Should we blacks celebrate 4th of July? Not this escaped slave!

You can hold onto the hate for past wrongs all you want to, it will avail you nothing but wasted time and energy. You can look at the current situation and bitch about it all you want, but again it will avail you nothing. Or so you set about doing something constructive about it. Slavery is long gone and dead, why don't you remove the chains?

Hates for past wrongs? What would you expect blacks to do in a country where Presidents can't even bring themselves to apologize for slavery ala Bill Clinton? This thread isn't about slavery moron, I asked the question as to whether blacks should celebrate the Fourth of July since the holiday wasn't about the freedom of all Americans because my ancestors never mattered when it was created? I don't give a damn about your guilt complex, it isn't my job to placate your conscious.

Sure looks like it's all about slavery to me bub. What so I expect blacks to do? Stop pissing and moaning about the way things were and start working on ways to improve the way things are now and the way thinga should be for your children. News flash bub, the poor me victimization routine ain't workin' for you. And BTW, I sure as hell don't have a guilt complex where blacks are concerned. If you as a person or as a group don't have the guts or the determination to change yourself, then it's all on you. I feel bad for you though, cuz you're leaving a deeper hole for your kids to climb out of. Congratulations, they'll be dealing with the same hatred, anger, and resentment that you are now, instead of creating more options and choices. And you think I'm the moron?

More ad-hominem BS, can you state the positives that the 4th of July had for blacks that would merit us to celebrate it or will you coward out and whine that blacks just need to get over it which is an admission that there were no positives in the 4th of July for blacks? Do you really think that blacks should celebrate the independence of American whites from British whites as independence for all "Americans?"

Well I do celebrate it. And I am a human first..and an American second.

This country's positives far out weigh it's negatives.

Good for you. I don't celebrate it and I never said America's negatives out weighted it's positives. July 4th 1776 wasn't independence day for blacks in America, so why would a black person celebrate it. Two of my best friends are Apache and Navajo, respectively. Both are former Marines and both don't celebrate the 4th, are they wrong?

There are no 'former Marines'. There are only serving and retired Marines. Idiot.

And, for the record, I know plenty of blacks, and a few Native Americans - and they celebrate the 4th.

Correction, they barbecue and cook out on 4th of July and get drunk, not celebrate the holiday, simply following tradition.

What relevance does 1776 hold for blacks? Zero, the country in 1776 was nothing like it is today, when you name the positives that the 4th of July 1776 had for blacks then we can discuss, but just know not all people celebrate holidays for the hell of it or because of traditions and lies passed down from generation to generation.

You wanna be angry? Cheers.

Won't get you anywhere..and I doubt you'll feel good in the end.

Anyways..Happy Fourth.

Basically you have no positives to list that would merit the celebration of 4th of July by blacks. Just because I don't celebrate it doesn't mean I'm angry, I don't celebrate Christmas nor Easter either.

He is trying to invoke white guilt.

What does "white guilt" have to do with what holidays I celebrate? Are you feeling guilty?

Not one bit, not ever. And I never will. No black person living in America today has any right to claim any hardship from slavery. Not any.

No black person alive today has any reason to celebrate 4th of July other than to barbecue on a hot summer's day.

What relevance does 1776 hold for blacks? Zero, the country in 1776 was nothing like it is today, when you name the positives that the 4th of July 1776 had for blacks then we can discuss, but just know not all people celebrate holidays for the hell of it or because of traditions and lies passed down from generation to generation.

You wanna be angry? Cheers.

Won't get you anywhere..and I doubt you'll feel good in the end.

Anyways..Happy Fourth.

Basically you have no positives to list that would merit the celebration of 4th of July by blacks. Just because I don't celebrate it doesn't mean I'm angry, I don't celebrate Christmas nor Easter either.

You have only benefited from what this country has to offer. If you hate it so much why are you still here ?

Good for you. I don't celebrate it and I never said America's negatives out weighted it's positives. July 4th 1776 wasn't independence day for blacks in America, so why would a black person celebrate it. Two of my best friends are Apache and Navajo, respectively. Both are former Marines and both don't celebrate the 4th, are they wrong?

There are no 'former Marines'. There are only serving and retired Marines. Idiot.

And, for the record, I know plenty of blacks, and a few Native Americans - and they celebrate the 4th.

What do you call Marines who aren't serving and didn't retire?

P.S. The statement is: There are no ex Marines.

I and my friends choose not to celebrate the 4th, that is our choice.

What does "white guilt" have to do with what holidays I celebrate? Are you feeling guilty?

Not one bit, not ever. And I never will. No black person living in America today has any right to claim any hardship from slavery. Not any.

No black person alive today has any reason to celebrate 4th of July other than to barbecue on a hot summer's day.

Don't need a holly day to do that. The guy I work with cooks out on St. Patty's day and he is from Jos Nigeria. he is a new American, who go's nuts on the 4th.

What do you call Marines who aren't serving and didn't retire?

P.S. The statement is: There are no ex Marines.

I and my friends choose not to celebrate the 4th, that is our choice.

Good for you. Its a free country. Enjoy.

Without inventing any ways to record their own history, the whole idea of having traditional holidays has never been a part of the African Negros way of life.

Basically, no real reasons have been give to show that blacks should celebrate the 4th of July 1776 which mark the independence of American whites from British whites.

You were never a slave, Charlie. Get the fuck over yourself. If you want to hate white people, fine... but find an actual, valid reason and stop lying about your 'past'.

If you were honest CG you would acknowledge the comments made by your brothers in conservatiivism above and then remark how the irratinal hate of Radical Islam towards Israel mirrors the irrational hate expressed above.

You might also acknowledge that F. Douglas was a hero for seeking freedom and liberty for others no less so than the son's of the American Revolution.

I can't speak for a blackman today, but to condemn their feelings and ignore the continuing racism of a minority of whites today is disingenuous and disgusting.

He is trying to invoke white guilt.

That is your opinion, of which you are entitled, I never claimed hardship from slavery as the reason I don't celebrate the 4th. I said blacks were not included in America's independence July 4th 1776. To me a black American celebrating the 4th is akin to a Jew celebrating Christmas, some do- but in my eyes- it's not kosher.

Basically, no real reasons have been give to show that blacks should celebrate the 4th of July 1776 which mark the independence of American whites from British whites.
You're more free in America, then you would be anywhere else in the world.

You were never a slave, Charlie. Get the fuck over yourself. If you want to hate white people, fine... but find an actual, valid reason and stop lying about your 'past'.

If you were honest CG you would acknowledge the comments made by your brothers in conservatiivism above and then remark how the irratinal hate of Radical Islam towards Israel mirrors the irrational hate expressed above.

You might also acknowledge that F. Douglas was a hero for seeking freedom and liberty for others no less so than the son's of the American Revolution.

I can't speak for a blackman today, but to condemn their feelings and ignore the continuing racism of a minority of whites today is disingenuous and disgusting.

A minority of whites, who have no power to act on there bigotry. There feelings are stupid. It was 200 years ago, no black person in this country can claim any hardship due to slavery. It is over. They would do better to continue to improve there lot in life and try being happy.

A minority of whites, who have no power to act on there bigotry. There feelings are stupid. It was 200 years ago, no black person in this country can claim any hardship due to slavery. It is over. They would do better to continue to improve there lot in life and try being happy.

When did slavery stop causing a "hardship" for blacks Americans, what year?

Forum List

Back