Gunpowder and Spaghetti…

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
…and among the earliest civil service exams.

That was traditional Cathay….China…..until Franklin Roosevelt lost modern China to Marx, Stalin and Mao.
Today, Communist China is the greatest existential threat facing America.

But you won't know that if you take the word of Democrats.

1.How did FDR lose China? By welcoming Stalin’s spies and their influence in his administration.

FDR's insistence on permitting the Soviet agents who infiltrated his administration resulted in the United States sabotage of Chaing Kai-Shek and the Nationalists in China in favor of the Mao and the Communists. From the book “Blacklisted From History,” by M. Stanton Evans: Soviet agents in the U.S. State department (and Treasury) worked actively to damage confidence of our government, in the (Nationalist) Chinese fighting in their own country, as our allies against the Japanese, and in favor of the Communist insurgency of Mao Tse-Tung and Chou En-Lai.

While Chiang Kai-Shek was busy as our ally fighting the Japanese, Soviet spies White, Currie, Coe, Glasser, and Hiss were doing all they could to undermine him in favor of Mao and the communists.

“Another example of [Harry Dexter] White acting as an agent of influence for the Soviet Union was his obstruction of a proposed $200 million loan to Nationalist China in 1943, which he had been officially instructed to execute,[52] at a time when inflation was spiraling out of control.”
Harry Dexter White - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[Owen] Lattimore was leaking information to the Soviets while he was an advisor to Chiang Kai-shek and that the Soviets considered Lattimore to be "working for them". Freedom of Information/Privacy Act — FBI

The spies that FDR put in place continued to move Democrats in the Communist Direction. This, from a newspaper at the time:

"Mr. Truman said that the nationalists should have surrendered because they didn't have a chance to win...the opinion of American ambassador Leighton Stuart was that the failure of American aid to come at the opportune moment was the real cause of the weakness of nationalists and the disintegration of their armies....many military commanders went over to the enemy because they saw the United States withdrawing moral support from Chiang Kai-shek. Mr. Truman boldly defends what Treasury did. He doesn't mention Harry Dexter White, mentioned in congressional hearings as a communist spy, sat at Treasury with full power to say when the money promised Chiang Kai-shek would be forwarded or withheld." Toledo Blade, Toledo Blade - Google News Archive Search

I'll get to the help other Democrat Presidents gave in making China a military power.

2.. When a large, growing and powerful enemy appears on the global stage, it appears that there are two methods of dealing with same. Either …

a. use the Truman-nee-Roosevelt administration method of ‘containment,’

or

b. the Nixon attempt at assuaging and nourishing the enemy.

Let’s see how these methods worked out……

….next.

Roosevelt: "I would rather lose New Zealand, Australia or anything else than have the Russian front collapse."
Robert Dallek, "Franklin D. Roosevelt and American Foreign Policy, 1932-1945," p. 338.

Yup!
'Russia Uber Alles'

What nation did Roosevelt represent, again?

After Roosevelt's demise, and Truman's epiphany, a policy to respond to Stalin emerged:

3. “George F. Kennan, a career Foreign Service Officer, formulated the policy of “containment,” the basic United States strategy for fighting the cold war (1947–1989) with the Soviet Union.

Kennan’s ideas, which became the basis of the Truman administration’s foreign policy, ….Kennan wrote, “must be that of a long-term, patient but firm and vigilant containment of Russian expansive tendencies.” To that end, he called for countering “Soviet pressure against the free institutions of the Western world” through the “adroit and vigilant application of counter-force at a series of constantly shifting geographical and political points, corresponding to the shifts and maneuvers of Soviet policy.” Milestones: 1945–1952 - Office of the Historian

This went on for over three decades….until Ronald Reagan changed it to ‘challenge ‘em.’

4. "Ronald Reagan came to the presidency in 1981 having declared that his strategy regarding the Cold War was 'We win, they lose.'

It was seen as a foolish and dangerous position by everyone from academic Sovietologists to Henry Kissinger and Richard Nixon. Presidents since the end of World War II had pledged themselves to no more than containing communism and, latterly, reaching detente with the Soviet Union. None had said anything remotely like 'We win, they lose.'

Ten years later the Soviet Union had ceased to exist.

"...it is clear that Reagan poked a shaky Soviet system in some vulnerable places- by arming the mujahedeen in Afghanistan with Stinger missiles; starting a technological arms race that the Soviet leadership knew it could not match; and assaulting the Soviet Union's pride rhetorically, from his 'Evil Empire' speech (surprisingly dismaying to the Soviets, we have since learned) to his 'Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall' speech in Berlin. "
Charles Murray, "By The People," p. 247-248.

Communist China is the greatest existential threat facing America.

I agree, but how communist is China really? I'm pretty sure I could get McDonald's in Beijing if I wanted to. I don't think that would be possible without a fair market to produce and compete in.

Communist China is the greatest existential threat facing America.

I agree, but how communist is China really? I'm pretty sure I could get McDonald's in Beijing if I wanted to. I don't think that would be possible without a fair market to produce and compete in.

I believe I can change your mind about communism in China.

But...if you'd rather do so yourself...;

41lYVBZyTnL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I believe I can change your mind about communism in China.

Please enlighten me.

Let's begin here.

There is only one President of the United States....since 1949, when the threat began, .....that has confronted and pushed back against this march toward world domination.

Wanna guess who that is?

Wanna guess who that is?

No.

I want you to answer my question and address the points I made in my first post.

Jot this down so I never again have to remind you who is in charge: everything will be done in my order and in my time.

A numbskull like you, beaten as badly as Carthage in the Third Punic War is now making demands on Scipio Africanus and the victorious Romans. Losers do not make demands. They make requests. They make pleas.

Wanna guess who that is?

No.

I want you to answer my question and address the points I made in my first post.

Jot this down so I never again have to remind you who is in charge: everything will be done in my order and in my time.

A numbskull like you, beaten as badly as Carthage in the Third Punic War is now making demands on Scipio Africanus and the victorious Romans. Losers do not make demands. They make requests. They make pleas.

So you won't address what I said. I thought you might not.

Wanna guess who that is?

No.

Don't worry...she's looking for something completely unrelated to copy and paste as a response. Give her time...

Wanna guess who that is?

No.

First of all, never ever again use the phrase "I thought."

Clearly it is not applicable to your ....capacity.

Wanna guess who that is?

No.

Don't worry...she's looking for something completely unrelated to copy and paste as a response. Give her time...

Your response to education is......unfortunate.

Lessons will be provided in my way, in my time.
My entire threads are constructed before the first OP is in place.
And....as you have proven.....are irrefutable.

Let's note that you are unable to deny anything in my posts.......ever.

Last edited:

Lessons will provided in my way, in my time.

You still haven't responded to what I said. It's because you don't actually think for yourself.

5. Prior to Reagan, Nixon altered the Kennan ‘containment’ policy with an attempt to win the enemy over with kindness.
He visited China, and opened the door to trade the communist entity.
A mistake.

Once Franklin Roosevelt allowed Stalin to direct our foreign policy, welcoming his spies into our government, there was no ‘secret atomic bomb,’ and soon Stalin had his version. The result was that Stalin encouraged China to confront America….hence, the Korean War.

“On February 21, 1972, President Richard M. Nixon arrived in China for an official trip. He was the first U.S. president to visit the People's Republic of China since it was established in 1949. This was an important event because the U.S. was seeking to improve relations with a Communist country during the Cold War. “
Richard Nixon's 1972 visit to China - Wikipedia

6. “…the hope of producing a benign People’s Republic of China utterly failed. The Communist Party of China deceived the West into believing that its system and the Party-ruled People’s Liberation Army were peaceful and posed no threat. In fact, these misguided policies produced the emergence of a twenty-first century evil empire even more dangerous than a Cold War version of the Soviet Union.”
Bill Gertz, “Deceiving The Sky”

The establishment in Washington, and their allies in the media, work tirelessly to blind the public to the threat communism in general, and China, specifically, pose.

Wanna guess who that is?

No.

I'm usually unable to "deny" the crazy guy on the street talking to a parking meter too. I'll live...

No.

I'm usually unable to "deny" the crazy guy on the street talking to a parking meter too. I'll live...

Let me end that sentence properly for you....you'll live in ignorance.

Compared to what you consider "education"? I'll take the ignorance, thanks. Can I get fries with that?

Compared to what you consider "education"?I'll take the ignorance, thanks. Can I get fries with that?

"I'll take the ignorance, thanks"

Couldn't be more apt.

You must be the source of the aphorism "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

More hay????

7. Between Truman’s ‘containment’ of the Soviet Union, and Nixon’s opening of trade with China, which one worked?

Neither.

Confronting, challenging the evil empires is the winning strategy….Reagan proved that.

The ant-American Muslim President did his worst for this country:

"Under Obama, American security was damaged by ignoring and ten covering up China's massive theft of American technology. Abroad, inaction by Obama facilitated the Chinese domination over the strategic South China Sea. After claiming 3,200 acres of new islands, China deployed advanced anti-ship and anti-aircraft missiles on the island in what the CIA described as China's Crimea, a stealth take-over similar to the Russian annexation of Ukraine's peninsula in 2014."
Bill Gertz, “Deceiving the Sky: Inside Communist China's Drive for Global Supremacy,” p. 6

One should carefully consider this on viewing the Obama/Democrat policy of funding Islamofascist terrorism, and guaranteeing Iran nuclear weapons.
Of course, under Truman and Nixon, the mistake was based on geopolitical policy, while under Hussein, it was his religious requirement.

Trump is doing much the same things that Reagan did vis-à-vis the Soviet Union, in this case against the 7th century psychotics of Iran.....and against the greatest threat to America, .....Communist China.

8. The first Republican President famously said ‘A house divided against itself cannot stand." Then, it was free vs slave.
Since the 32nd President, it has been American Presidents….versus Democrats.

Franklin Roosevelt did it our of ideology.
Obama our of religious convictions.
The Clintons.....for money.

In a discussion of China, it would be remiss not to mention how the money-hungry Democrat Clintons…..both of them….sold out America.

Flashback: Bill Clinton gave China missile technology

As president, Bill Clinton essentially wiped out any strategic advantage the U.S. had by selling advanced U.S. missile technology to our enemy, the People’s Republic of China.

That “administration’s voluntary release of all the secrets of America’s nuclear tests, combined with the systematic theft of the secrets that were left as a result of its lax security controls, effectively wiped out America’s technological edge,” David Horowitz writes in the recently published, The Black Book of the American Left Volume 7: The Left in Power: Clinton to Obama.

“One of the key technological breaks China received, without having to spy to get it, was the deliverance of supercomputers once banned from export for security reasons,” writes Horowitz.

“Supercomputers underpin the technology of nuclear and missile warfare, and not only for firing and controlling the missiles. A supercomputer can simulate a nuclear test and is thus crucial to the development of nuclear warheads. But, according to a Washington Post editorial: ‘In the first three quarters of 1998 nine times as many [supercomputers] were exported [to China] as during the previous seven years.’”

.... helped a company called Loral Space get seats on official trade missions. He reportedly convinced the Clinton administration to overrule national security officials in order win approval for a Loral deal that gave Red China critical missile technology. Loral’s chief executive officer became the Democratic National Committee’s largest donor ...."
Flashback: Bill Clinton gave China missile technology

Communist China helped fund the Clinton election campaign.

And Hillary got $145 million to sell Russia our uranium assets.

Forum List

Back