Seattle Vs New England

If Seattle can go into the half ahead, they have a shot at the win. If not ...well...

In my opinion anyway.

I would disagree with that, Percy...only for the reason that the Patriots are probably the best second half team in the league. Time after time they went into the locker room at half time and figured out whatever wasn't working in the first half and then blew out their opponent in the second half. That's coaching. You may not like Bill Belichick but give the man his due...there's never been a better in game coach than "The Hoodie"!

I certainly hope Belichick has the opportunity to find himself behind going into the second half.

Can you name a coach better suited to deal with just that, Huggy? I know you Belichick haters don't want to admit it...but the guy is a borderline genius when it comes to mid-game strategy. Time after time when it looked like the Patriots were in for a dog fight...they came out of the halftime locker room and smoked the opposition. That isn't "cheating"...that's simply being a better coach than the other guy.

Ya. I'll take Carroll and his staff to come up with a winning second half strategy.

I don't "hate" Belichick. Nothing I have posted would indicate I hate Belichick.

I don't respect cheaters and liars. I believe Belichick is both. Same goes for Brady.

Oh, and that means SO much to everyone, what YOU believe. :rolleyes-41: Good grief. You are NOT so important.

If Seattle can go into the half ahead, they have a shot at the win. If not ...well...

In my opinion anyway.

I would disagree with that, Percy...only for the reason that the Patriots are probably the best second half team in the league. Time after time they went into the locker room at half time and figured out whatever wasn't working in the first half and then blew out their opponent in the second half. That's coaching. You may not like Bill Belichick but give the man his due...there's never been a better in game coach than "The Hoodie"!

I certainly hope Belichick has the opportunity to find himself behind going into the second half.

Can you name a coach better suited to deal with just that, Huggy? I know you Belichick haters don't want to admit it...but the guy is a borderline genius when it comes to mid-game strategy. Time after time when it looked like the Patriots were in for a dog fight...they came out of the halftime locker room and smoked the opposition. That isn't "cheating"...that's simply being a better coach than the other guy.

Ya. I'll take Carroll and his staff to come up with a winning second half strategy.

I don't "hate" Belichick. Nothing I have posted would indicate I hate Belichick.

I don't respect cheaters and liars. I believe Belichick is both. Same goes for Brady.

Oh, and that means SO much to everyone, what YOU believe. :rolleyes-41: Good grief. You are NOT so important.

Oh I see...Now YOU are going to dictate what I can respond to on my own thread? :lol:

One doesn't have to be "important" to post here on USMB.

I am and have been a very dedicated fan of the Seattle Seahawks since the team was formed in 1976.

I will still be here posting in support of my team win or lose. Will you?

The Hawks are missing key pieces that they had last year. Their two DTs (Bryant and Mebane) and a real nice piece in Percy Harvin. Their wrs are just not as explosive as last year.

Rather simple offense for Belichick to game plan against. Of course you never know.

I think the Pats ought to have their way, unless Brady shits the bed like he did in his last two bowls.

Defense wins titles, Seattle has a defense, ask Green Bay.

Seattle is a good second half team ask any number of there opponents.

The fact they don't have explosives WR doesn't stop them from having big plays.

Anyone thinking that the Pats are going to runaway with this game is nuts.

In my opinion anyway.

Pete Carroll left USC one step ahead of NCAA sanctions that crippled the program. You have a strange concept of what constitutes "cheating".

Oh I see...Now YOU are going to dictate what I can respond to on my own thread? :lol:

I am and have been a very dedicated fan of the Seattle Seahawks since the team was formed in 1976.

Well, I'm glad to see you acknowledge that your opinions don't have anything to do with what actually may have happened. :)

In my opinion anyway.

Pete Carroll left USC one step ahead of NCAA sanctions that crippled the program. You have a strange concept of what constitutes "cheating".

That and Seattle leading the NFL in PED suspensions since Carroll arrived there.

Add to that the preseason practice violations.

Report Seahawks fined stripped of minicamp days for violating no-contact practice rules ProFootballTalk

I don't see Carroll and the Hawks much different than Belichick and the Pats.

That and Seattle leading the NFL in PED suspensions since Carroll arrived there.

Report Seahawks fined stripped of minicamp days for violating no-contact practice rules ProFootballTalk

Game should be re-named this year the 'Super-Cheater Bowl'...........

Take Seattle away from their 12th man advantage and they're a different team. If a certain back-up Green Bay tight end catches an on-side kick that hit him in the face mask...then right now people would be talking about how awful Russell Wilson played in that game...not about how to "contain" him!

Take every team away from their home field and they don't play as well. BTW over the last 2 years Seattle has the best road winning percentage in the NFL (I am pretty sure at least....if not they are damned close)

If you are going to spread this crap on every thread I will correct you on every thread. The honor of being the leader in PED suspensions since Carroll's arrival goes to the Giants and in no single season did Seattle lead the NFL in suspensions.

NFL Players say Brady is lying about not knowing the balls deflated Page 9 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Hawks are missing key pieces that they had last year. Their two DTs (Bryant and Mebane) and a real nice piece in Percy Harvin. Their wrs are just not as explosive as last year.

Rather simple offense for Belichick to game plan against. Of course you never know.

I think the Pats ought to have their way, unless Brady shits the bed like he did in his last two bowls.

Seahawks are second in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt against even without Mebane and Bryant. Mebane hurts of course but Seattle has plenty of bodies to make up for it. They'll be fine

Take Seattle away from their 12th man advantage and they're a different team. If a certain back-up Green Bay tight end catches an on-side kick that hit him in the face mask...then right now people would be talking about how awful Russell Wilson played in that game...not about how to "contain" him!

Take every team away from their home field and they don't play as well. BTW over the last 2 years Seattle has the best road winning percentage in the NFL (I am pretty sure at least....if not they are damned close)

I believe the Seahawks are 7 and 1 at home this year and 5 and 3 on the road. It's obvious that they are MUCH better playing at home than they are on the road. The amount of crowd noise generated in that stadium is hard on teams that like to audible at the line to change plays because verbal signals simply can't be heard. And not every team plays better at home...Dallas was 8 and 0 on the road this year and 4 and 4 at home.

In my opinion anyway.

The troubles at USC were because of an outside element offering financing for Reggie Bush's mom's house. Carroll didn't DO anything illegal. The NCAA felt that he should have kept a closer look at what Bush was doing. This thread isn't about cheating. Try to stay on topic.

I believe the Seahawks are 7 and 1 at home this year and 5 and 3 on the road. It's obvious that they are MUCH better playing at home than they are on the road. The amount of crowd noise generated in that stadium is hard on teams that like to audible at the line to change plays because verbal signals simply can't be heard. And not every team plays better at home...Dallas was 8 and 0 on the road this year and 4 and 4 at home.

A team going 8-0 on the road almost never happens In fact in the last 24 years it has happened twice (the other being the 2007 Patriots). Additionally look who Dallas played on the road: Tennessee, St. Louis, Jacksonville,...you know....not exactly teams that put the fear of God into people. As for this year the team with the second best road record is....gasp....the Seahawks at 5-3 (tied). Last year Dallas went 3-5 on the road and Seattle was 1st in the NFL at 6-2. A team with 5 to 6 road wins is pretty solid on the road

Well, I'm glad to see you acknowledge that your opinions don't have anything to do with what actually may have happened. :)

There are plenty of threads on Patriot cheating. Stay on topic.

Game should be re-named this year the 'Super-Cheater Bowl'...........

Are you people brain dead? If you have something to offer about the actual game have at it. If not..go somewhere else.

If you are going to spread this crap on every thread I will correct you on every thread. The honor of being the leader in PED suspensions since Carroll's arrival goes to the Giants and in no single season did Seattle lead the NFL in suspensions.

NFL Players say Brady is lying about not knowing the balls deflated Page 9 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

You too? Can at least the Seattle fans stay on topic?

Seahawks are second in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt against even without Mebane and Bryant. Mebane hurts of course but Seattle has plenty of bodies to make up for it. They'll be fine

The Hawks haven't skipped a beat in run Defense. Most pundits believe that the Seahawks are as good or better than last season.

The troubles at USC were because of an outside element offering financing for Reggie Bush's mom's house. Carroll didn't DO anything illegal. The NCAA felt that he should have kept a closer look at what Bush was doing. This thread isn't about cheating. Try to stay on topic.

So Bill Belichick is responsible for knowing about the pressure in game balls because he's the head coach...but Pete Carroll isn't responsible for knowing that his star player is receiving financial benefits from USC boosters? LOL Really, Huggy?

In my opinion anyway.

You were right to say "probably", NE is a pretty good 2nd half team and Belichick's a pretty good game day coach but I don't know if he's the best ever, Pete Carroll's no slouch and-----and like it or not, when the history of NFC Championship games gets written -- Pete Carroll will be seen to have engineered the greatest comeback in NFL playoff history. Nobody will care that the weather let up at just the right moment for the Seattle Seahawks but-----but that said, in 2014 NE was only the 3rd best 2nd half team in the NFL, 7/10th of point better than the Seattle Seahawks ☛ here

upload_2015-1-24_11-39-33.jpeg

Forum List

Back