Sen Joe McCarthy: American Patriot and Hero

Pfft, anyone can write a book doesn't make it accurate, just look at the numerous books on conspiracy theories and people being abducted by aliens.

Read the title of this thread and thought it was a joke. Apparently, the OP is actually earnest. Which is hilarious within itself.

Think of it, what was supposed to be the last copy of the Memo that was one of the primary motivators for McCarthy to ask about Communist infiltration of US State was REMOVED FROM THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES IN MARCH 1993.

Let's just chew on that for a minute.

All part of the FREEDOM FROM INFORMATION act, I suppose.

Read the title of this thread and thought it was a joke. Apparently, the OP is actually earnest. Which is hilarious within itself.

HUM there is some truth to what McCarthy did. To bad we don't have another like him today. Communism is not a fashion statement to be take off at a whim, its an evil ideology. obama wouldn't be president nor would we have the communist leftist we have in the government.

There has been more utter bullshit written and spoken about Joe McCarthy than any other person who ever lived.

A Great American statesman and patriot. God love him.

indeed.......the guy was so spot on about communists being in the government its not real.............

And on Olbermann??? Meh..........the guy is like a sideshow at a travelling circus. You always get a handful of folks to pass by and gawk for a moment or two..........but only a handful.

I wonder how Frank Zappa felt about Senator McCarthy? :lol:

Had Zappa died of an OD he'd get radio play too just like The Doors, Janis and Hendrix

Zappa didn't have access to the information we have today which completely vindicates McCarthy central thesis that US State Dept was being usurped by genuine Communist spies.

McCarthy was a boozing useless asshole that should have been censored for his lies long before he was. Today we have Limpbaugh performing the same idiocy, but he is not an elected official.

Joe McCarthy: Then and Now | THE ZEITGEISTY REPORT

HISTORICAL FACT:

In a public career that lasted a little over a decade, Senator McCarthy was never able to uncover a single professed Communist working within the United States government.

One of the many things I love about the MSNBC program Countdown with Keith Olbermann is Keith’s habit of citing the fact that a story he is highlighting is on the anniversary of a significant day in American history. He then ties the two events together symbolically. Such was the case on Monday evening. While covering the latest barrage of right wing lies and craziness, he noted that it was the sixtieth anniversary of the speech in Wheeling, West Virginia that launched the red-baiting career of Wisconsin Senator Joe McCarthy

Did you know that every single copy of the newspaper from Wheeling, West Virginia are not available on microfilm, nor are they in the National Archives?

There is a 3 month gap covering the time beginning with McCarthy speech there.

Once again, copies of the local newspaper which reported on McCarthy's speech, spanning a 3 month period immediately after have been removed from the National Archive and from the local library.

OBI-WAN: But Master Yoda who could have erased information from the archives? That's impossible, isn't it?

YODA: (frowning) Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is. Only a Jedi could have erased those files. But who and why, harder to answer. Meditate on this, I will. May the Force be with you.

OBI-WAN: But Master Yoda who could have erased information from the archives? That's impossible, isn't it?

YODA: (frowning) Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is. Only a Jedi could have erased those files. But who and why, harder to answer. Meditate on this, I will. May the Force be with you.

And yet in March 1993 someone, we don't know who

sandy_berger.jpg

had the audacity to go into the National Archives and remove what was supposed to be the last copy ever of the memo Klaus had prepared in 1946 warning about Communist infiltration at US State.

The Russians are coming!

The Russians are coming!

No wait...nothing to worry about.

It's only the Chinese.

Poor Joe McCarthy

Relegated by history to having Crusader Frank defend him

Had Zappa died of an OD he'd get radio play too just like The Doors, Janis and Hendrix

Zappa didn't have access to the information we have today which completely vindicates McCarthy central thesis that US State Dept was being usurped by genuine Communist spies.

If Zappa had any talent he would get play like the Doors, Janis and Hendrix

He was a novelty act that appealed to adolescent males

Frank seems to go for novelty acts.

I have to call FOUL on this one.

Forum List

Back