tell ourselves so we can feel more emotionally distant from the ones we love... :laugh:

America needs therapy.

And when you're building that clubhouse it's absolutely not home decorating....

I love the little lies we tell ourselves so we can feel more emotionally distant from the ones we love... :laugh:

America needs therapy.
Thats the part I am confused about. If you allow them the same opportunities, but they have the same duties, whats the issue? Both my kids did band, sports, computer games, whatever.

Imagining yourself capable of making mental health evaluations doesn't make it so. You don't even know the difference between biological sex and social gender. One is based on objective biological facts and the other is entirely made up. Not just for trans people but for everyone.
I realized that made up fantasies, like being a super hero with the ability to fly, be bullet proof and mind control were .. well .. made up and fantasies. We can't change the scientific physics of our being .. just like the millenia old science that there are male and female.

It's pretty simple. Want me to share with you a basic overview from real education pre-dating today's lackluster education?

Who said simple minds can understand how to evaluate mental health? That may be your claim but it isn't mine. As far as I know we don't let simpletons practice healthcare. Typically you need a license that you earn after years of education and on hands training and observation. You're like a mediocre Call of Duty player who now imagines himself knowledgeable in warfare.
Poor analogy .. you're the individual that believes an education makes one an expert on a topic -- it doesn't and you're a naive individual if you believe this.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to read history and see transgenderism was classified as a mental health issue .. and the results we see today, continue to resonate that definition.... even for simple mind.

yes . yes .. because a Masters of the Universe He-man character is the same as a Barbie doll ... the He-man character is so girly!
Barbie was a toy that encouraged children to want more toys. Once kids had a Barbie, they wanted to buy her boyfriend Ken (introduced in 1961), her Dreamhouse (1962) and her little sister Skipper (1964)—not to mention more clothes for Barbie. Don Levine, vice president and director of marketing at the rival toy company Hasbro, was interested in developing a similar toy Hasbro could market to boys. He helped convince the company to buy inventor Stan Weston’s idea for a military doll. In 1964, Hasbro released that toy as G.I. Joe.

1960s–1970s[edit]

WWE wrestling fighters by Hasbro, the company that first used the term "action figure" in 1964
The term "action figure" was coined by Hasbro in 1964, to market their G.I. Joe figure to boys who refused to play with "dolls", a term primarily associated as a girl's toy. (A similar toy named Johnny Hero was introduced by Rosko Industries for Sears in 1965, but was known as a "Boy's Doll" since the term action figure had not gained widespread usage at that point.) G.I. Joe was initially a military-themed 11.5-inch figure proposed by marketing and toy idea-man Stan Weston. It featured changeable clothes with various uniforms to suit different purposes.

Barbie was a toy that encouraged children to want more toys. Once kids had a Barbie, they wanted to buy her boyfriend Ken (introduced in 1961), her Dreamhouse (1962) and her little sister Skipper (1964)—not to mention more clothes for Barbie. Don Levine, vice president and director of marketing at the rival toy company Hasbro, was interested in developing a similar toy Hasbro could market to boys. He helped convince the company to buy inventor Stan Weston’s idea for a military doll. In 1964, Hasbro released that toy as G.I. Joe.

1960s–1970s[edit]

WWE wrestling fighters by Hasbro, the company that first used the term "action figure" in 1964
The term "action figure" was coined by Hasbro in 1964, to market their G.I. Joe figure to boys who refused to play with "dolls", a term primarily associated as a girl's toy. (A similar toy named Johnny Hero was introduced by Rosko Industries for Sears in 1965, but was known as a "Boy's Doll" since the term action figure had not gained widespread usage at that point.) G.I. Joe was initially a military-themed 11.5-inch figure proposed by marketing and toy idea-man Stan Weston. It featured changeable clothes with various uniforms to suit different purposes.
Not sure what your point is other than .. one is masculine targeting actual males, and one is feminine targeting girls. It's pretty simple.

Not sure what your point is other than .. one is masculine targeting actual males, and one is feminine targeting girls. It's pretty simple.
I was just reminding that action figures are just a subset of doll.

Our daughter had littlest Pet Shop, and some fort of cute monster girl action figures/world. Combining those with Legos was interesting. She once lego'd up the oldest wiener dog in a "house." He was not amused.

I was just reminding that action figures are just a subset of doll.

Our daughter had littlest Pet Shop, and some fort of cute monster girl action figures/world. Combining those with Legos was interesting. She once lego'd up the oldest wiener dog in a "house." He was not amused.
Pretty much all consumer goods are a subset of some baseline .. you can get a masculine themed laptop vs. a feminine them laptop... or costumes .. or key chains .. or jewelry ..

It's not rocket science .. it caters to the wishes of the consumer.

Pretty much all consumer goods are a subset of some baseline .. you can get a masculine themed laptop vs. a feminine them laptop... or costumes .. or key chains .. or jewelry ..

It's not rocket science .. it caters to the wishes of the consumer.
Very true.

The question should be "why should you raise a gender neutral son"? I want to know why anyone should.

Me? I couldn't ever have a gender neutral kid because I was raised in the country by my grandma thats a Christian country old school woman that was harder than a coffin nail. And my uncle that was a dyed in the wool marine.

Granted if I had a kid I couldn't force them to turn out one specific way but I'd damned sure never create a environment for them that didn't foster anything but helping them be a smart, tough, strong willed, independent, responsible and decent person. No gender neutral whatever can come out of that environment unless I failed as a parent.

This is one of the articles that popped in my MicroSoft Start Page browser this morning: MSN , "Should you Raise a Gender Neutral Son?"

This is the kind of crap that millions of people are falling for. The obvious answer is Hell No! Otherwise you are setting up your son to be confused. Affirm from birth that he is a boy because he has boy parts. There is no need to confuse him about his gender as if gender is role that people play. There is no need to set him on a path of confusion that can lead to the mutilation of his body (cutting of his dick), being a life long patient of hormone treatments, and sterilization. Can anyone say Jazz Jennings?

Why would any person read such a stupid article in the first place?

I swear the print this garbage just to wind gullible fools like you up.

Millions of people are not doing this. Nobody is doing this!!! Don’t be an idiot and fall for this garbage.

Children learn at a very early age that you're either a boy or a girl. If they claim that they don't know what gender they are it is entirely the fault of the parents to not teach them the difference. This isn't just something that they claim upon their own in other words.

A well known psychologist once said that he had never met a person with "multiple personality" who had not already spoken with a psychologist who asked about it.

Forum List

Back