Sen Joe McCarthy: American Patriot and Hero

Ted Kennedy was praised for nothing more than being a Kennedy.

Well, that and lots and lots of other things.

"For his hard public drinking, his obsessive public womanizing and his frequent boorishness, he has become a late-century legend, Teddy the Terrible, ...A former mid-level Kennedy staffer, bitterly disillusioned, recalls with disgust one (now ex-) high-ranking aide as “a pimp…whose real position was to procure women for Kennedy.” ...

It is after midnight and Kennedy and Dodd are just finishing up a long dinner in a private room on the first floor of the restaurant’s annex. They are drunk. Their dates, two very young blondes, leave the table to go to the bathroom. (The dates are drunk too. “They’d always get their girls very, very drunk,” says a former Brasserie waitress.) Betty Loh, who served the foursome, also leaves the room. Raymond Campet, the co-owner of La Brasserie, tells Gaviglio the senators want to see her.
As Gaviglio enters the room, the six-foot-two, 225-plus-pound Kennedy grabs the five-foot-three, 103-pound waitress and throws her on the table. She lands on her back, scattering crystal, plates and cutlery and the lit candles. Several glasses and a crystal candlestick are broken. Kennedy then picks her up from the table and throws her on Dodd, who is sprawled in a chair. With Gaviglio on Dodd’s lap, Kennedy jumps on top and begins rubbing his genital area against hers, supporting his weight on the arms of the chair. ...

...However, waitress Virginia Hurt, who says Morgan described the scene to her shortly after witnessing it, recalls, “He was on the floor with his pants down on top of the woman,...

Three months later, on July 18, came the defining moment of Kennedy’s life, when he drove his Oldsmobile off a bridge on the island of Chappaquiddick, sending young Kennedy staffer Mary Jo Kopechne to her death and drowning ...

...: a childish belief that the rules of human behavior do not apply to himself, ..."
http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_5585&pageNum=4

"I don’t know if you know this or not, but one of his favorite topics of humor was indeed Chappaquiddick itself. And he would ask people, “have you heard any new jokes about Chappaquiddick?” That is just the most amazing thing. It’s not that he didn’t feel remorse about the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, but that he still always saw the other side of everything and the ridiculous side of things, too."
Hot Air “One of his favorite topics of humor was indeed Chappaquiddick itself”; Update: Audio added

"In his book, which came out this week, Kengor focuses on a KGB letter written at the height of the Cold War that shows that Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) offered to assist Soviet leaders in formulating a public relations strategy to counter President Reagan’s foreign policy and to complicate his re-election efforts.
The letter, dated May 14, 1983, was sent from the head of the KGB to Yuri Andropov, who was then General Secretary of the Soviet Union’s Communist Party.
In his letter, KGB head Viktor Chebrikov offered Andropov his interpretation of Kennedy’s offer. Former U.S. Sen. John Tunney (D-Calif.) had traveled to Moscow on behalf of Kennedy to seek out a partnership with Andropov and other Soviet officials, Kengor claims in his book.

I received a review copy of The Crusader on Wednesday. The book first references the Kennedy plan on page 206, and includes the complete Soviet memo, dated May 14, 1983, in the Appendix. It’s an eye opener.

Romerstein, a former House intelligence committee staffer and a researcher of Soviet archives, uncovered numerous documents suggesting that Ted Kennedy was a “collaborationist” with the Soviets during our Cold War. Romerstein also co-authored, along with Eric Breindel, the highly praised “Verona Secrets, Exposing Soviet Espionage and America’s Traitors.”
The Baltimore Reporter

Letter Details Kennedy Offer To USSR | Sweetness & Light

Joe McCarthy was an alcoholic that fabricated everything he touched.
My uncle was a construction worker in California working for movie studios. McCarthy labeled him and nundreds of others as communists without any evidence to support it. Uncle Bill and all the others were black listed and never worked another day in that industry. Thousands in the movie industry were blacklisted as communists.
Name one that was right.
Sure,McCarthy pointed out there were communists around. Well DUH. Even a blind squirrell finds a nut every once in a while.
You peoplewill believe anything and are too young to know any better.

OMG!- It must be Dullard73...

Every time you tell the McCarty story the characters change...you didn't bring up Uncle Bill last time.

Where is the subpoena that Uncle Bill received?

Lost, huh? Just like your mind.

I'd like to see any proof that you or anyone else has of a ruined life or blacklisting by Senator Joseph McCarthy....

or else you can keep the dunce cap, and go back in the corner.

I'm only about 35 pages into M. Stanton Evans "Blacklisted by History" and I am livid at the utter gall and tremendous scope of the Leftist outright lies.

Did you know that many of the original documents that McCarthy based his campaign on are missing?

As recently as March 1993 someone, we don't know who

http://commonsense.edixi.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/sandy_berger.jp/IMG]

went into the US National Archives and took the Klaus Memo, a 1946 memo by a State Department official Samuel Klaus implicating Alger Hiss and many others as Communist spies?[/quote]

Uncle Joe was a bully, a liar, a punk and a drunkard.

fuck him and memory of him you or some other revisionist would like to pedal.

---

[B]and this is from somebody who is not an Uncle Joe hater:[/B]

[FONT="Arial Narrow"]“McCarthy was a drunk, a crook, and a liar who maintained his waning political career by willfully attacking individuals and organizations that posed no threat to the United States,” writes The Capital Times of Madison, Wisconsin, a publication McCarthy once referred to as “the Pravda of the Prairie” after it opposed both of his bids to the U.S. Senate.

--

[COLOR="Red"]Even if McCarthy’s aim was true, his tactics weren’t, and his willingness to tell The Big Lie cost McCarthy his own career in the end.[/COLOR] Much like Ernesto Miranda, freed from prison for not being read the “Miranda Warning”, only to have his eventual killer released without charges 10 years later for a procedural problem regarding his Miranda Rights, [COLOR="Red"]perhaps the person most undone by McCarthyism was the man himself.[/COLOR]

Luckily he has a worthy and thorough advocate like Evans to defend him. Blacklisted may draw fire for challenging – convincingly – many peoples’ long-settled impressions of Joe McCarthy, but, before long, it’ll make its way onto postwar American History reading lists.

Read more: [url=http://blogcritics.org/books/article/book-review-blacklisted-by-history-by/page-3/#ixzz0wX9OiHoZ]Book Review: Blacklisted by History by M. Stanton Evans - Page 3 - Blogcritics Books[/url]

Read more: [url=http://blogcritics.org/books/article/book-review-blacklisted-by-history-by/#ixzz0wX8z6C4O]Book Review: Blacklisted by History by M. Stanton Evans - Blogcritics Books[/url]
[/FONT]

[URL="http://www.yaf.org/NationalJournalismCenter.aspx"]Evans, founder and longtime director of the National Journalism Center[/URL] - how do you spell p-a-r-t-i-s-a-n?

Last edited:
McCarthy reminds me a great deal of Beck today. Both stir up trouble with far fetched investigations that are merely hearsay. Both were drunks and McCarthy was an embarrassment to the Eisenhower presidency and the congress. If you read a bit of real history, the man is a disgrace, and he hurt many with accusations that were often completely untrue.

Communism in America of the times was a concept that appealed to many, it was an idea and it took a while before Stalin made it the evil it became, totalitarian dictatorship. Intellectual ideas and their history are too complicated for the likes of revisionist historians whose goal is only to denigrate another. McCarthy ironically would fit well into a totalitarian communist society, he saw communists everywhere, but failed because he was a loud mouth blowhard. If anyone wants to read the true story of Joe check out book linked below.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Glory-Dream-Narrative-History-1932-1972/dp/0553345893/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_9]Amazon.com: The Glory and the Dream: A Narrative History of…[/ame]

very well-done film, as was Nixon. They just were inaccurate.

you are a kind man. much kinder than I. :eusa_whistle:

well, when I said good films, I mean the cinematography was excellent, good acting, etc.

and I think it was very kind of you to use the term 'inaccurate' to criticize them, when there are so many more descriptive terms you could have used.:eusa_whistle:

McCarthy was a boozing useless asshole that should have been censored for his lies long before he was. Today we have Limpbaugh performing the same idiocy, but he is not an elected official.

Joe McCarthy: Then and Now | THE ZEITGEISTY REPORT

HISTORICAL FACT:

In a public career that lasted a little over a decade, Senator McCarthy was never able to uncover a single professed Communist working within the United States government.

One of the many things I love about the MSNBC program Countdown with Keith Olbermann is Keith’s habit of citing the fact that a story he is highlighting is on the anniversary of a significant day in American history. He then ties the two events together symbolically. Such was the case on Monday evening. While covering the latest barrage of right wing lies and craziness, he noted that it was the sixtieth anniversary of the speech in Wheeling, West Virginia that launched the red-baiting career of Wisconsin Senator Joe McCarthy

McCarthy was a boozing useless asshole that should have been censored for his lies long before he was. Today we have Limpbaugh performing the same idiocy, but he is not an elected official.

Joe McCarthy: Then and Now | THE ZEITGEISTY REPORT

HISTORICAL FACT:

In a public career that lasted a little over a decade, Senator McCarthy was never able to uncover a single professed Communist working within the United States government.

One of the many things I love about the MSNBC program Countdown with Keith Olbermann is Keith’s habit of citing the fact that a story he is highlighting is on the anniversary of a significant day in American history. He then ties the two events together symbolically. Such was the case on Monday evening. While covering the latest barrage of right wing lies and craziness, he noted that it was the sixtieth anniversary of the speech in Wheeling, West Virginia that launched the red-baiting career of Wisconsin Senator Joe McCarthy

thank you
:cool:

I'm only about 35 pages into M. Stanton Evans "Blacklisted by History" and I am livid at the utter gall and tremendous scope of the Leftist outright lies.

Did you know that many of the original documents that McCarthy based his campaign on are missing?

As recently as March 1993 someone, we don't know who

sandy_berger.jpg

went into the US National Archives and took the Klaus Memo, a 1946 memo by a State Department official Samuel Klaus implicating Alger Hiss and many others as Communist spies?
In the 1950's, America was afraid. Many thought it was only a question of time before the Soviets attacked. McCarthy prayed on that fear, destroying the lives of many people. Was there really a Communist behind every bush. I doubt it.

A sad footnote in American History that I hope will never be repeated.

Interesting link
The Communist Hunt and the Salem Witch Hunt, Page 2 of 3 - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

With the highly publicized Army–McCarthy hearings of 1954, McCarthy's support and popularity began to fade. On December 2, 1954, the Senate voted to censure Senator McCarthy by a vote of 67 to 22, making him one of the few senators ever to be disciplined in this fashion. McCarthy died in Bethesda Naval Hospital on May 2, 1957, at the age of 48. The official cause of death was acute hepatitis; it is widely accepted that this was exacerbated by alcoholism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_mccarthy

Last edited:

Forum List

Back