Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
How sad you're too stupid to find this without my help even after I gave you the case. Oh well, c'est la vie.
And yet, you cannot copy and paste the text where the Cort upholds a ban on said shotguns.
Do you know why?
The NFA 1934 does not ban short-barrelled shotguns - or any other guns.
Thus, Miller cannot be an example of the Court upholding a ban on guns.

You lied.
Just like I said.

And yet, you cannot copy and paste the text where the Cort upholds a ban on said shotguns.
Do you know why?
The NFA 1934 does not ban short-barrelled shotguns - or any other guns.
Thus, Miller cannot be an example of the Court upholding a ban on guns.

You lied.
Just like I said.

Again, Miller resulted in establishing there are guns which are not protected by the 2nd Amendment. That makes the ban on sawed shotguns constitutional.

How sad you're too stupid to find this without my help even after I gave you the case. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Primary Holding
Only weapons that have a reasonable relationship to the effectiveness of a well-regulated militia under the Second Amendment are free from government regulation.
Who determines the "reasonable relationship" ??? ROTFLMBO - the Democrat's/leftist ??? I think it's we the people that determine what we expect of our representatives wouldn't you say ?

Rogue representative's are a dime a dozen these days, and the citizen's need to vote them out or recall them or impeach them if not being represented properly by them anymore.

Fucking moron, your 2nd Amendment rights are not abridged. You'd still have the right to arm yourself. Of course, I'm saying this to a fucking moron who thinks it's constitutional to possess a nuke. :cuckoo:
To limit the right in any way is by definition abridging it.

We know the intent of the founders was that each of us be well enough armed and equipped to shot up and do battle as a light infantryman if needed. You could not raise a militia ready to fight any other way.

Great, ignore the part about a "well regulated militia."

Your ignorance aside, the USSC is the final arbiter in determining the constitutionality of laws. Your bitterness over that doesn't actually change anything.
Speaking of idiots. "Well Regulated" has nothing to do with gov't regulation, it simply means to function properly.

"A well regulated clock keeps proper time".

"A well regulated saddle horse is smooth of gait and easy to handle."

You may now return to making a fool of yourself.

Primary Holding
Only weapons that have a reasonable relationship to the effectiveness of a well-regulated militia under the Second Amendment are free from government regulation.
The most flawed ruling ever to come down on the subject.

The Very weapons Miller was arrested and convicted of owning were weapons commonly used in trench warfare and clearing bunkers and caves.

Any properly working firearm can be of some benefit militarily.

Primary Holding
So what? The Miller decision is horseshit.

Sandy Hook families can sue gun industry

BRIDGEPORT — Gun-safety advocates hailed a judge’s ruling that victims’ families can sue the manufacturer of the military-style rifle used in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

hey called the Thursday decision by Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellisa landmark in the fight against the epidemic of mass shootings.

Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said it was an “important win” for the Newtown families and other victims.

“They deserve their day in court and we are pleased that at least for now they'll get it, despite the defendants' best efforts to derail this case,” Gross said. “Victims of gun violence are not second-class citizens.”

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, who became the state’s leading advocate for gun-control reforms after the Newtown school massacre, said firearms companies should not be allowed blanket immunity from wrongful-death lawsuits.

“I look at this as a moral victory,” Malloy said.

Gun makers, dealers and sellers had claimed the Newtown families did not have legal standing.

But Bellis ruled that the 2005 federal law shielding gun makers from liability does not override the claims by the Sandy Hook families that the Bushmaster XM-15 rifle is a military-style rifle that should never have been marketed to civilians.

The judge’s decisions comes in the middle of a contentious race for the nation’s presidency, in which the Sandy Hook families’ lawsuit has become pivotal.

Bellis ordered participating lawyers to her courtroom Tuesday for a conference to prepare for trial. An appeal of the decision, however, could delay the issue.

Josh Koskoff, the attorney from the Bridgeport-based Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder, representing the Newtown families, said he was pleased with Bellis’s ruling.

“We are thrilled that the gun companies’ motion to dismiss was denied,” Koskoff said in a statement. “The families look forward to continuing their fight in court.”

Attorneys for the defendant gun makers, distributors and dealer did not respond for requests for comment on Thursday.Michael Bazinet, public affairs director for the Newtown-based National Shooting Sports Foundation, said the organization is reviewing the decision and has no comment at this time.

U.S. Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, both Democrats, met with gun safety advocates Thursday and called for the repeal of the laws protecting the gun industry from lawsuits.

“It is a historic and seismic step to open the courthouse doors for gun violence survivors and others who have legitimate legal complaints against the gun industry,” said Blumenthal. “It is a powerful impetus and momentum for ongoing reform efforts to stop gun violence that is an epidemic and public health crisis in our nation.”

This next election is CRITICAL...........as there will probably be 3 Supremes nominated.............Here in a lower court..............they say they can now sue the gun manufacturers..................incredible.......
Most gun crimes are committed by people who hold illegal guns that they got from illegal sources that do not obey the gun laws.

Most gun crimes are committed by people who hold illegal guns that they got from illegal sources that do not obey the gun laws.
True. Thats an old thread complaining about them using it to take guns

Primary Holding

Soooooooo, that means every assault rifle, machinegun, pistol and multishot shotgun is covered by the 2nd Amendment.

Thanks for proving OUR point.

Dumbass.

Primary Holding
Thanks for the end to assault weapon bans

Sandy Hook families can sue gun industry

BRIDGEPORT — Gun-safety advocates hailed a judge’s ruling that victims’ families can sue the manufacturer of the military-style rifle used in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

hey called the Thursday decision by Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellisa landmark in the fight against the epidemic of mass shootings.

Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said it was an “important win” for the Newtown families and other victims.

“They deserve their day in court and we are pleased that at least for now they'll get it, despite the defendants' best efforts to derail this case,” Gross said. “Victims of gun violence are not second-class citizens.”

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, who became the state’s leading advocate for gun-control reforms after the Newtown school massacre, said firearms companies should not be allowed blanket immunity from wrongful-death lawsuits.

“I look at this as a moral victory,” Malloy said.

Gun makers, dealers and sellers had claimed the Newtown families did not have legal standing.

But Bellis ruled that the 2005 federal law shielding gun makers from liability does not override the claims by the Sandy Hook families that the Bushmaster XM-15 rifle is a military-style rifle that should never have been marketed to civilians.

The judge’s decisions comes in the middle of a contentious race for the nation’s presidency, in which the Sandy Hook families’ lawsuit has become pivotal.

Bellis ordered participating lawyers to her courtroom Tuesday for a conference to prepare for trial. An appeal of the decision, however, could delay the issue.

Josh Koskoff, the attorney from the Bridgeport-based Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder, representing the Newtown families, said he was pleased with Bellis’s ruling.

“We are thrilled that the gun companies’ motion to dismiss was denied,” Koskoff said in a statement. “The families look forward to continuing their fight in court.”

Attorneys for the defendant gun makers, distributors and dealer did not respond for requests for comment on Thursday.Michael Bazinet, public affairs director for the Newtown-based National Shooting Sports Foundation, said the organization is reviewing the decision and has no comment at this time.

U.S. Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, both Democrats, met with gun safety advocates Thursday and called for the repeal of the laws protecting the gun industry from lawsuits.

“It is a historic and seismic step to open the courthouse doors for gun violence survivors and others who have legitimate legal complaints against the gun industry,” said Blumenthal. “It is a powerful impetus and momentum for ongoing reform efforts to stop gun violence that is an epidemic and public health crisis in our nation.”

This next election is CRITICAL...........as there will probably be 3 Supremes nominated.............Here in a lower court..............they say they can now sue the gun manufacturers..................incredible.......
Oh yeah. Then there's just this we forgot to mention about all the mass shooters being hyped up on antidepressants and /or testosterone. With anti Christian anti-white manifestos even.....

Soooooooo, that means every assault rifle, machinegun, pistol and multishot shotgun is covered by the 2nd Amendment.

Thanks for proving OUR point.

Dumbass.

Some semiautomatic rifles have been banned before and they can be banned again.

Forum List

Back