Should we blacks celebrate 4th of July? Not this escaped slave!

I don't celebrate any holidays. I don't celebrate the 4th because it wasn't our (blacks) independence. I'm black first, American second.

then pack your shit and head over to Monrovia and I don't mean Monrovia California, I mean Monrovia Liberia. You want the mules and land, we'll take up a collection.

So we should leave because we find no reason to celebrate the 4th of July? Actually whites have a reason to celebrate because without the labor of my ancestors this country would have existed, they're just pissed because they can't convince the average black to celebrate that.

:lol::lol::lol:

I see this as a new high water mark in your level of ignorance and stupidity.....:clap2:

Good for you. I don't celebrate it and I never said America's negatives out weighted it's positives. July 4th 1776 wasn't independence day for blacks in America, so why would a black person celebrate it. Two of my best friends are Apache and Navajo, respectively. Both are former Marines and both don't celebrate the 4th, are they wrong?

There are no 'former Marines'. There are only serving and retired Marines. Idiot.

And, for the record, I know plenty of blacks, and a few Native Americans - and they celebrate the 4th.

Correction, they barbecue and cook out on 4th of July and get drunk, not celebrate the holiday, simply following tradition.

Nope. The blacks you know might do that.... but not all blacks behave like that. Such racism towards your own race is sad to see.

Let me rephrase my initial OP question a bit more realistically and direct to the point, should blacks celebrate the 4th of July 1776 independence of American whites from the British Crown? If yes, for what reasons? Lets see retards weasel their was out of that.

If you were honest CG you would acknowledge the comments made by your brothers in conservatiivism above and then remark how the irratinal hate of Radical Islam towards Israel mirrors the irrational hate expressed above.

You might also acknowledge that F. Douglas was a hero for seeking freedom and liberty for others no less so than the son's of the American Revolution.

I can't speak for a blackman today, but to condemn their feelings and ignore the continuing racism of a minority of whites today is disingenuous and disgusting.

A minority of whites, who have no power to act on there bigotry. There feelings are stupid. It was 200 years ago, no black person in this country can claim any hardship due to slavery. It is over. They would do better to continue to improve there lot in life and try being happy.

When did slavery stop causing a "hardship" for blacks Americans, what year?

First, Who cares. Second, in this day in this country, any hardship they experience is what the individual brings on them selves. There are to many successful Black Men and Women to say other wise. And I dont mean Rap stars or sports hero's. I point to our President as an example. I dont like his politics, but no one can deny he shattered ALL the black stereotypes out there. He made it to the top and is tho most powerful man in the world. He did not get there by wallowing in the past. He kept his eyes forward and busted his ass and made something of him self. So how about YOU point out how slavery still impacts the life of Blacks 200 years later.

It's that attitude that ensures that Americans first will always view you as second class.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Why would I give a shit about how "Americans" view me? The only opinions that matter to me are those of my kids.

To each his own. But MLK Jr sure gave a shit. Do you also 'choose' not to celebrate the holiday in his honor?

I honor MLK Jr by working and providing for my family. I don't celebrate any holidays, MLK Jr day included.

Basically, no real reasons have been give to show that blacks should celebrate the 4th of July 1776 which mark the independence of American whites from British whites.

its the day we have chosen to celebrate the day the nation was born, however it is not a person, it not just a 'birthday', we are celebrating the 200 some odd years its 'life' encompasses via the creation of such.

If the nation had never been born you would not be here to partake of what it has to offer, so picking some flyshit out of the pile is just another excuse to play the pity me game, even if there its not thing to pity.

You are so steeped in the victimization mentality you cannot even allow yourself to be happy, you'll shit on anything so as to feed your pathology ...I actually pity you. :eusa_shhh:

Let me rephrase my initial OP question a bit more realistically and direct to the point, should blacks celebrate the 4th of July 1776 independence of American whites from the British Crown? If yes, for what reasons? Lets see retards weasel their was out of that.

oh so you're off the civil war thing eh? I see.....:lol:

Yes, but only if they're bigger men than the long dead slave owners that enslaved their ancestors. If not, then no.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

There are no 'former Marines'. There are only serving and retired Marines. Idiot.

And, for the record, I know plenty of blacks, and a few Native Americans - and they celebrate the 4th.

Correction, they barbecue and cook out on 4th of July and get drunk, not celebrate the holiday, simply following tradition.

Nope. The blacks you know might do that.... but not all blacks behave like that. Such racism towards your own race is sad to see.

Try asking them what are they really celebrating and how it applies to them and see what happens. No one cares about that BS, the only thing that matters is a day off and barbecues with fireworks. I know it bothers you that some of us blacks who really have studied history are not as brainwashed and and as dumb as some Negroes are, but whites are even more worse off in that regard.

Why would I give a shit about how "Americans" view me? The only opinions that matter to me are those of my kids.

To each his own. But MLK Jr sure gave a shit. Do you also 'choose' not to celebrate the holiday in his honor?

I honor MLK Jr by working and providing for my family. I don't celebrate any holidays, MLK Jr day included.

You must be a Jehovah's Witness.

You have my sincerest condolences.

Hates for past wrongs? What would you expect blacks to do in a country where Presidents can't even bring themselves to apologize for slavery ala Bill Clinton? This thread isn't about slavery moron, I asked the question as to whether blacks should celebrate the Fourth of July since the holiday wasn't about the freedom of all Americans because my ancestors never mattered when it was created? I don't give a damn about your guilt complex, it isn't my job to placate your conscious.

Sure looks like it's all about slavery to me bub. What so I expect blacks to do? Stop pissing and moaning about the way things were and start working on ways to improve the way things are now and the way thinga should be for your children. News flash bub, the poor me victimization routine ain't workin' for you. And BTW, I sure as hell don't have a guilt complex where blacks are concerned. If you as a person or as a group don't have the guts or the determination to change yourself, then it's all on you. I feel bad for you though, cuz you're leaving a deeper hole for your kids to climb out of. Congratulations, they'll be dealing with the same hatred, anger, and resentment that you are now, instead of creating more options and choices. And you think I'm the moron?

More ad-hominem BS, can you state the positives that the 4th of July had for blacks that would merit us to celebrate it or will you coward out and whine that blacks just need to get over it which is an admission that there were no positives in the 4th of July for blacks? Do you really think that blacks should celebrate the independence of American whites from British whites as independence for all "Americans?"

What I think is that you should be damned glad you're an American citizen and that there is a USA. There's a whole lot of people in other countries that would gladly trade places with you in one quick hurry. Live in the past all you want, worrying about black and white. What a waste. I'm done here, have a good day.

A minority of whites, who have no power to act on there bigotry. There feelings are stupid. It was 200 years ago, no black person in this country can claim any hardship due to slavery. It is over. They would do better to continue to improve there lot in life and try being happy.

First, Who cares. Second, in this day in this country, any hardship they experience is what the individual brings on them selves. There are to many successful Black Men and Women to say other wise. And I dont mean Rap stars or sports hero's. I point to our President as an example. I dont like his politics, but no one can deny he shattered ALL the black stereotypes out there. He made it to the top and is tho most powerful man in the world. He did not get there by wallowing in the past. He kept his eyes forward and busted his ass and made something of him self. So how about YOU point out how slavery still impacts the life of Blacks 200 years later.

First, you are the one with the hardship/slavery mantra. I asked when it stopped being a hardship. You made the statement, you justify it.

I find it funny that any time a black person makes a statement viewed as pro-black we are assumed to be non successful in our personal/professional lives. Isn't that a stereotype?

Basically, no real reasons have been give to show that blacks should celebrate the 4th of July 1776 which mark the independence of American whites from British whites.

its the day we have chosen to celebrate the day the nation was born, however it is not a person, it not just a 'birthday', we are celebrating the 200 some odd years its 'life' encompasses via the creation of such.

If the nation had never been born you would not be here to partake of what it has to offer, so picking some flyshit out of the pile is just another excuse to play the pity me game, even if there its not thing to pity.

You are so steeped in the victimization mentality you cannot even allow yourself to be happy, you'll shit on anything so as to feed your pathology ...I actually pity you. :eusa_shhh:

So blacks should celebrate the "birth of the nation" which is really the independence of American whites from the British Crown at a time when their ancestors were still slaves? without the same rights as those Americans as stated in the Declaration of Independence?

First, you are the one with the hardship/slavery mantra. I asked when it stopped being a hardship. You made the statement, you justify it.

I find it funny that any time a black person makes a statement viewed as pro-black we are assumed to be non successful in our personal/professional lives. Isn't that a stereotype?

It sure is.

And where do you think it stems from?

Cowardly statement. You are a racist. You still haven't answered why you stay. I pity you that your life stinks so bad. You are no better then Bubba Red Neck sitting on the porch of his trailer house hating the world for keeping him down, while he collects food stamps and AFDC. Yes, white folks do that to. Bet you have an FTW flag in you window to. And you still wont say how a practice from 200 years ago has any effect on your life today. Pity.

You must be a Jehovah's Witness.

You have my sincerest condolences.

I'm not a Jehovah's Witness or a member of any religion. Isn't your religious bigotry un-American?

Forum List

Back