Should People Have To Pass An IQ Test To Vote

Then you cannot value fundamental human rights. If your misguided fear is that we get stupid when the stupid vote, we have the electoral college. Our founding fathers were wise men.

I'm talking generically, not just the US. Of course I value human rights, that is why I think it is a good idea. No longer will somebody be voted in because ijits like the way they look or for their religious beliefs. They'll vote them in based on issues that affect our everyday lives.

Ohh is that so? So Obama would not have won at all according to your arrangement. Almost no one voted for him because of his positions. Proven daily by the left here on this board posting they are not disappointed with any of the lies and failures to follow through Obama has managed in less then a year.

Further your claim is out right idiotic, are you actually going to claim that cause someone does well on a test that makes them wise and smart? Never been around really stupid smart people have ya? You know the ones that can rattle off an math problem but aren't smart enough to come in out of the rain? The once that can't remember anything but if you ask them some question in what ever field they are smart in they are just great. The ones with absolutely no wisdom or common sense?

To easy to manipulate, No set point where someone is removed of their rights simply because you think they are to stupid. Freedom means just that. What you advocate is not freedom at all. It is another form of fascism. But then that you support it just proves how bankrupt the left is.

By the way guys, no point in appealing to him about America, he lives in New Zealand, how about you advocate that in New Zealand this be done?

Get back to me when you give serious consideration to what I am saying and not going off the deep end. And it's NOT fascism for somebody to vote based on nothing more than lip service?

Where, in this thread, did I state I was talking about hte US only? Typical egocentric Yank. If you have read this thread this is THIRD time I have stated this

great Gore beat Jr by the popular vote and then we we stuck with stupid, I'm not sure that was what the founding fathers had in mind

It is EXACTLY what they had in mind. So that large States do not dominate small States simply by population. It ensures that even the smaller States have a voice and are of some importance in every Presidential election. It is why EVERY State has 2 Senators no matter how big or how small.

To easy to manipulate, No set point where someone is removed of their rights simply because you think they are to stupid. Freedom means just that. What you advocate is not freedom at all. It is another form of fascism. But then that you support it just proves how bankrupt the left is.

By the way guys, no point in appealing to him about America, he lives in New Zealand, how about you advocate that in New Zealand this be done?

Get back to me when you give serious consideration to what I am saying and not going off the deep end. And it's NOT fascism for somebody to vote based on nothing more than lip service?

Where, in this thread, did I state I was talking about hte US only? Typical egocentric Yank. If you have read this thread this is THIRD time I have stated this
Well, the site is called US Message Boards.

Not at all.

It doesn't matter how smart or dumb we collectively get, the average IQ score will always be 100. That's how the test is designed. That's why a score today isn't necessarily comparable to the same score 50 years ago.

hhhmmm..well, maybe a political test. You Yanks make people sit some sort of civics test when they want to be come citizens, right? Why not a test on politics before you can vote. As I said, this is for every body....

Even worse idea. You have no concept of the poll taxes and voter tests the South used to use to deny those of black or poor people the vote, do you? No concept of the US Constitution either. Once again, you get it past in New Sheepland and get back to us on how well it works.

Then you cannot value fundamental human rights. If your misguided fear is that we get stupid when the stupid vote, we have the electoral college. Our founding fathers were wise men.

I'm talking generically, not just the US. Of course I value human rights, that is why I think it is a good idea. No longer will somebody be voted in because ijits like the way they look or for their religious beliefs. They'll vote them in based on issues that affect our everyday lives.

Ohh is that so? So Obama would not have won at all according to your arrangement. Almost no one voted for him because of his positions. Proven daily by the left here on this board posting they are not disappointed with any of the lies and failures to follow through Obama has managed in less then a year.

Further your claim is out right idiotic, are you actually going to claim that cause someone does well on a test that makes them wise and smart? Never been around really stupid smart people have ya? You know the ones that can rattle off an math problem but aren't smart enough to come in out of the rain? The once that can't remember anything but if you ask them some question in what ever field they are smart in they are just great. The ones with absolutely no wisdom or common sense?
*sheepishly raises hand*

Illegal under US Constitution and under Civil Rights laws. To easy to manipulate, as was done for 100 years, the test to prevent the "undesirables" from voting, In the South that was an black person or low class poor white person.

That you think it is acceptable tells a whole lot about your ignorance, prejudice, failings as a member of society.

No, it's your history biting you in the butt.

I absolutely think it acceptable that people who give no thought to what policies or legislation a political party will enact when they get into power should not be allowed to vote. Why should my future, or anybodies, be decided by people who vote based on a quick vox pop, or a politico with a cheesy grin.....and I make no apologies for it...

See, this is the problem with you Yanks, I'm talking about people being informed before they vote, you bring up undesirables and old laws that have NOTHING to do with what I'm saying. Stick with the subject matter and don't hijack the thread....

Proven just how stupid you really are. You actually think that a test can determine that. An IQ test would have no effect on that, nor would a political test. Not to mention both can be manipulated.

hey Grump , maybe you are right, had "w" had to pass one instead of daddy buying his way though his life we wouldn't be looking at the mess we are in right now

great Gore beat Jr by the popular vote and then we we stuck with stupid, I'm not sure that was what the founding fathers had in mind

hey duck - I'm not sure about that but money can't buy brains or wisdom, just look at the legacy child, George "W" Idiot

it wasn't funny then and it sure as hell isn't funny today, we will be paying for that morons fucks for generations, and know we got 2 in a row

do you really think Jr went to public school, maybe when he was young , but ole man Bush should demand a refund on Jr from Yale & Harvard, he didn't get his monies worth

Jesus you're a sad little person. Have you ever posted anything that didn't include a jab at the previous administration? Move on, try applying that scrutiny to the current administration. You can't change what has been. Fuck.

Typical non-American voyeur/hater who likes to hang out on American political debate boards and bash Americans, and America.

Well, the site is called US Message Boards.

So? You know, I've been on here for the best part of 3.5 years, and it has only been in the last 2 months that people seem to think that this being called the US Messageboard means something? Get a grip...
Translation: na nana nana na?

One would think with such a title that the central discussion points would be based around the USA. And, ironically enough, the vast majority do. Hmmmm.

Although, to be crystal clear, I certainly do want to know what the fereners are thinking.

Last edited:
Once again, you get it past in New Sheepland and get back to us on how well it works.

Don't need to. The average NZer is much more informed of policies and politics that the average Yank...8 years on messageboards has only reinforced what I already knew...

"Duh..I'm so smart I can't larn anymore!"

What a tool. Now run along and reinforce some sheep.

Is that one of the unfortunate sheepies? Sheesh, turn off the speaker phone, please. We don't wanna hear that shit.

Wow. Please share more of your riveting political commentary about OUR country with us, please.

I think playing the "stalking" card is pretty much evidence that you've run out of anything intelligent to say. Not that you had anything intelligent to say from the get-go.

One would think with such a title that the central discussion points would be based around the USA. And, ironically enough, the vast majority do. Hmmmm.

Although, to be crystal clear, I certainly do want to know what the fereners are thinking.

Oh, I know. But it is always the righties who bring this subject up. Most lefties and foreigners think righties in the US are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic, or might have a couple of 'roos loose in the top paddock (Allie being but one example), and stating that "this is a US Messageboard (translation "fuck off foreigners"), when all it does is reinforce 1) How ego/ethnicentric right-wing Yanks are 2) How isolationist they are....

go figure

Last edited:

Forum List

Back