Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Sandy Hook families can sue gun industry

BRIDGEPORT — Gun-safety advocates hailed a judge’s ruling that victims’ families can sue the manufacturer of the military-style rifle used in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

hey called the Thursday decision by Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellisa landmark in the fight against the epidemic of mass shootings.

Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said it was an “important win” for the Newtown families and other victims.

“They deserve their day in court and we are pleased that at least for now they'll get it, despite the defendants' best efforts to derail this case,” Gross said. “Victims of gun violence are not second-class citizens.”

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, who became the state’s leading advocate for gun-control reforms after the Newtown school massacre, said firearms companies should not be allowed blanket immunity from wrongful-death lawsuits.

“I look at this as a moral victory,” Malloy said.

Gun makers, dealers and sellers had claimed the Newtown families did not have legal standing.

But Bellis ruled that the 2005 federal law shielding gun makers from liability does not override the claims by the Sandy Hook families that the Bushmaster XM-15 rifle is a military-style rifle that should never have been marketed to civilians.

The judge’s decisions comes in the middle of a contentious race for the nation’s presidency, in which the Sandy Hook families’ lawsuit has become pivotal.

Bellis ordered participating lawyers to her courtroom Tuesday for a conference to prepare for trial. An appeal of the decision, however, could delay the issue.

Josh Koskoff, the attorney from the Bridgeport-based Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder, representing the Newtown families, said he was pleased with Bellis’s ruling.

“We are thrilled that the gun companies’ motion to dismiss was denied,” Koskoff said in a statement. “The families look forward to continuing their fight in court.”

Attorneys for the defendant gun makers, distributors and dealer did not respond for requests for comment on Thursday.Michael Bazinet, public affairs director for the Newtown-based National Shooting Sports Foundation, said the organization is reviewing the decision and has no comment at this time.

U.S. Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, both Democrats, met with gun safety advocates Thursday and called for the repeal of the laws protecting the gun industry from lawsuits.

“It is a historic and seismic step to open the courthouse doors for gun violence survivors and others who have legitimate legal complaints against the gun industry,” said Blumenthal. “It is a powerful impetus and momentum for ongoing reform efforts to stop gun violence that is an epidemic and public health crisis in our nation.”

This next election is CRITICAL...........as there will probably be 3 Supremes nominated.............Here in a lower court..............they say they can now sue the gun manufacturers..................incredible.......

Guns-Dont-Kill-People.jpg

That is one of the most ridiculous things ever. Has everyone in our country gone insane or something? :cuckoo:
Seems that way..................The Crazy never ends here anymore...............

This is just another ploy to try to take one of our rights.
Make no mistake about it..............their agenda is to ban all guns here..............even though most of them deny it............

If they take the Supreme Court it will be a Kangaroo court and they will use Judicial Activism to get their way.......

Keep your powder dry...............they will be coming one day for all guns...................

This is just another ploy to try to take one of our rights.
Make no mistake about it..............their agenda is to ban all guns here..............even though most of them deny it............

If they take the Supreme Court it will be a Kangaroo court and they will use Judicial Activism to get their way.......

Keep your powder dry...............they will be coming one day for all guns...................

I don't own any guns myself, but I do recognize the importance of our rights and our right to own a weapon. This kind of stuff makes me so angry! :mad:

How to create a social state by Saul Alinsky:

There are 8 levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state.

4) Gun Control — Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.

CSviE0FUwAAmsk4.jpg

obama-ban-social-security.jpg

I doubt that any parent from the alleged shooting at the Sandy Hoax false flag media event will dare risk discovery because this whole thing reeks and the FOIA requests that they have been denying will come to light...but what it does do is set a precedent that will allow the families of real victims of a shooting to sue gun manufacturers. Frankly, I have reached that point that I don't give a shit if people attempt to demonize me for calling this event for what it was...a live shooter training event that was portrayed as a real time event. Pictures of the iconic event with kids placing their hands on each other's shoulders were taken in the Fall when the weather was warmer. One pic shows a little boy at the front of the line...another pic shows him being in the bvack. I have found over 50 anomalies about Sandy Hoax that cannot stand up to scrutiny........good thing I am a web rat...and "NO", I do not own even so much as a slingshot...but I knew when someone is pissing up my leg while trying to tell me it is raining even though the sky is blue. I would loe for someone to dispute my claims........bring on the debate because I will bury them under an avalanche of evidence that shows that this was 100 percent staged.

Meh, I've heard about the "hoax" theory before. I don't really believe that. But, having said that, just because some loon freaks out and kills people, that is no reason to take rights or restrict rights regarding law abiding citizens. You don't blame the tool. It isn't the fault of the tool used.

Meh, I've heard about the "hoax" theory before. I don't really believe that. But, having said that, just because some loon freaks out and kills people, that is no reason to take rights or restrict rights regarding law abiding citizens. You don't blame the tool. It isn't the fault of the tool used.

I fired the same type of gun that Lanza allegedly used......the shells fly up in your face which is why you wear googles at the firing range. It took me five minutes to empty a 12 bullet clip when I was aiming at a target 15 feet away and only hit the target 7 times and I got the webbing between my thumb and forefinger caught inbetween the barrel....bleed like a stuck hog....you expect me to believe that this kid that suffered from a form of autism was able to get off over 100 shots with pinpoint accuracy in a ten minute span??? I don't buy this shit at all...I don;'t believe ANYTHING about Sandy Hoax.......

I fired the same type of gun that Lanza allegedly used......the shells fly up in your face which is why you wear googles at the firing range. It took me five minutes to empty a 12 bullet clip when I was aiming at a target 15 feet away and only hit the target 7 times and I got the webbing between my thumb and forefinger caught inbetween the barrel....bleed like a stuck hog....you expect me to believe that this kid that suffered from a form of autism was able to get off over 100 shots with pinpoint accuracy in a ten minute span??? I don't buy this shit at all...I don;'t believe ANYTHING about Sandy Hoax.......

Those rounds eject to the right away from the face..........are you shooting left handed with a right handed gun.................because that is the only way the ejection is towards the face..............at all.

FAT people can / should be able to sue FORK makers...

...after all it was the FORK'S fault, right?!

Victims of Drunk Driver accidents can / should be able to sue the maker of whatever alcohol the drunk driver was drinking...

....after all, it was the booze's fault, right?!

Forum List

Back