Should People Have To Pass An IQ Test To Vote

I figured that when you said anyone under 100.

You don't even know that 100 is the average IQ score and you're advocting this policy. :lol:

Absolutely I know the average is 100. Sad ain't it...

Not at all.

It doesn't matter how smart or dumb we collectively get, the average IQ score will always be 100. That's how the test is designed. That's why a score today isn't necessarily comparable to the same score 50 years ago.
Point of accuracy: The test isn't designed for an average score of 100, rather the mean of the distribtution of raw scores is given an index of 100. Agreed that IQs today may differ from those of another time because of that.

How the fuck could anyone who values the principles on which USA exists think this?

Easily. When all the wingnuts on both sides of the fence are so ill-informed and down right dumb, then they give their right to vote as far as I'm concerned..
Then you cannot value fundamental human rights. If your misguided fear is that we get stupid when the stupid vote, we have the electoral college. Our founding fathers were wise men.

The Electoral College which is made of slates of electors chosen by the candidates to represent them. Unless a massive uprising occurs in that few weeks, the person who won on election night will win their as well.

Easily. When all the wingnuts on both sides of the fence are so ill-informed and down right dumb, then they give their right to vote as far as I'm concerned..
Then you cannot value fundamental human rights. If your misguided fear is that we get stupid when the stupid vote, we have the electoral college. Our founding fathers were wise men.

The Electoral College which is made of slates of electors chosen by the candidates to represent them. Unless a massive uprising occurs in that few weeks, the person who won on election night will win their as well.
You've too simplistic an understanding of the delegates. How the delgates are chosen depends on the state and they are usually elected. The Dems' system is different from the GOP's system with super delegates. The Dems have a much more complicated system as they keep changing it because they are concerned with the results of their primaries. Hell, it even changed this past election. The GOP system has been fundamentally the same for decades.

Last edited:

You've too simplistic an understanding of the delegates. How the delgates are chosen depends on the state and they are usually elected. The Dems' system is different from the GOP's system with super delegates. The Dems have a much more complicated system as they keep changing it because they are concerned with the results of their primaries. Hell, it even changed this past election. The GOP system has been fundamentally the same for decades.

You're getting convention delegates and the Electoral College mixed up.

Shit, you're right. Long and frustrating day. My apologies. LOL. But, the electors are still elected in many states.

Last edited:

Shit, you're right. Long and frustrating day. My apologies. LOL. But, the electors are still elected in many states.

They're elected in every state. The difference is some states list them on the ballot and so do not.

We used to have the skin color test that had to be passed.

And don't forget the penis test!

Going by some of the wingnuts on this forum - I say yes.
Practicalities aside, I think most people should know the issues and what the fuck they are talking about before voting...

Illegal under US Constitution and under Civil Rights laws. To easy to manipulate, as was done for 100 years, the test to prevent the "undesirables" from voting, In the South that was an black person or low class poor white person.

That you think it is acceptable tells a whole lot about your ignorance, prejudice, failings as a member of society.

btw: Really dumb idea.

Anyone who actually has a high IQ that would seriously advocate such lunacy, clearly lacks wisdom.

It's a dumb idea because.....

To easy to manipulate, No set point where someone is removed of their rights simply because you think they are to stupid. Freedom means just that. What you advocate is not freedom at all. It is another form of fascism. But then that you support it just proves how bankrupt the left is.

By the way guys, no point in appealing to him about America, he lives in New Zealand, how about you advocate that in New Zealand this be done?

Illegal under US Constitution and under Civil Rights laws. To easy to manipulate, as was done for 100 years, the test to prevent the "undesirables" from voting, In the South that was an black person or low class poor white person.

That you think it is acceptable tells a whole lot about your ignorance, prejudice, failings as a member of society.

No, it's your history biting you in the butt.

I absolutely think it acceptable that people who give no thought to what policies or legislation a political party will enact when they get into power should not be allowed to vote. Why should my future, or anybodies, be decided by people who vote based on a quick vox pop, or a politico with a cheesy grin.....and I make no apologies for it...

See, this is the problem with you Yanks, I'm talking about people being informed before they vote, you bring up undesirables and old laws that have NOTHING to do with what I'm saying. Stick with the subject matter and don't hijack the thread....

btw: Really dumb idea.

Anyone who actually has a high IQ that would seriously advocate such lunacy, clearly lacks wisdom.

It's a dumb idea because.....

To easy to manipulate, No set point where someone is removed of their rights simply because you think they are to stupid. Freedom means just that. What you advocate is not freedom at all. It is another form of fascism. But then that you support it just proves how bankrupt the left is.

By the way guys, no point in appealing to him about America, he lives in New Zealand, how about you advocate that in New Zealand this be done?
Good to know. I do not like any silencing of the population based on something that can so easlily be manipulated. We must be careful of that as we set ourselves up to enable authoritarian rule.

Forum List

Back