Seattle Vs New England

Take Seattle away from their 12th man advantage and they're a different team. If a certain back-up Green Bay tight end catches an on-side kick that hit him in the face mask...then right now people would be talking about how awful Russell Wilson played in that game...not about how to "contain" him!

Take every team away from their home field and they don't play as well. BTW over the last 2 years Seattle has the best road winning percentage in the NFL (I am pretty sure at least....if not they are damned close)

I believe the Seahawks are 7 and 1 at home this year and 5 and 3 on the road. It's obvious that they are MUCH better playing at home than they are on the road. The amount of crowd noise generated in that stadium is hard on teams that like to audible at the line to change plays because verbal signals simply can't be heard. And not every team plays better at home...Dallas was 8 and 0 on the road this year and 4 and 4 at home.

This game is more comparable to last years Super Bowl than it is to a typical away game. Both teams will be missing their usual home crowd support. There should still be more Seahawk fans in AZ than travel in support of the Patriots.

I certainly hope Belichick has the opportunity to find himself behind going into the second half.

Can you name a coach better suited to deal with just that, Huggy? I know you Belichick haters don't want to admit it...but the guy is a borderline genius when it comes to mid-game strategy. Time after time when it looked like the Patriots were in for a dog fight...they came out of the halftime locker room and smoked the opposition. That isn't "cheating"...that's simply being a better coach than the other guy.

Ya. I'll take Carroll and his staff to come up with a winning second half strategy.

I don't "hate" Belichick. Nothing I have posted would indicate I hate Belichick.

I don't respect cheaters and liars. I believe Belichick is both. Same goes for Brady.

Pete Carroll left USC one step ahead of NCAA sanctions that crippled the program. You have a strange concept of what constitutes "cheating".

The troubles at USC were because of an outside element offering financing for Reggie Bush's mom's house. Carroll didn't DO anything illegal. The NCAA felt that he should have kept a closer look at what Bush was doing. This thread isn't about cheating. Try to stay on topic.

So Bill Belichick is responsible for knowing about the pressure in game balls because he's the head coach...but Pete Carroll isn't responsible for knowing that his star player is receiving financial benefits from USC boosters? LOL Really, Huggy?

Go away. Really.

If Seattle can go into the half ahead, they have a shot at the win. If not ...well...

In my opinion anyway.

I would disagree with that, Percy...only for the reason that the Patriots are probably the best second half team in the league. Time after time they went into the locker room at half time and figured out whatever wasn't working in the first half and then blew out their opponent in the second half. That's coaching. You may not like Bill Belichick but give the man his due...there's never been a better in game coach than "The Hoodie"!

You were right to say "probably", NE is a pretty good 2nd half team and Belichick's a pretty good game day coach but I don't know if he's the best ever, Pete Carroll's no slouch and-----and like it or not, when the history of NFC Championship games gets written -- Pete Carroll will be seen to have engineered the greatest comeback in NFL playoff history. Nobody will care that the weather let up at just the right moment for the Seattle Seahawks but-----but that said, in 2014 NE was only the 3rd best 2nd half team in the NFL, 7/10th of point better than the Seattle Seahawks ☛ here

Was it Pete Carroll's strategies that made the comeback possible or was it simply the Green Bay Packers failing to make plays, Star? I'll give Seattle full credit for not giving up but lets be honest here...if a certain Green Bay Packer back up tight end catches the on side kick with his hands instead of his face mask...then we're here talking about how the Seattle team melted down in the playoffs.

Both teams in the NFC Championship game were the recipient of good fortune. It's what a team does with the "luck" that makes the difference or what they DON'T do with the luck.

In Seattle's case the way the Defense held the Packers to 9 points when the Packers were "lucky" instead of giving up 21 was what really was the difference in the game.

As far as who is more likely to make up a second half deficit if one exists I think Russell Wilson showed he is as good as anybody at pulling one's fat out of the fire.

Can you name a coach better suited to deal with just that, Huggy? I know you Belichick haters don't want to admit it...but the guy is a borderline genius when it comes to mid-game strategy. Time after time when it looked like the Patriots were in for a dog fight...they came out of the halftime locker room and smoked the opposition. That isn't "cheating"...that's simply being a better coach than the other guy.

Ya. I'll take Carroll and his staff to come up with a winning second half strategy.

I don't "hate" Belichick. Nothing I have posted would indicate I hate Belichick.

I don't respect cheaters and liars. I believe Belichick is both. Same goes for Brady.

Oh, and that means SO much to everyone, what YOU believe. :rolleyes-41: Good grief. You are NOT so important.

Oh I see...Now YOU are going to dictate what I can respond to on my own thread? :lol:

One doesn't have to be "important" to post here on USMB.

I am and have been a very dedicated fan of the Seattle Seahawks since the team was formed in 1976.

I will still be here posting in support of my team win or lose. Will you?

Well, I'm glad to see you acknowledge that your opinions don't have anything to do with what actually may have happened. :)

There are plenty of threads on Patriot cheating. Stay on topic.

Fine, but you started it. :D

The Patriots are going to win of course.
cheer.gif

Take Seattle away from their 12th man advantage and they're a different team. If a certain back-up Green Bay tight end catches an on-side kick that hit him in the face mask...then right now people would be talking about how awful Russell Wilson played in that game...not about how to "contain" him!

Take every team away from their home field and they don't play as well. BTW over the last 2 years Seattle has the best road winning percentage in the NFL (I am pretty sure at least....if not they are damned close)

I believe the Seahawks are 7 and 1 at home this year and 5 and 3 on the road. It's obvious that they are MUCH better playing at home than they are on the road. The amount of crowd noise generated in that stadium is hard on teams that like to audible at the line to change plays because verbal signals simply can't be heard. And not every team plays better at home...Dallas was 8 and 0 on the road this year and 4 and 4 at home.

This game is more comparable to last years Super Bowl than it is to a typical away game. Both teams will be missing their usual home crowd support. There should still be more Seahawk fans in AZ than travel in support of the Patriots.
actually i would be surprised if this isnt a home game for the seahawks the fact when they play games in arizona,they always have an equal amount of seahawk fans for those games as cardinal fans.

Miller, who grew up in Southern California as a Rams fan and signed with the team in 1994, remembers the good years in L.A., too, winning teams and playoff games — even a Super Bowl appearance in the 1979 season — and he hopes history will repeat itself.

"Back in the day, the Rams had a great following," he says. "They had a great history, and they had a lot of appeal to the Hollywood scene. It will be interesting to see if they can recreate that. Because I'd sure like to see it."

Hostetler grew up, went to college and played most of his NFL career on the East Coast, and he finds it unbelievable that the NFL has not done business in sunny Southern California for two decades.

"There was a joke between my wife and me," Hostetler says. "We'd wake up every morning and we'd look out and it would be beautiful, and it was like that every morning. And we'd say to each other, 'Oh wow, another day like this.' It was amazing to play in L.A. with everything around us. You had the ocean. It was the best of all worlds as far as a place to play."

20 years later fans wait for return of Rams Raiders

Well, apparently that is not good enough for one local news station, who has turned their back on the local franchise and their fans. FOX 5 in Springfield, who have the privilege of airing the St. Louis Rams game to thousands of residents in Missouri, has announced that instead of supporting their local fans base, they have, instead, chosen to show the Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions game on Sunday.

comedy gold.:biggrin:

FOX 5 Springfield Snubs Local Fans By Not Showing Rams

actually i would be surprised if this isnt a home game for the seahawks the fact when they play games in arizona,they always have an equal amount of seahawk fans for those games as cardinal fans.

And every time the Pats play the Chargers Qualcomm has Patriots fans coming out the wazoo. I wouldn't underestimate the fan base in that part of the country.

at 2014 years end,6 OF 7 LA teams are top 10 in attendance.USC and UCLA each put 70k in the stands.LA RAMS have 4 of NFL's largest attended games.

If Seattle can go into the half ahead, they have a shot at the win. If not ...well...

In my opinion anyway.

I would disagree with that, Percy...only for the reason that the Patriots are probably the best second half team in the league. Time after time they went into the locker room at half time and figured out whatever wasn't working in the first half and then blew out their opponent in the second half. That's coaching. You may not like Bill Belichick but give the man his due...there's never been a better in game coach than "The Hoodie"!

You were right to say "probably", NE is a pretty good 2nd half team and Belichick's a pretty good game day coach but I don't know if he's the best ever, Pete Carroll's no slouch and-----and like it or not, when the history of NFC Championship games gets written -- Pete Carroll will be seen to have engineered the greatest comeback in NFL playoff history. Nobody will care that the weather let up at just the right moment for the Seattle Seahawks but-----but that said, in 2014 NE was only the 3rd best 2nd half team in the NFL, 7/10th of point better than the Seattle Seahawks ☛ here

Was it Pete Carroll's strategies that made the comeback possible or was it simply the Green Bay Packers failing to make plays, Star? I'll give Seattle full credit for not giving up but lets be honest here...if a certain Green Bay Packer back up tight end catches the on side kick with his hands instead of his face mask...then we're here talking about how the Seattle team melted down in the playoffs.

Of course Pete Carroll's strategies made the comeback possible - who do you think puts/signs off on the Seattle Seahawks game plan?

Coulda, woulda, shoulda's are kinda fun to play while sitting in a sports bar telling lies about 'if only's' over a couple of beers but-----but when we sober up, and the hangover wears off, watch the replay(s) on SC, reality sets in and we have to admit that what coulda been, woulda been, shoulda been wasn't. Then-----then you have to live with the fact that the weather let up, Seattle stood up, and the Packers fucked up - when you sober up, deal with it, K.

woo-hoo-youtube
Reality

And every time the Pats play the Chargers Qualcomm has Patriots fans coming out the wazoo. I wouldn't underestimate the fan base in that part of the country.

New England fans are VERY loyal to their teams. There are former New Englanders all over the country who are still fans of their New England teams. Just look at Red Sox Nation. We love our local sports teams here. :)

I hope the allegations of cheating against the Patriots gets resolved quickly.

Seattle deserves a good qualified opponent for Super Bowl 49.

Seattle's fans deserve a good game.

We don't have to worry about New England cheating in Arizona.

Whatever consequences the Patriots have to accept for their breaking rules last season and in the playoffs must be handed out to them after the game.

That is all the conversation about cheating I would like to see on this thread. Please take Inflate/Deflate-Gate on to other threads.

This thread is ONLY about the matchup between the teams.

Thanks.
Yeah "Seattle deserves a good game", after that pathetic performance at home they shouldn't even be in the Superbowl.... pats by 10:thup:

I certainly hope Belichick has the opportunity to find himself behind going into the second half.

Pete Carroll left USC one step ahead of NCAA sanctions that crippled the program. You have a strange concept of what constitutes "cheating".

That and Seattle leading the NFL in PED suspensions since Carroll arrived there.

Add to that the preseason practice violations.

Report Seahawks fined stripped of minicamp days for violating no-contact practice rules ProFootballTalk

I don't see Carroll and the Hawks much different than Belichick and the Pats.

If you are going to spread this crap on every thread I will correct you on every thread. The honor of being the leader in PED suspensions since Carroll's arrival goes to the Giants and in no single season did Seattle lead the NFL in suspensions.

NFL Players say Brady is lying about not knowing the balls deflated Page 9 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Seahawks lead in PED bans under Pete Carroll - ESPN

This doesn't include Sherman's violation which was overturned because the specimen was leaking.

You also didn't include the practice fine over the summer, it doesn't include Carroll's cheating at USC.

Carroll is pretty good in clutch situations. Wilson may be better. They had Wilson mic'd up for the Packer game and the conversation between him and Pete was interesting. Russell told Pete he was looking for a certain coverage..."Cover Zero" and if he saw it he would call the "check" which was a deep route to Kearse because there would be no "on top" or safety help. That perfect 35 yard pass from the pocket in overtime that won the game was Wilson's call.

Carroll is pretty good in clutch situations. Wilson may be better. They had Wilson mic'd up for the Packer game and the conversation between him and Pete was interesting. Russell told Pete he was looking for a certain coverage..."Cover Zero" and if he saw it he would call the "check" which was a deep route to Kearse because there would be no "on top" or safety help. That perfect 35 yard pass from the pocket in overtime that won the game was Wilson's call.
I agree, but I go one further, Wilson thrives on pressure.

So does Tom Brady. It's a well known fact that the Patriots have come from behind to win games many times. Tom Brady is like a machine when he has his mind set on that end zone, especially when time is tight and they are behind. He can march right on down the field and score and has done so many times. :D

Pats by 10, at least.

That game should have never gone to overtime Green bay gave the game away.....Wilson was terrible not sure how anyone could be impressed with the way he played. he's a good guy though I'll say that

That game should have never gone to overtime Green bay gave the game away.....Wilson was terrible not sure how anyone could be impressed with the way he played. he's a good guy though I'll say that

Green Bay sure didn't seem to be playing their best. I wasn't really impressed with the way either of those teams played, TBH. I don't think they're much of a threat to NE no matter the size of their balls. :lol:

So does Tom Brady. It's a well known fact that the Patriots have come from behind to win games many times. Tom Brady is like a machine when he has his mind set on that end zone, especially when time is tight and they are behind. He can march right on down the field and score and has done so many times. :D

Pats by 10, at least.

I never said otherwise, Brady is good at rallying his team. I think Wilson thrives on it, his attitude reminds me of Stabler.

Forum List

Back