Should People Have To Pass An IQ Test To Vote

Grump remains one of those sorts of damn fools of whom it may truthfully be said that if you could buy him for what he is worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth you'd be a millionaire over night without ever having to buy a lottery ticket.

And you remind me of one of those trolls under the bridge that got his arse handed to him by a goat...go figure..

You do have time. You have a lot of time. You spend it here. Doing exactly what you say you despise when WE do it.

What a fucking hypocrite. And what's even more bizarre is that in opposite world, you don't even see it.

Babs, I make an average of five posts a day....you are at almost 24...., so no, you're wrong yet again....

Says the guy from NEW ZEALAND who trolls US political debate forums, to piss and moan about how Americans are in everybody else's business.

LOL!

How strange and unusual that you criticize us for attempting to influence others....while at the same time you attempt to influence us???

But then, you ARE strange and unusual.

I'm providing solutions to your political woes....but surreptitiously trying to change your political system so it has less affect on us...:O)
But can you see why so many of us are loathe to having any silencing of voice here? With your idea, for example, so many things could go wrong (irrespective of which party is in office, I have this view): We could have some federal agency (likely the Department of Education, or perhaps even the National Science Foundation) take over the standardization of IQ tests. Political influence on the content of that standardized test is easy at that point. Manipulation of it, and badda bing! Continued power is ensured without the will of the people (through our system of still protecting the minorities). With continuing power ensured and silencing of an opposition, we are more than halfway to authoritarian rule.

We don't like that too much, or something that even gives that a chance.

Last edited:
You do have time. You have a lot of time. You spend it here. Doing exactly what you say you despise when WE do it.

What a fucking hypocrite. And what's even more bizarre is that in opposite world, you don't even see it.

Babs, I make an average of five posts a day....you are at almost 24...., so no, you're wrong yet again....

Except I'm not the one who said I didn't have time for it. You are, nitwit.

Apparently you have time.

Sorry grump you don't remind me of anything other than a child of ignorant parents who passed their ignorance and gullibility on to their only offspring and nothng else worth the time or trouble.

How strange and unusual that you criticize us for attempting to influence others....while at the same time you attempt to influence us???

But then, you ARE strange and unusual.

I'm providing solutions to your political woes....but surreptitiously trying to change your political system so it has less affect on us...:O)
But can you see why so many of us are loathe to having any silencing of voice here? With your idea, for example, so many things could go wrong (irrespective of which party is in office, I have this view): We could have some federal agency (likely the Department of Education, or perhaps even the National Science Foundation) take over the standardization of IQ tests. Political influence on the content of that standardized test is easy at that point. Manipulation of it, and badda bing! Continued power is ensured without the will of the people (through our system of still protecting the minorities). With continuing power ensured and silencing of an opposition, we are more than halfway to authoritarian rule.

well, part of the problem is too many people assume that a high IQ means one is really smart
when the fact is IQ is only a measure of ones ability to learn
that does not mean someone with a high IQ IS smart, but they have the ability to become such

Sorry grump you don't remind me of anything other than a child of ignorant parents who passed their ignorance and gullibility on to their only offspring and nothng else worth the time or trouble.
naw, gump HAS made valid posts at times

well, part of the problem is too many people assume that a high IQ means one is really smart
that does not mean someone with a high IQ IS smart, but they have the ability to become such
That's also a good point. But even if we were able to have some measure of political aptitude, I would be very against it for the same reasons.

As I've said many times of my very-high-iq ex, but can never say it enough......

He was a very gifted nose picker.

And you're nothing but a bad-tempered git who thinks he's a step above everybody else, whereas the gum stuck to my shoe has a more informed opinion of the world, and a better way of saying it...

Well, the premise is slightly tongue in cheek, but I was more trying to get across how uninformed voters are. And yes, I know the leviathan your political system is, it would be impossible to do..

Well, the premise is slightly tongue in cheek, but I was more trying to get across how uninformed voters are. And yes, I know the leviathan your political system is, it would be impossible to do..
As I'm new here, I was ignorant of your style with tongue in cheek, so a bit of a misunderstanding ensued. But, you are correct; too many of our voters are uninformed.

Sorry, doesn't work that way.

Besides, it's only inconsequential tools from NZ who really have no business here. Every other country on the face of the earth influences SOMEONE, somewhere...except for NZ.

Why is that? Oh, because it's filled with ppl like you!

You just don't get it do you Allie. I'm PLEASED that we don't influence people. We actually live our lives how you righties CLAIM you SHOULD live yours. Leaving others alone to live their lives in freedom and the pursuit of happliness.

See there's your ego again - you like influencing people. You can't leave them alone. You don't want them to have freedom.

As for Every other country on the face of the earth influencing poeple - we have huge influence of the Pacific Islands down h ere

AND YET you started this thread and insist you want an IQ test for people outside YOUR country to take before allowed to vote inside THEIR Country, go figure.

Forum List

Back